TaylorMade RocketBladez Irons Preview

18 minutes left according to TaylorMade's website until we found out.....hahaha I am a little unsure of how these are Blades or Bladez but I like the looks of the pictures. If they perform how they say they do I doubt many people will care about the looks as much.

wow theres a lot of people in this thread!

Got ya. That iron I would be interested in if they don't do something crazy with the badging.

As far as 8 iron accuracy with 6 iron distance, what if the 8 iron is the same loft as a traditional 6 iron?

This is why I love my current irons. I hit them far and theyre weak-lofted. LOL

Peace wedge gaps.

I'm not sure it's correct to assume that the lofts are stronger than most typical GI irons.

Looks like 4iron has the slot, 8 iron doesn't. So it's a good bet the long irons 4-6 will have it, while the attack irons 7-PW do not. So you can struggle with the gap between the 6 and 7 :act-up:

Honestly though, I'm with you. This is why I don't play GI irons.

The homepage article says the Speed Slot is in the 3-7 irons.

"Incorporated into the 3- through 7-irons, the Speed Pocket is a 2mm-wide slot in the sole of the iron that flexes and rebounds at impact, increasing the speed of the face to promote faster ball speed, a higher launch angle and a higher, stronger ball flight that lands on a steep, quick-stopping descent angle."

Define typical though Hawk? How does one define typical when theyve been inching forward for years?

Im not saying these will or wont get stronger, but if these get freakishly long distance, than blowing up your wedge gaps is never a good thing IMO.
I'm not sure it's correct to assume that the lofts are stronger than most typical GI irons.

They look pretty nice. I don't know if I am feeling the slot, but I am sure it helps out with the lower irons. They sure don't look blade like in my mind though. I guess I will have to hit them to see how they preform and feel.

I find most of the post in here comical to be honest. Doesn't really matter though because in the end these will most likely be a huge hit for TM.

Looks like 4iron has the slot, 8 iron doesn't. So it's a good bet the long irons 4-6 will have it, while the attack irons 7-PW do not. So you can struggle with the gap between the 6 and 7 :act-up:

Honestly though, I'm with you. This is why I don't play GI irons.

You can click the link in the 1st post and get all of this information.

I find most of the post in here comical to be honest. Doesn't really matter though because in the end these will most likely be a huge hit for TM.

TaylorMade will set a boat load of these regardless of how they look or perform. You are absolutely correct sir. It's just a naming thing for me really. They call them blades but they dont look like blades at all.

OMGOMGOMGOMG

This is incredible. I need to find somewhere to hit these. I have been waiting for an iron that could possibly replace my r7 TPs.

JB, HAWk - I need to test these!

Define typical though Hawk? How does one define typical when theyve been inching forward for years.

Im not saying these will or wont get stronger, but if theyre farther, than blowing up your wedge gaps is never a good thing.

You'll find 44-45° pretty typical for a GI/distance PW. W/S is an outlier with the Di11's, but you'll see most in that area and then going down. Longer irons have been jacked a little more in recent times, but I don't think lofts are what TM is banking on for distance with this set.

Looks like they could be deadly but not sure where they get blades out of those. Could be a huge plus if they do minimize low mishits

I like the looks of these, but they aren't a "must hit" for me...yet. The badging is nice, and it looks like an iron that quite a few golfers could do well with.

All these comments on lofts, I would say that it is possible with the addition of the speed slot which is designed to increase ball speed that a club could have the same loft, generate more ball speed and a higher trajectory, so that the distance was the same as other common-lofted irons, but the ball flight was higher and landed more vertically. That to me would be a better iron.

I'm liking the look, although the name is sort of misleading. Being the TM homer that I am, I can't wait to hit these.

John Deere Tap'n

TaylorMade will set a boat load of these regardless of how they look or perform. You are absolutely correct sir. It's just a naming thing for me really. They call them blades but they dont look like blades at all.
And this just might be the genius in the whole thing. Now people other then Mizuno homers can actually have BLADES in their bags and be able to actually hit them well. TM smart.

Internet golfers. You all know you cant wait to put some "blades" in your bags.

Busted. I am excited to get some blades finally

And this just might be the genius in the whole thing. Now people other then Mizuno homers can actually have BLADES in their bags and be able to actually hit them well. TM smart.

I will never argue that TaylorMade doesnt have genius marketing. Just look at how well they did by changing the color of the head to white. They made a killing (and still are). The technology didnt change much. just the color. Like I said earlier, I dont care how they look, just how they perform.

Internet golfers. You all know you cant wait to put some "blades" in your bags.

I actually really like the name. Blades are being used in a generic way and are obviously not referring to MB irons.

This is why I love my current irons. I hit them far and theyre weak-lofted. LOL

Peace wedge gaps.

You beast haha.

Quit making intelligent posts!

TM has put out some nice products lately and this is certainly another one that will spark some interest. One thing I enjoy about their offerings is that they can push the envelope when it comes to design and aesthetics, and for the most part, it's well received. I also am digging the slight color accent in that gold. Very nice looking iron and looking forward to more of THP's findings on them.

JB - How would you stack them up in terms of size? Closer to the R11 or RBZ?

Not sure how I feel about the look of these. But if they perform, they perform, and that's really what matters.

JB - How would you stack them up in terms of size? Closer to the R11 or RBZ?

Closer to RBZ, but not quite in my opinion.

Back