The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The standard of overbooking where tee time gaps are 8mins for public courses is not exclusive to Michigan. It’s the norm for my local courses for sure and is really apparent on the weekends. I’ve gotten to the point where I try to play during the weekdays because courses are mostly deserted. The hell with work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is one of the few things I like about working 1430-2300. I can get in a round almost any day before work... you know, unless tornadoes or rain decide otherwise.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The standard of overbooking where tee time gaps are 8mins for public courses is not exclusive to Michigan. It’s the norm for my local courses for sure and is really apparent on the weekends. I’ve gotten to the point where I try to play during the weekdays because courses are mostly deserted. The hell with work!

Same here. I always wondered why it's 8 minutes and not 10. I suppose it's more money coming in. But, dang, it gets pretty clogged out there at times.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Amen.

My HS kids are taught from day one to play ready golf. The boys are way better about it than the girls, but it was year one with them. Even my beginners know the value of pace and ready golf, makes a world of difference.

I commend you on your efforts but most amateur golfers emulate what they see on TV... you know, walk around the entire green to view their 10’ putt from every possible angle, take 12 practice strokes, reposition the ball, look again, then finally putt. I’m obviously exaggerating but I recently was paired with a guy who was a good stick but pretty much had a routine on the tee, in the fairway and on the green where more than a few times I’m hitting a second and sometimes a 3rd before he’s ready for his second. Needless to say after finishing #6 I jumped to #9 because of the course layout to get away for this guy and his group.

To JBs point, I’m not a good player but I don’t d&$@ around wherever my ball goes.

Keep up the good work with the kids!

Geez, go do stuff for a few hours and come back to all of these posts.

FWIW, the first time those guys waited on us was on 16. Then the guy yelled on 17. Seemed a bit aggressive in my eyes.

@Jman, 2 hours walking is insane to me. If you do that with others in the group, more power to you.

actually i was thinking about asking that exact question. like, is there a point of no return? sure most of us are cool to let people play through, but is there a hole that you would never let anyone play through?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was coming in here to complain about a 6+ hour rd today. It was a scramble which I know is going to be slow, but it’s way too hot out for what happened today. Most groups finished 1:15 before us, but we were stuck behind total beginners.

In cart gps had us at 110 minutes behind pace.

There were only two of us in my group tonight and we were following behind a fivesome that was walking. Of course they held us up and even when we caught up to them on the hole 3 tee box they didn't let us through! Thankfully the Marshall happened to come around and told them to let us pass but it boggles my mind that they didn't have enough common sense to do it without being told. The course was completely open ahead of them too so it's not like they were waiting.

They were 3 or 4 holes behind us when we finished.

FWIW, the first time those guys waited on us was on 16. Then the guy yelled on 17. Seemed a bit aggressive in my eyes.

That sucks. We were on sub 4hr pace with a full foursome and we got caught on 16 by members at the club we were guests for since I was having my wedding there, and they yelled at us the second they caught us. They were a three with forecaddies, of course you’re going to play faster.

Ruined the whole round for me. Which I shouldn’t have let it, but it did. And it was their club, so there isn’t much for me to say, or at least I didn’t feel there was.

Doing club work gets me so damn fired up to play golf hahaha

Whatcha workin on big guy?

Darn.. Had a really nice range session then found out my grandfather was admitted to the ICU and his time is short. We are rushing the family up tomorrow morning to be with him and my grandmother. My head is spinning but fortunately I was up a few weekends ago watching golf and telling him about the Morgan Cup. If that's my last conversation with him then at least it was a good one and his favorite topic!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Darn.. Had a really nice range session then found out my grandfather was admitted to the ICU and his time is short. We are rushing the family up tomorrow morning to be with him and my grandmother. My head is spinning but fortunately I was up a few weekends ago watching golf and telling him about the Morgan Cup. If that's my last conversation with him then at least it was a good one and his favorite topic!!

i’m so sorry. prayers for your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The guy wearing a sleeveless Trailblazer shirt who stands and waves his arms in dismay at the ref’s call...in an 8th grade rec game.

The guy wearing a sleeveless Trailblazer shirt who stands and waves his arms in dismay at the ref’s call...in an 8th grade rec game.

That's just good parenting right? LOL

Sorry to hear! Prayers to him and your family.

Doing club work gets me so damn fired up to play golf hahaha

Tell me more!!!

Damn buddy, that’s tough positive thoughts to you and your GP.

I hope you told him about camping too! Haha

Off to Club Champion this morning with GolferGal and then to Tour Edge in the afternoon. Fun day planned with some cool stuff for THPers coming.

Hey @canadan

Damn buddy, that’s tough positive thoughts to you and your GP.

I hope you told him about camping too! Haha

Who do you think taught me? Lol!

I played three rounds today.

In 6 hours.

It’s summer!

I played three rounds today.

In 6 hours.

It’s summer!
@jman, was the course (or were the courses) soggy up there?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What a fun time at Tour Edge HQ today, hanging with the team, learning about future products. They are really on a nice streak and its nice to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back