The Haney Project Rush Limbaugh [Spoilers]

Just caught the show, I think it is going to be a good season. Haney seemed pleasantly surprised with Rush and he had a better swing than I thought. I really hope that he works hard as that was one of my favorite things about the Barkley season.

Both the Barkley and Romano shows were boring, but I really thought that this one finally got it right. Regardless of whether you agree with his politics (I tend to lean conservative, but I still think he's a pompous ass), he is an entertainer, and he seems to be quite at home on this show. I will actually make a point of watching this series. Fortunately that isn't difficult, as GC will show each episode a dozen times each week. :laughing:

Anytime he was talking he always had the right side of his face predominately to the camera, and all of his discussions with Haney and on the range were from directly in front or favoring the right side. I guess a lot of the angles just seem slightly less than natural to me.

The man is welcome to portray himself however he wants though, and I can certainly understand not wanting it to be a point of focus.

I noticed it quite a bit, but I dont think it has anything to do with him. I assure you, there is no way the guy scripts his own blocking.

I just watched the rerun. First of all, my views on politics are pretty much the opposite of Limbaugh, but I'll watch the show because it's about golf, and Limbaugh really seems like he wants to improve. He also definitely has a better swing based on the first episode than Barkley or Romano. He also seems extremely interested in the process of learning, and is open to suggestions from Haney, which is a good thing.

On a completely different note, Hank really outkicked his coverage in terms of his wife. :)

Well said. I wouldnt not watch a movie (outside of a documentary) because I disagreed with one's political views (and we know how outspoken half of Hollywood is now), this will be no different. I personally feel that that is a pretty extreme point of view. But in the end, Rush (and others like him) brings those emotions.

Last edited:
From the coming attractions of upcoming episodes at the end of the premiere i can't figure out if this season is about Rush or Hank's wife...

Does anybody else think Tiger tried to get with Haney's wife?

Does anybody else think Tiger tried to get with Haney's wife?

Nah- she doesn't have the Perkins charm about her.

Tapatalk- doesn't cure a slice...

+1 I'd rather watch Shuffleboard on ESPN the Ocho
I enjoyed the season with Barkley because I find him pretty funny but I just have no desire to watch this season.

I will watch this season as Rush seems to be a better player than Charles and Ray.I also agree with most that last season seemed much less interesting than the first season.It seems Rush Limbaugh might prove to be the best season of The Haney Project.I personally don't agree with most of his views,but this show is about golf first.

I generally like The Haney Project, and I'm glad they're continuing the series. I don't really have an opinion on Rush Limbaugh, though I do know he is very polarizing. I didn't know he had a cochlear implant, but I did notice a kind of wire/tube thingee around his left ear. I just assumed it was some kind of in-ear monitor or hearing aid.

I did, however, notice Hank Haney's wife - wa wa wee wa! Interesting how they're positioning her as a co-star. The next Haney Project should be on how to "score" like Hank!

I really liked this episode. Seems like Rush is very into improving his game. I thought it was a little weird how much of Mrs. Haney they showed.

...I thought it was a little weird how much of Mrs. Haney they showed.
I did too, but I wasn't complainin'! Bom chicka bow wow.

arydolphin said:
...On a completely different note, Hank really outkicked his coverage in terms of his wife. :)
Man, I couldn't help but laugh at that when I read it!

I just wish he'd stop wearing the loudmouth clothes.

The show I'd really like to see is Haney taking just some regular Joe and spend the time teaching him, maybe trying to get him ready for Q School or something

I just wish he'd stop wearing the loudmouth clothes.

The show I'd really like to see is Haney taking just some regular Joe and spend the time teaching him, maybe trying to get him ready for Q School or something

Unfortunately that would not do the same in the ratings. Haney's show is the highest rated show on TGC. THe Barkley edition was the highest rated show they had ever done on TGC.

I actually believe the Rush edition will break that record and thought the 1st episode was far more like Barkley than it was Romano. More golf, less "other" stuff.

Unfortunately that would not do the same in the ratings. Haney's show is the highest rated show on TGC. THe Barkley edition was the highest rated show they had ever done on TGC.

I actually believe the Rush edition will break that record and thought the 1st episode was far more like Barkley than it was Romano. More golf, less "other" stuff.

