The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got an eye exam yesterday and I can't decide if I should get glasses. Doc said my eyes aren't terrible but I definitely have issues seeing things far away and I have an astigmatism in both my eyes. He made it seem like I really just need the glasses for driving, but he said while my eyes aren't terrible, I will appreciate the help of glasses, especially because of the astigmatism in both eyes. Do I give it a go and get them, and if so should I just get an Rx in sunglasses since it's mostly for driving? I am leaning towards just not getting them at all.

I have astigmatism in both eyes as well but I can't see 2 feet in front of my face haha. The glasses will help you though for sure especially when driving. I personally hate wearing my glasses with the exception of at night when I'm home just watching tv. I always choose contacts over glasses and regular sunglasses vs wearing prescription sunglasses.

I got an eye exam yesterday and I can't decide if I should get glasses. Doc said my eyes aren't terrible but I definitely have issues seeing things far away and I have an astigmatism in both my eyes. He made it seem like I really just need the glasses for driving, but he said while my eyes aren't terrible, I will appreciate the help of glasses, especially because of the astigmatism in both eyes. Do I give it a go and get them, and if so should I just get an Rx in sunglasses since it's mostly for driving? I am leaning towards just not getting them at all.

If your astigmatism isn't too bad you can still do contacts also. The disposables have gotten better/cheaper and you won't have to worry about keeping track of Rx sunglasses.

3ba8a29e24589676797c260bf2189843.jpg

Not often I start laughing when scrolling through listing information, so this kinda made my morning.

The Official Banter Away Thread

Not often I start laughing when scrolling through listing information, so this kinda made my morning.

Wouldn’t be my first Choice, but if the rates came back Grade A and lean in terms of origination fee fat, then it may just make the cut.

I have ordered my last two replacement glasses from Lensabl and have been happy with the results. Mail away lenses can be hit or miss, but my last two with them have been great. I have also ordered the frames separately and just had them put the lenses in.

POW!

Catalina wine mixer

Wouldn’t be my first Choice, but if the rates came back Grade A and lean in terms of origination fee fat, then it may just make the cut.

Please see the highlighted seller’s name

Please see the highlighted seller’s name

Yeah I totally am missing it. And TIL that USDA actually makes loans, which to me makes no sense. I’ll take my internet -1 and move on....

Yeah I totally am missing it. And TIL that USDA actually makes loans, which to me makes no sense. I’ll take my internet -1 and move on....

Step brother reference. All you needed to see friend lol

Yes, they do. Particularly, they supply mortgages that are up to 100% financing with much less PMI. However, there are income limits as well as the property has to be in a ZIP Code that is eligible for it to be a financing option.

Yeah I found that out the first time I bought a house and researching loans. USDA does like rural loans or something never read much into it since I didn't fit the criteria but it was eye opening.

Step brother reference. All you needed to see friend lol

Yes, they do. Particularly, they supply mortgages that are up to 100% financing with much less PMI. However, there are income limits as well as the property has to be in a ZIP Code that is eligible for it to be a financing option.

Yeah I found that out the first time I bought a house and researching loans. USDA does like rural loans or something never read much into it since I didn't fit the criteria but it was eye opening.

Ahh, sorry I made you explain the joke. Now I have that same feeling as when I accidentally hit a long iron next to someone standing on an adjacent tee box.

I still cannot believe USDA gives loans. Very interesting.

Vacation starts in 2 days and I just completed all of my "gotta have done" work before the end of the week. Now no work craziness before we leave. Cant freaking wait for some relaxation with the family and some good golf.

That is basically what the doc said I would feel too, he said I will really appreciate having them. I am going to see if I can sniff out a deal somewhere, if I can, then I might consider them. Thanks for the input!

I got prescription sunglasses this year for the first time. I’m in a similar boat, glasses are just to help ease some eye strain.

I love mine, like a lot. Reks should be able to make them for you.

This sounds exactly like what my current situation is. I've been holding off, but we just got better vision insurance, and that gets me a set of glasses for $25 or so, so I'm going to go that route.

This sounds exactly like what my current situation is. I've been holding off, but we just got better vision insurance, and that gets me a set of glasses for $25 or so, so I'm going to go that route.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any vision insurance. I priced out a pair yesterday that came in around $230 for lens and frames. I think I might check out Costco this weekend.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any vision insurance. I priced out a pair yesterday that came in around $230 for lens and frames. I think I might check out Costco this weekend.

Warby might be your best bet then. That is where my wife and I are going to get our second pair. The one I got with insurance is actually more expensive lol

My dad got his glasses at Costco and they were cheaper than anywhere else he had looked for the same thing.

My dad got his glasses at Costco and they were cheaper than anywhere else he had looked for the same thing.

Of course, being from Costco, you'll have to get 12 pair. :banana:

I had the same thing and I was getting headaches every day. Got glasses and now without them I see how much my eyes were straining to focus everything, even just slightly. I definitely enjoy having them, but I also have to stare at a computer all day, which this helps immensely for.

Warby Parker. $99 for frames and lenses, and they are just as good. I have a pair of Oakley’s and Tom Fords, and I wear my Warby Parker’s more.

Allergies can kiss my arse.

I’m the only one in the house that the cedar isn’t obliterating.

But that cedar smell though

Hahaha, when chopped down, yes.

Really though they’re the weeds of the tree world.

Allergies can kiss my arse.

I’m the only one in the house that the cedar isn’t obliterating.
Been 3 months dealing with this crap, done and done

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back