The Haney Project Rush Limbaugh [Spoilers]

I missed his season (actually just got TGC recently), but they're showing one of the Romano episodes right now and I agree with you from what I've seen so far.

I would've liked to have seen the Barkley season - his swing is something else!

Don't know if you can find the Barkley season on hulu or not but they have replayed it quite a bit the past few months so you might be able to catch it here and there.

Hank's wife is both far younger and far easier to look at than Hank is.

That or he knows a great plastic surgeon.

I'm liking those loudmouth shorts el rushbo is wearing

Haney is pretty impressed so far. This project actually might reach his goals.

Lol. Rich old men can claim that they are marrying for love, but the fact of the matter is, they never love ugly women. Coincidence?

his swing doesn't look too bad.

Not at all. But then again, my swing looks great too. There's a lot more to it than a good looking swing.

Rush has a swing that can be improved pretty easily I think. What's with the chest pounding? That looks unbelievably stupid.

Kevin

Definitely enjoyed the show. It will be interesting how they progress.

Question for those that won't watch because they disagree with Rush's politics. Would you watch if Bill Maher or Al Franken were the lessonee?

Kevin

+10 million.

One thing I will say is that I feel the camera angles/shots are unnecessarily scripted to avoid showing Rush's cochlear implant. Not that I think it is a show killer- or even really matters in the grand scheme of things, but everything just seemed a little more staged than it did with Barkley or Ray.

One thing I will say is that I feel the camera angles/shots are unnecessarily scripted to avoid showing Rush's cochlear implant. Not that I think it is a show killer- or even really matters in the grand scheme of things, but everything just seemed a little more staged than it did with Barkley or Ray.

I noticed the implant quite a bit. For some reason I always thought both ears had the implants.

It seems some people are planning to skip based on politics. I'm going to watch just to see the transformation. A cool show regardless of who's on it.

As for Rush, I'm not a fan per say, but I don't dislike him either.

I noticed the implant quite a bit. For some reason I always thought both ears had the implants.

Anytime he was talking he always had the right side of his face predominately to the camera, and all of his discussions with Haney and on the range were from directly in front or favoring the right side. I guess a lot of the angles just seem slightly less than natural to me.

The man is welcome to portray himself however he wants though, and I can certainly understand not wanting it to be a point of focus.

I thought it was good, honestly dont know rush's views on politics nor do i care and nor would it make me not watch the show. Thought it was very funny actually.

Hank's wife is both far younger and far easier to look at than Hank is....
I noticed that too! I haven't Googled it, but I'm guessing there's a pretty significant age difference there - not that there's anything wrong with that, of course!

I'm liking those loudmouth shorts el rushbo is wearing
I thought the same thing, but my wife disagreed pretty vehemently. :nono:

his swing doesn't look too bad.
It actually looked a lot better than what they showed in the previews!

I was pretty amazed by his attitude - he seems very humble and willing to accept Hank's instruction without any of the pomposity normally associated with his public persona.

Rush has a swing that can be improved pretty easily I think. What's with the chest pounding? That looks unbelievably stupid.
I'm guessing that he's parodying the pro athletes who do it on tv all the time.

I thought tonight's show was good. I think it will be fun and entertaining. His swing is better than I thought and he wants to learn. Will be interesting to see how much he improves.

I watched some of it and will probably catch it on a repeat episode. I watched because I love golf, not whether I am a fan of Rush' or not. I thought he came off as very credible and genuinely enjoyed the game and was looking to improve which we all are trying to do. He has some funny quips which made me laugh. I think I will enjoy watching him much more than Ray Romano.

I watched the Barkley one, the whole thing. It was OK, not what I was hoping for, and he didn't fix his swing. Watched some of the Romano one. Wasn't disappointed when I missed an episode or three here and there. Again, didn't do what was intended. This one I'm not watching. Not because of Rush, I like Rush's radio show. But because I think the show has run it's course. I'll keep an eye out on what's posted at the end, and if it's good, then I'll watch when they rerun it. A hundred times per episode!

I thought Romano was pretty witty, so i didnt mind him. I have no idea who Rush Limbaugh is so the show is irrelevant to me at this point.

Anytime he was talking he always had the right side of his face predominately to the camera, and all of his discussions with Haney and on the range were from directly in front or favoring the right side. I guess a lot of the angles just seem slightly less than natural to me.

The man is welcome to portray himself however he wants though, and I can certainly understand not wanting it to be a point of focus.

Could be, I didn't really notice it though. I'll keep my eye out for it in future episodes (I'll probably watch the first one again too).

I watched the Barkley one, the whole thing. It was OK, not what I was hoping for, and he didn't fix his swing. Watched some of the Romano one. Wasn't disappointed when I missed an episode or three here and there. Again, didn't do what was intended. This one I'm not watching. Not because of Rush, I like Rush's radio show. But because I think the show has run it's course. I'll keep an eye out on what's posted at the end, and if it's good, then I'll watch when they rerun it. A hundred times per episode!

The first episode was more of Haney and Limbaugh (Laurel and Hardy :D) getting to know each other, so no real lessons. It sounds like this season may be the best for the majority of golfers as it sounds like they'll focus more on strategy and ideas than on too much with swing mechanics.

Golf-wise, I share two things with Rush: I tend to set up aimed too far to the right, and I have way too many swing thoughts in my head. I'll be interested to see what Hank does to correct those things, as I may glean something useful from his advice.

I just watched the rerun. First of all, my views on politics are pretty much the opposite of Limbaugh, but I'll watch the show because it's about golf, and Limbaugh really seems like he wants to improve. He also definitely has a better swing based on the first episode than Barkley or Romano. He also seems extremely interested in the process of learning, and is open to suggestions from Haney, which is a good thing.

On a completely different note, Hank really outkicked his coverage in terms of his wife. :)

Back