I agree and disagree with the part in bold. Yes it was more about golf which was nice but I do not understand the point of having his wife on the show. If they are trying to do a "sex sells" with this show then I totally understand why she is there. But if it's a show about golf lessons then I don't see the point of having her there. Sure they are trying to say she is learning too but the star of this show is Rush and Hank. Don't get me wrong, she is great eye candy, but I am not interested in their love story I just want to see golf lessons.

That probably sounds like a typical woman response but I can assure you I appreciate eye candy with the best of 'em but for the golf channel I just don't get it. I had the same issue with Big Break Sandals. Was it a show about golf or girls?

I agree and disagree with the part in bold. Yes it was more about golf which was nice but I do not understand the point of having his wife on the show. If they are trying to do a "sex sells" with this show then I totally understand why she is there. But if it's a show about golf lessons then I don't see the point of having her there. Sure they are trying to say she is learning too but the star of this show is Rush and Hank. Don't get me wrong, she is great eye candy, but I am not interested in their love story I just want to see golf lessons.

That probably sounds like a typical woman response but I can assure you I appreciate eye candy with the best of 'em but for the golf channel I just don't get it. I had the same issue with Big Break Sandals. Was it a show about golf or girls?

I actually agree with you here. Is the show about Hank giving lessons to Rush and his improvement or is the show about the Haney couple?

I dont like Rush lol but I'm gonna like this show. I think Rush has some potential as a golfer and he has a good basis I think. I don't know him personally and all I have to go off of is his radio/public personality.

I think Ray Romano could have been a lot better golfer at the end. But he was so stuck in his ways and it almost seemed like he wanted to match golf intelligence with Haney. Like he had to prove himself. So full of himself, I wasn't rooting for him by the end.

How will Rush respond when it gets worse before it gets better phase of lessons? I'm interested to see. He seems more open to learning and even admitted that he doesn't know a lot. Who knows, I'm gonna watch. I can't wait.

I'm not looking forward to Haney's wife. Sure, HOT but why is she even going to be a focus? Lol, I don't have a good feeling. I see her using this as a springboard to her own career. It's like you have a friend with that significant other that we all know is just there for the ride. Maybe she pushed her way onto the show? Hank said something about spending time with his wife in Hawaii, well isn't the show about him giving Rush golf lessons? I almost feel like Rush will take a back seat to her and it will piss him off haha.

I'm sure she's there to be Hank's confidant and to be eye candy. Next episide she wears a bikini! But I agree, the show could and should be done without her. I'm sure they would get the ratings they want without her.

As a long time Rush listener, I find myself very puzzled by his personality on the show. He's so unsure of himself, which is anything but Rush. As far as the eye candy, keep it coming, haha. It may not fit the show, but I can put up with it.

As a long time Rush listener, I find myself very puzzled by his personality on the show. He's so unsure of himself, which is anything but Rush. As far as the eye candy, keep it coming, haha. It may not fit the show, but I can put up with it.

I was thinking the same thing Duey about his personality on the course. It's night and day of what he is like on the radio. The reason I think I will like this show is because he is making it seem as if he is your typical weekend golfer, granted he plays some much nicer courses by the looks of it. I mean he shows up on the weekends, goes straight to the tee, has tried some lessons but hasn't found anything that worked. He doesn't have a bad or quirky swing, struggles out of the sand. That sounds like a lot of people i know!

I was thinking the same thing Duey about his personality on the course. It's night and day of what he is like on the radio. The reason I think I will like this show is because he is making it seem as if he is your typical weekend golfer, granted he plays some much nicer courses by the looks of it. I mean he shows up on the weekends, goes straight to the tee, has tried some lessons but hasn't found anything that worked. He doesn't have a bad or quirky swing, struggles out of the sand. That sounds like a lot of people i know!

Great point ddec, he seem's to be working hard on that perception. I can't see them working him as hard as they did CB. They worked Charles so hard I was almost feeling sorry for the guy, lol.

Rush basically said it in the first episode, he trusts his instincts in everything else he does in his life, but doesn't trust them on the golf course. Also, someone else earlier in the thread was questioning his handicap, he said that it's an 18 but he is probably closer to 28. Like I said earlier, I would not listen to Rush's show on the radio at all because my views are opposed to his, but I'm actually interested in this show after the first episode because Rush appears to want to enjoy the process of improving, and he doesn't have the horrible swing faults of Barkley and doesn't seem to be as hesitant about the process as Romano was.

Ratings are in and it is once again the highest rated show on the network. Tuesday night's episode was the highest rated show since the original Charles Barkley premiere.

Back