THP 2011 Spring Outing Pairings/Tee Times

I'm confident that he'll be good to go, but at the same time it would not be fair to decide for him.

Then I suggest you reach out to your partner. He has a voice.

Ok I'm finally caught up on this thread now. Kinda odd to see the ebb and flow of the arguement which started over something so silly. Jobs at stake, gear at stake? damn. Trash talking never works out and can make friends really say and do things they don't want to.

Personally my goal wasn't and still isn't to potentially lose gear at the Outing. I've never been a big bettor when golfing, at least for big stakes like that. Sure maybe a dollar for closest to the hole on Par 3's but nothing more so I'm pretty sure this would take all the fun out of the round for me. However I don't want to be the one who keeps everyone else from having fun either so if that's what's been decided then that's what's been decided.

Whoa....You want credentials, but what do I get? Unfortunately we dont have that opportunity to do credentials for a tournament for people outside of staff. If I could help, I would.

I like your guys fight and moxie. I really do. Its funny and makes me smile, but I like it.

That's fine then- we could always play for a staff position (expressed purpose already states). If not there is something worth wagering.

I didnt put forth what you would get cause honestly, it won't matter and 2. I won't speak to what you would want in the off chance of a victory

Tapatalk- USGA non-conforming

That's fine then- we could always play for a staff position (expressed purpose already states). If not there is something worth wagering.

I didnt put forth what you would get cause honestly, it won't matter and 2. I won't speak to what you would want in the off chance of a victory

Tapatalk- USGA non-conforming

Thats funny. I dont know what the bolded part means...But if you want to put that kind of something on the line, you need to come up with what you will be paying when you lose.

And we both know how that will end up. We will hear "I am supposed to lose, my index says so" and a bunch of others, but in the end, to the victor goes the spoils and we need to come up with something that works for all 4 participants.

For the record, Credentials dont work like that. They want to see previous work, etc...

Thats funny. I dont know what the bolded part means...But if you want to put that kind of something on the line, you need to come up with what you will be paying when you lose.

And we both know how that will end up. We will hear "I am supposed to lose, my index says so" and a bunch of others, but in the end, to the victor goes the spoils and we need to come up with something that works for all 4 participants.

For the record, Credentials dont work like that. They want to see previous work, etc...

Typo-

"If not, there is bound to be something worth wagering"

Fair enough on the media credentials- that's a whole world that I know nothing about. Still about the coolest thing that I could think of.
What do I have (or have the possibility of doing/saying/not saying/wearing/etc) that has value to you? I don't know- so then that probably comes down to your call.

Regarding the "how that will end"... if that is what you want to think, fine by me. I am not here to change or dissuade that opinion other than through a bet.

For all I know, I'll end up on your team and all of this is for naught anyways. Maybe we should start there?

WOW! Some big time smack talking going on!!! I can't believe i'm gonna miss this!

Ok I'm finally caught up on this thread now. Kinda odd to see the ebb and flow of the arguement which started over something so silly. Jobs at stake, gear at stake? damn. Trash talking never works out and can make friends really say and do things they don't want to.

Personally my goal wasn't and still isn't to potentially lose gear at the Outing. I've never been a big bettor when golfing, at least for big stakes like that. Sure maybe a dollar for closest to the hole on Par 3's but nothing more so I'm pretty sure this would take all the fun out of the round for me. However I don't want to be the one who keeps everyone else from having fun either so if that's what's been decided then that's what's been decided.
Ok I got it....oh yeah, I got it! We're all testers and the one thing that we'd maybe not like reviewing the most is training aids. I know, I know, we love all reviews equally but let's say this. The losing team reviews nothing but training aids for a period of time, 6 months or so. It would be funny and fun and everyone would enjoy it. People in attendance could raz the losers without feeling bad they they just lost a set of irons and now have to play the Champion with 3 wedges, a driver and a hybrid. So that's my idea, losers are stuck on training aid duty.

holy hell - this is getting insane!! the battle between p4b and JB ... i almost dont want to play that day - just follow em around and watch.. can i walk behind ya all?

WOW! Some big time smack talking going on!!! I can't believe i'm gonna miss this!

Danilo!! Where ya been bro? Good to see you back!

There's been loads of smack talk here. My brain can't comprehend it all! You guys are serious!

I hate this thread now. I am way to emotional for all this trash talking. I can't tell who is serious and who is joking and if people are really mad at each other or just joking around.

