UST ATTAS T2 & MP5 Shaft Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great review TC, the MP5 looks really interesting. Was curious to see how it would hold up to higher swing speeds, the consistency you saw is suprising at that price point!

Nice review TC! I know nearly nothing about shafts but the T2 sounded perfect by the OEM description. Any idea why you could not get the flight down on the T2? Could it have been a setting on the R11 head causing the high flight?

Thanks again for the review; love reading and learning about this stuff!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Nice review TC! I know nearly nothing about shafts but the T2 sounded perfect by the OEM description. Any idea why you could not get the flight down on the T2? Could it have been a setting on the R11 head causing the high flight?

Thanks again for the review; love reading and learning about this stuff!

Tappin' from my iPad!

I'm not too sure to be honest. I do have the FCT on the R11 set to higher but when I was fit for the driver, that's the setting that provides me with an ideal launch angle. I really didn't tinker much with the settings. The one thing that crossed my mind was that perhaps the Stiff flex in the Attas is not as stiff as the Stiff flex compared to other OEM shafts?

The T2 is a good shaft and you can really feel it load and unload but for me, there are better options.

I think the MP5 could help a slew of people. If you're needing some extra launch it could be perfect. In the review I said it was very consistent in its flight b/c it was. I hit the ball too high with it but at least I was seeing the same flight pattern over and over. That tells me that the shaft is very good at what it's suppose to do.

Great review TC. Do you think if you messed around with the FCT that you could have gotten the ideal flight from the T2? I went to the website and they selected the Attas/Proforce which is what I expected. I don't like the feel of the Proforce but the Attas was real nice.

Great review TC!! I'm just curious though. You mentioned that the T2 had a slightly higher ballflight than you're accustomed to. How much higher are we talking? Did it balloon on you? Thanks.

Alex

Great review TC. I have always been interested in UST shaft, but have not ever hit one. I need to make sure that I hit one of these my next fitting. I really like the looks of them and would like to see how they preform in my driver. Thanks.

Nice review TC. the shaft fitting on their website is really helpful and informative. I'm beginning to understand how a properly fit shaft can really help a golfer and these shafts are now on the radar thanks to your review!

I just did the fitting on UST's website and the Attas 2370 (s) and Proforce 9170 (s) were recommended to me. Too bad that I just cut the ProForce down to 4w length otherwise I'd try that as a potential driver shaft for myself.

Great review TC. Do you think if you messed around with the FCT that you could have gotten the ideal flight from the T2? I went to the website and they selected the Attas/Proforce which is what I expected. I don't like the feel of the Proforce but the Attas was real nice.

Possbily chunky, possibly. The biggest problem is that I have two shafts, the Radix HD6 and the Kusala Black, that just perform so much better for me that the T2 had a tough challenge.

Great review TC!! I'm just curious though. You mentioned that the T2 had a slightly higher ballflight than you're accustomed to. How much higher are we talking? Did it balloon on you? Thanks.

Alex

Honestly, it depends on whether or not there might be any wind in my face. It definitely launches higher than the above mentioned shafts that I prefer but I wouldn't say it balloons on me. It just launches a bit higher, similar to the Project X's that I have tested. It's not horrible, but it's not ideal for me.

Thanks for the great info, Lucas. I wanted to like the T2, but didn't like it for my swing as much as the original Attas. The MP5 has me interested.

Thanks for the great info, Lucas. I wanted to like the T2, but didn't like it for my swing as much as the original Attas. The MP5 has me interested.

I actually thought you might like the MP5. I let One-T hit the MP5 and he and I saw similar results, just a bit to high for our liking. Like I said, if someone needs a higher flight or a bit more launch, and wants something in the lighter weight category, the MP5 is awfully hard to beat. I think it's a sub $50 shaft.

That's a pretty excellent price.

That's a pretty excellent price.

I agree. It makes you want to try one, doesn't it? I actually think you can find them on the Bay for even cheaper too.

Is it pretty true to flex? Any idea on the spin characteristics?

Is it pretty true to flex? Any idea on the spin characteristics?

I think so. I had the stiff, and it seemed capable. You know that I don't really prefer the lighter weight shafts though. I don't have any launch monitor data but my feelings are that it would probably generate a bit more spin.

Really informative review TC. I'm a huge fan of the T2 and I think one of the few that it worked better than the original Attas for me. I loved the lower ballflight (although still on the mid side).

good to know....I may have to check one out then. My current shaft is 59g and the UST Fitting tool recommended shafts that were >70g

I agree. It makes you want to try one, doesn't it? I actually think you can find them on the Bay for even cheaper too.

Great review TC I really enjoyed reading it

Excellent review TC! I've been waiting to hear on these shafts for quite some now. I first used their shaft fitting tool almost 2 years ago and the Attas I have now was one of the recommendations. It's quick, easy, and I have to say, pretty darn accurate. I love the Attas in my driver. So much so, I've been pondering the Attas hybrid shaft. Any chance we could see a review on the Attas and T2 hybrid shafts TC?

The MP5 intrigues me, but I don't think it's the one for me. I can launch my Attas pretty high as it is right now so I don't really need anything higher. I've struggled with some of the really light shafts in the driver. The price is awesome though. I'm sure it would be great for a lot of golfers out there.

Great review TC!

Thanks 9iron! The T2 will flight the ball a bit lower than the ATTAS like you have, but you are right, it's not a cheap shaft.

Arent there other shafts in the MP line? Heavier shafts?

Great review TC! I went to their site and they suggested either the Attas International, or the Pro Force shaft for me. Really cool with all of the data they give you on the shafts too. Thanks for posting the link!

Arent there other shafts in the MP line? Heavier shafts?

No, the MP5's are for woods, and the MP6's are for irons. The heaviest MP5 is the Stiff flex at 52grams. I believe the Regular and lighter flexes go from 51 - 50 grams.

Thanks 9iron! The T2 will flight the ball a bit lower than the ATTAS like you have, but you are right, it's not a cheap shaft.

Here's yet another example of how great the current Cleveland line is with the stock Miyazaki shafts. For your testing setup, $400 for a R11 plus $400 for a T2. Or you could get a new Cleveland with a C. Kua stock for $300. Bit of a no brainer, but I do love my Attas.

Will we see a review of the hybrid shafts TC?

No, the MP5's are for woods, and the MP6's are for irons. The heaviest MP5 is the Stiff flex at 52grams. I believe the Regular and lighter flexes go from 51 - 50 grams.

Thanks TC

Back