Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my psychotic little Bostons...Those bricks were in a stack elsewhere in my yard to be used for a sidewalk, but the dog on the left thinks their his personal chew toys and piles them up at my back door.

Haha, thats crazy.

Busterbeforeandafter.jpg

This is one of the 3 cats I rescued from our local golf course. I named him Buster after my late father because he showed up on Father's Day. I love this cat!!! He was so pitiful when he showed up on our deck at the course (left picture). He was covered in ticks and very thin. He was scary looking but the sweetest cat in the world. He let me bathe him and purred all the way through it. He was so happy to finally find someone to take care of him. I resisted bringing him home for several months because I had already rescued two others and "Gray" was not interested in bringing home another one.

He would sit in the old cedar tree next to our ninth hole and watch folks as they came in. He would always climb down and run over to me when I was putting on that hole. One day Gray was on the 9th hole and Buster spotted him from far away and ran to him. He loved all over him. That night Gray told me "I think I might just let you bring Buster home". Of course, I immediately ran to the course and called for him. It was dark and he came running from a shed across the 9th fairway. Now he has a loving and safe home and is my baby.

A great story Kelly, kind of similar to how I got cats in my life. A wierd story indeed, but a bit long to go into here. I'll share it with you in Florida if you are interested ( or anyone else for that matter )

Nice pics Kelly, my cat was rescued as well, and in just as bad shape. We were afraid she was going to die right there when we brung her in, but we wrapped her in a blanket and gave her lots of nice warm milk. 13-14 years later and shes still going strong.

Not real good at attaching pictures, but myself and a friend have a kennel we run of blue pits. We mainly bred blues but we're going to start with brennels when I get to go home on leave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol. Dont you all just want to set up a video camera just to see how they do it????? I've never caught my boxers getting into the trash but I can only imagine the amount of chaos.
Here's my psychotic little Bostons...Those bricks were in a stack elsewhere in my yard to be used for a sidewalk, but the dog on the left thinks their his personal chew toys and piles them up at my back door.

that is hilarious with the bricks. my german shepherd used to do the same thing with rocks

2193913190027173662S425x425Q85.jpg

This is Missy, my 12 1/2 year old collie mix that I adopted from a local rescue foundation when she was a puppy. Wonderful dog!! She has severe arthritis and an enlarged heart so it costs me a good chunk every month to keep her going but she is worth every cent.

Lol. Dont you all just want to set up a video camera just to see how they do it????? I've never caught my boxers getting into the trash but I can only imagine the amount of chaos.

I actually did that once with my black lab. he would always get into the trash when I wasn't home. So I set up the camcorder one day, left and drove around the block. He went to the window, watched my car until it was out of sight, waited a few moments and then immediately went for the trash can.

J, those are some excellent looking bostons. We need to see some action pics of your brick layers! That's too funny. If only they could make the sidewalk for you.

2642774810027173662S200x200Q85.jpg
Bonnie & Clyde - two other cats I rescued from the golf course. They were living under the clubhouse for months and eating out the dumpster, killing rats/birds, whatever. Unfortunately Bonnie was pregnant and had 4 kittens under the clubhouse. Clyde was too wild to rescue so I just started feeding them every day for several months. After the kittens were born, I had a time getting close to them at first but was finally able to tame them enough to get them adopted. By then, Clyde had started trusting me and letting me pet him a little. I researched rescuing semi-feral cats and had my brother-in-law build a large pen in my garage for them. I had to trap Clyde and keep him in a pen for 3 weeks until he got used to his new location. I went through a lot for these two cats! I've had them now for almost two years. Since working at the course, we've had 13 cats rescued, 3 to me, 2 still living at the course, and 8 adopted! I have personally paid to have 4 cats neutered/spayed so we wouldn't have a cat problem there. I need to quit working there just so I can get away from the cats. :)

Here's a picture of "CC" the cross-eyed cat who was one of Bonnie & Clyde's kittens. She lives at the course and is very spoiled.
2383622610027173662S425x425Q85.jpg

2122355410027173662S200x200Q85.jpg
Bonnie now living indoors most of the time. Clyde lives happily under our deck or in the bushes.

Oh I've definitely caught him in action. He has no shame. Its funny because he wont play with toys we buy him, but he hauls around bricks, 2x4's, river rocks and all of my stuff all over. I have to keep a fence around my grass during overseeding because he tears it up so much. I once left a sledgehammer outside and caught both of them playing with it, the fat one was standing on the hammer and the crazy one was pushing it in circles until it dug a hole in my yard...like I said...their psychos :) but we love em.

16945_103525273008214_100000522260164_98175_6315364_n.jpg

that pic is awesome!! haha, caught in the act!

only gray and kellybo would have a cross-eyed cat, haha!!

finally a picture of ole gray golf!

2383622610027173662S425x425Q85.jpg

I'll have to post some pics of my dog and cat. both rescue animals.

Thanks JL, that video is awesome. I know I'd just stand there and watch them for hours!

Kelly,

You must have the worlds largest heart, and Gray the most patient, lol. I loved the story of Buster and had to post before reading any more. Great stuff from great people.

Here's my dog Sara. She's a blue sheltie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good looking pets everyone! These are good threads.

Here's my dog Sara. She's a blue sheltie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love shelties, never had one myself, but my next door neighbor has two and they are the best dogs. Thanks for the pic's.

JL thats one of the funniest dog videos Ive seen. Freakin hilarious! You're right, they're crazy lol but you gotta love it. Love how he just picked it up and ran at the end LMAO

Can't wait to hear the story Rhino!

A great story Kelly, kind of similar to how I got cats in my life. A wierd story indeed, but a bit long to go into here. I'll share it with you in Florida if you are interested ( or anyone else for that matter )

2579865010027173662S425x425Q85.jpg

and last but definitely not least, my sweet 11 year old Molly cat who loves ole Gray to pieces.

I really enjoyed reading through this thread today. Beautiful pets and all are lucky to have such wonderful people caring for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back