I hate this thread now. I am way to emotional for all this trash talking. I can't tell who is serious and who is joking and if people are really mad at each other or just joking around.

hahha dang! its hard-coded into females. My girlfriend is the same way- when we are watching sports and trash-talking with the guys - she gets sooooo apologetic. "He doesn't mean that" "He's just gets excited sometimes" always trying to play the mediator. hahah

I know, I'm the same way that's why I am not very good as trash talking. I'll say this, I am really looking forward to all 3 of the rounds on Saturday and Sunday, there is no way I'd be able to be mad at anyone knowing that soon I'll be back on the grounds of PGA National with all my friends from THP!

hahha dang! its hard-coded into females. My girlfriend is the same way- when we are watching sports and trash-talking with the guys - she gets sooooo apologetic. "He doesn't mean that" "He's just gets excited sometimes" always trying to play the mediator. hahah

Yup, that's me too! I just sit and cringe listening to all the trash talking. The difference between guys and girls is that guys trash talk and say mean things right to the other person's face. Girls, on the other hand, say mean things behind a person's back. This way we don't hurt anyones feelings haha.

I know, I'm the same way that's why I am not very good as trash talking. I'll say this, I am really looking forward to all 3 of the rounds on Saturday and Sunday, there is no way I'd be able to be mad at anyone knowing that soon I'll be back on the grounds of PGA National with all my friends from THP!

I like that form of thinking. That no one can be mad at anyone because you are right in just a few short weeks we will all be at PGA National! I cannot wait!

I cant believe how soon this outing is coming up. I am really looking forward to it. I need a vacation bad!

TODAY:

Pittsburgh - Cloudy and 47*
West Palm Beach - Sun and 84*

Yea, I'd say I'm excited!!! Just over a month to go!

Ok I got it....oh yeah, I got it! We're all testers and the one thing that we'd maybe not like reviewing the most is training aids. I know, I know, we love all reviews equally but let's say this. The losing team reviews nothing but training aids for a period of time, 6 months or so. It would be funny and fun and everyone would enjoy it. People in attendance could raz the losers without feeling bad they they just lost a set of irons and now have to play the Champion with 3 wedges, a driver and a hybrid. So that's my idea, losers are stuck on training aid duty.

That wont work for multiple reasons.

I will have to do some brain storming, but it appears that your partner would rather not have anything on the line. So maybe that is best.

Dang....I thought I was so smart too. Any other suggestions? How about the losers co-author a homepage article on how to lose with class and style?

I think that would be a great wager to make. Nothing but pride on that line and it becomes a permanent part of the website/lore.

I will have to do some brain storming, but it appears that your partner would rather not have anything on the line. So maybe that is best.
We can be creative and find something fun to have at stake without having to really make anyone too uncomfortable.

Losing team plays blades the rest of the summer and has to video themselves telling another group that they are killing their irons today.

Now I want to see this!

So I took the time to reread the post from yesterday. Sorry for being a little pissy about everything. After a full night of fun and beer I am much more in a normal state of mind.

Lets get down to it. I am fine with the JB/Gus vs CL/One-T match up. It is the most balanced of the two team set ups. I was playing under 14 early this year but I am back to playing in the 16 range on my last two rounds... so I am a wild card.

I am also 100% OK with this matchup too. I think it would be a lot of fun to take down JB/One-T as the "underdogs". Not only could I do something that no Calloway has done- I could do it WHILE beating a calloway. That certainly has its advantages.
I was also thinking what I would want when I win against JB (if he wasn't on my team). The one thing that I would really want won't fly this year (THP Media Credentials to the Bridgestone Invitational, or The memorial) because I'll be out of town. I am sure we could still manage to work something out though.

So what is it going to be? Balanced and fair, or is this going to be VCU vs Kansas... cause we all know how that ended.

Pffft...you and Chunky would fall so easily. You really think this is a fair bet your willing to even consider?

what have we decided to do?

and by the way, this thread got awesome!!

I like the idea of playing for something but I think playing for equipment or jobs could lead to some really bad things. It would only be a crappy way to start what is supposed to be a mini-golf vacation and could possibly ruin the cool and unique relationships that we staffers have with each other. I'm sure we can think of something that will spawn 'that's a great idea' post or 2 on the forum

We can be creative and find something fun to have at stake without having to really make anyone too uncomfortable.

I like the idea of playing for something but I think playing for equipment or jobs could lead to some really bad things. It would only be a crappy way to start what is supposed to be a mini-golf vacation and could possibly ruin the cool and unique relationships that we staffers have with each other. I'm sure we can think of something that will spawn 'that's a great idea' post or 2 on the forum

I think Hanks doesnt have faith in himself and P4B.

Dudes, I really don't care. I thought it would be fun. I have plenty of clubs, so figured it would be something that wasn't too severe. I'm not trying to room anybodys time. We can play for a sleeve of balls for all I care.

Posted via Tapatalk.

Back