The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Love Love the new THP Hats that just went up. Been wearing one for 5 straight days haha.
Got mine! Looks alot like the one I've got on my head now from another golf forum a LONG time ago. I'll give it a try. If it's as good as you let on, I'll be back for another for my Secret Santa package this year.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Wife just called to say the tornado sirens are going off at home. Asked if they should get in the shelter. I'll never understand women. At this point, I give up.

Pray for everyone out here in tornado alley.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This traveling for work lately has been rough on the diet! I'm currently sitting in my hotel room eating an Oreo Cake Batter shake from Sonic while watching The Office. I think I need to spend more time at home for a couple weeks.

This traveling for work lately has been rough on the diet! I'm currently sitting in my hotel room eating an Oreo Cake Batter shake from Sonic while watching The Office. I think I need to spend more time at home for a couple weeks.

I’m watching the office now as well. I love this show.

You have peace and quiet. You’re drinking a milkshake. Soak it all in man, you could always just pack workout clothes if you’re that worried about your diet!

You have peace and quiet. You’re drinking a milkshake. Soak it all in man, you could always just pack workout clothes if you’re that worried about your diet!

That's a valid point. Even more amazing is that my wife mowed the yard for only the second time since we've been married so I won't even have to deal with that when I get home! Life is good.

That's a valid point. Even more amazing is that my wife mowed the yard for only the second time since we've been married so I won't even have to deal with that when I get home! Life is good.
I don't think my wife knows how to start the mower or the snowblower.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I don't think my wife knows how to start the mower or the snowblower.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If there is ever a snowstorm while I'm out of town my wife is definitely calling in sick because she doesn't know how to use ours either. I couldn't believe she actually mowed.

I havent had nicotine in 6 years and broke that today. Part of me feels guilty but it made such a difference.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I havent had nicotine in 6 years and broke that today. Part of me feels guilty but it made such a difference.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Best I’ve ever done has 28 months, then a long drive home one day I said “self, a chew of Copenhagen sure would be good right now.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best I’ve ever done has 28 months, then a long drive home one day I said “self, a chew of Copenhagen sure would be good right now.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I chewed tobacco for about 15 years, a habit I picked up in The Marines. It was very difficult to break. I haven’t dipped in about 16 years but every now and then when I get in my car a craving will hit. Nicotine is a strong drug.

1/2 inch of rain in 15 minutes!!! Couldn't even see across the parking lot.

Yeah, it is pouring here again this morning. The courses have been swampy even on dry days. Been a rough spring for the course owners.

Have a two hour window before rain hits, enough to get in a round!

I chewed tobacco for about 15 years, a habit I picked up in The Marines. It was very difficult to break. I haven’t dipped in about 16 years but every now and then when I get in my car a craving will hit. Nicotine is a strong drug.

Yes that was a tough one to break!!!! Every now and then I really want to have one on a bad day. Semper Fi Brother.

I got an eye exam yesterday and I can't decide if I should get glasses. Doc said my eyes aren't terrible but I definitely have issues seeing things far away and I have an astigmatism in both my eyes. He made it seem like I really just need the glasses for driving, but he said while my eyes aren't terrible, I will appreciate the help of glasses, especially because of the astigmatism in both eyes. Do I give it a go and get them, and if so should I just get an Rx in sunglasses since it's mostly for driving? I am leaning towards just not getting them at all.

I got an eye exam yesterday and I can't decide if I should get glasses. Doc said my eyes aren't terrible but I definitely have issues seeing things far away and I have an astigmatism in both my eyes. He made it seem like I really just need the glasses for driving, but he said while my eyes aren't terrible, I will appreciate the help of glasses, especially because of the astigmatism in both eyes. Do I give it a go and get them, and if so should I just get an Rx in sunglasses since it's mostly for driving? I am leaning towards just not getting them at all.

I have a slight distance Rx in two pair of sunglasses. When I first went that way, I did it for driving purposes. Like you, my eyes aren't bad and the ones I wear during the day are mostly for reading/computer work. I would say the difference I saw was slight, but I actually enjoy having them.

I have a slight distance Rx in two pair of sunglasses. When I first went that way, I did it for driving purposes. Like you, my eyes aren't bad and the ones I wear during the day are mostly for reading/computer work. I would say the difference I saw was slight, but I actually enjoy having them.

That is basically what the doc said I would feel too, he said I will really appreciate having them. I am going to see if I can sniff out a deal somewhere, if I can, then I might consider them. Thanks for the input!

That is basically what the doc said I would feel too, he said I will really appreciate having them. I am going to see if I can sniff out a deal somewhere, if I can, then I might consider them. Thanks for the input!

I still remember the first day I wore them for a longer drive, it was when I drove down to the Cure event(about 2.5 hrs). At first I was like "damn this is freaking strange," but now I can't stand driving with glasses that don't have that Rx in them. I'll have to ask Jenn to see where she ordered some of her frames and Rx from. We have good eyecare through me, but she ordered several pair through a website to have as extras for a cheapish price.

I would get them, it make a world of difference. I have Rx sunglasses and they are great. I only have the single vision Rx in my sunglasses, (didn't need the bifocal part.)

Look online at some of the known places. I usually do that because without correction I am legally blind in my left eye with an astigmatism and need the ultrathin lenses and bluecoat/glare reduction because I look at a computer all day.

I used Zenni last time and they were perfect.
https://www.zennioptical.com/

WarbyParker and Eyebuydirect are 2 others I have heard good things about
https://www.warbyparker.com/
https://www.eyebuydirect.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back