Cobra KING F8 and F8+ Driver

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
With all the tech packed in them, these sound like they want to hit the ball hard, fast and far!

LOVE the looks of the new face, very very cool looking. If they increased performance over the F7+ driver then I'm very intrigued. No experience with the Connect system but sounds pretty neat through the bag. No experience with the stock shafts so will definitely need a proper fitting.

I need to hit the driver - probably go with the F8 as I need more height on my shots- color scheme and milled face looks fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not so keen on the looks of the F8 vs the F7, but the tech sounds incredibly forgiving. This is definitely on the "must try" list.

Cobra KING F8 and F8+ Driver

I need to hit this F8 driver! I love the look of the milled face and the Aero technology actually looks very good on the crown. I'm really curious what the combination of those two additions equates to in performance. I'm really curious what the sound is like with that milled face.

Arccos in the entire line is incredible value added.

but where have I seen that crown design before :comp::dont-know:

A test between the F7 and F8 will be happening!! That milled face looks amazing! It’s crazy how much tech they are packing into this driver at only $400!!

I find it interesting that the Speed Channel is back on the outside of the face, but with no labelling

Interesting. Looking forward to January to see these in person. Lots of tech wrapped up in this release.

I had the F8+ in the bag for 18 holes yesterday and I hit it 13 times. It was set to 10.5* with 2g in back and 12g in front for 6 driving holes. 10.5* with 12g in back and 2g in front for the last 7 driving holes.

As you can imagine the ball was coming off low with 12g in front. This played great in the windy conditions. But I needed to see if I could launch it higher and really take advantage of the loft. The difference was shocking. My first swing with 12g in the back was a nice high arcing cut down the middle.

I had two loose swings that results in my typical high right miss but instead of being out of play I was just left with challenging 2nd shots. You can thank the milled face for the ball staying on the planet.

The Nutro aka gray finish with polymer disruptors on the crown is really a very nice look. The Black, to me, made the head look smaller more compact. Both offering are a great look. As was mentioned in the review, the stock shaft options are the real deal Holyfield. And there are also 13 other shafts you can choose from. All will come with Cobra Connect and your choice of 8 grips at this time and 80% of the grips on the market later next year.

In my opinion the F8 is a big improvement on the F7 from all standpoints.

Cobra has not moved the needle AT ALL for me since the Tour Trusty wedge. That changed with the F8 line up. Holy smokes, this driver looks awesome and there is sooooo much tech behind it. I need to re-do the top of my bag and these absolutely will be on the short list to hit!

I had the F8+ in the bag for 18 holes yesterday and I hit it 13 times. It was set to 10.5* with 2g in back and 12g in front for 6 driving holes. 10.5* with 12g in back and 2g in front for the last 7 driving holes.

As you can imagine the ball was coming off low with 12g in front. This played great in the windy conditions. But I needed to see if I could launch it higher and really take advantage of the loft. The difference was shocking. My first swing with 12g in the back was a nice high arcing cut down the middle.

I had two loose swings that results in my typical high right miss but instead of being out of play I was just left with challenging 2nd shots. You can thank the milled face for the ball staying on the planet.

The Nutro aka gray finish with polymer disruptors on the crown is really a very nice look. The Black, to me, made the head look smaller more compact. Both offering are a great look. As was mentioned in the review, the stock shaft options are the real deal Holyfield. And there are also 13 other shafts you can choose from. All will come with Cobra Connect and your choice of 8 grips at this time and 80% of the grips on the market later next year.

In my opinion the F8 is a big improvement on the F7 from all standpoints.

Great feedback! How did shots feel across the face? For someone that doesn’t hit the center of the face nearly enough, is there risk of hitting outside of the Milled portion?

That mulled face is freaking cool! The aerodynamic crown, all the weight savings and placement, and the milled face is a really good tech package! Plus you still get the Cobra Connect which is a nice tool.

Some may not like the crown, but I really don't mind it at all. It sounds like it serves a purpose and I think it's gonna frame the ball really well!. I'd like to see the black vs. silver in hand to get a better look though.

Crown looks like wings like the ball wants to take flight and that face is interesting. I definitely want to hit it! Is the shaft blacked out also?

I took a few videos yesterday

With the "MyFly8 with Smart Pad", I assume the F7 shafts wont fit?

I love what Cobra is doing this year. I want to hit these clubs and I can’t say that for most manufacturers. Also the cobra connect in irons now is awesome!

Man those look fantastic. Love the milling on the driver, and the sound it made when Bryson tagged it? That is strong.

While I'm very excited to try out the driver, gotta say I'm very intrigued with the OL hybrid.

Very cool to hear Rickie talk about the CNC milled face and possible advantages in the rain

I have 5 min video I’m going to post. He breaks it down

Back