Woodworking / Furniture Building

Gorgeous man. Incredible talent.

Looks great Jason!

Thanks guys this one was pretty simple compared to the rest of the furniture.

Man I might have to have you make me something if you ever get some time. Beautiful work.

Thanks GregDan we could make it happen what ya thinking

Bunk beds !!

Great work Jason. My wife is trying to get me to make a vanity for my daughter. May need to pick your brain.

Thanks GregDan we could make it happen what ya thinking
Been looking at making a toy chest for awhile. Not really sure what else I would need. We could talk and I could pick your brain.

Great work Jason. My wife is trying to get me to make a vanity for my daughter. May need to pick your brain.

Play vanity or real world bathroom vanity. There's not a whole lot up there but feel free to pick away. :D

Been looking at making a toy chest for awhile. Not really sure what else I would need. We could talk and I could pick your brain.

Sounds like we need to get together for some hang out time and figure out where to start!

This is really something I'd like to give a try some day. There are sooo many ways to make them cool and functional for more than sleep.
Yeah we have been talking about putting the 2 oldest in 1 room via bunk beds.

Dude Jason you got skills bro!
Bunk beds !!
Looks like this is on the docket for me to build this winter. Gonna put our two in one room and turn the other into a big playroom to help with toys and space issues.

that's a great lookin blanket closet! I'm still working my way up through some smaller projects to learn the ropes before I tackle anything that needs to look that nice. So far I've outfitted half of my garage with cabinet space (really just a carcase to use as a work surface), I put together a lumber/clamp rack to hold scraps and well... clamps, and I'm working on some carts that will hold things like my jointer/planer and my belt sander, but be short enough that I can unbolt the tool, put it inside the cart, and wheel the whole thing out of the way underneath the work surface. I have also done a couple of small things like a mahogany stand for an old toy steam boat my dad has had for years. That turned out pretty nice, even if it was rather simple.

The more I do, the more I realize I have a loooong way to go before I turn out quality furniture. it's been fun so far though!

Oh heck I don't know where to begin. I do some cabinet work here in my home. I have a 12x30 room with various heaters and such in it so cramped spaces are the norm. All my tools are on mobile bases. Makes working a lot easier. To do the desk right you will need a good table saw. I have a Craftsman Hybrid made by Steel City. Any good Hybrid or a solid contractors saw will work. A Kreig Jig set up is well worth the expense. A router and a few bits will get what you need done. A biscuit joiner would also help.

I will throw this out. Get to know Grizzly. They have a web site and ordering is easy and a great company to deal with. The tools are very good and reasonably priced. Everything you need except the pipe and finishing supplies can be gotten from grizzly. I'm spoiled as they have 3 warehouses and show rooms in the US. The Williamsport one is only 45 minuits away from me. I have spent many a saturday afternoon strolling through the Bad Green Store.

I cannot say strenuosly enough to get the right tools. It's a struggle without them. And Grizzly is a good place to start.

Mark Shuman

well it's been 9 months since I started this thread, and I've picked up quite a few tools in that time. Since I decided to make half of my 2-car garage into a woodshop, I have room for just enough. I now have a Delta table saw and band saw, a porter cable drill press, a bosch router and a bunch of bits that were on clearance... a variety of dewalt hand-held power tools like a jigsaw, biscuit joiner, etc. I did get a couple of grizzly items, but not many. It has all just come down to what I can find the best deal on when I find a need for some new tool. Though I think the only one I've added to my arsenal in the last few months is a Festool TS-55 track saw that I got on their 40% off reconditioned sale. I now have quite the list of tools at my disposal, but I didn't pay retail for any of them :D.

I am about to embark on finishing my bar this weekend. I finally made a decision on what type of bar top I'm going with and it's going to be countertop epoxy. Throwing in some accent colors to pull the rest of the basement in. Wish me luck as I am testing out the DIY.

Just screwed in the last rivet into the bar. Bar top is on and now serviceable. Actually like how it turned out. Now to bring in the two tap system and get some beers flowing. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416421100.313111.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416421115.077075.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416421138.900023.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416421165.968849.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416421180.379582.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416421189.581840.jpg

This basement has been two years in the making...ugh!

Looking good buddy

What treatment is on that Bar top?

What treatment is on that Bar top?

I used a Epoxy mix which allows you to throw accent colors in. I got the idea from countertopepoxy.com. They have kits for purchase but I went with something from Home Depot. Once I get home I'll get the name of epoxy.

I used a Epoxy mix which allows you to throw accent colors in. I got the idea from countertopepoxy.com. They have kits for purchase but I went with something from Home Depot. Once I get home I'll get the name of epoxy.

Nice! That countertop is making me hungry - looks like a marble cake lol!

Back