2019 PING G410 Drivers

Well then might as well include the shaft in there too.
another good idea that is somewhat obvious. swingweight is included in specifications, why not actual weights? shaft weight is sometimes included, but is that raw uncut weight or cut weight? who knows! no standards

I’m confused. Since when is ping making their own shafts ? I always though Aldila made the Alta shaft but in a discussion last week with my fitter he said UST makes them.

Also ever since the G25/Anser you always have to include the adapter with the head to meet the head weight specs posted on their site. Ping std heads always measure about 200g plus 5/6 for the adapter. The LST is always a couple grams more, the SFT a few grams less.

I took a few swings with this and it was surprisingly good. Flipped it over and saw 55g shaft and was dumbfounded. This club deserves a hard look. I can't wait for the ls tec

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I took a few swings with this and it was surprisingly good. Flipped it over and saw 55g shaft and was dumbfounded. This club deserves a hard look. I can't wait for the ls tec

Definitely a solid stick. I’ve hit the F9, Flash, HL3, EXS, M5, M6, Cortex, Launcher and the new Srixon and the 410 has put up the highest ball speed so far.

Not all companies measure it that way though.

I’m not sure about every company but I’ve called Callaway and TM several times to get head weight specs. Usually they will say around 200-203g. Once I got my hands on the heads and did my measuring the specs they gave me always included the head plus adapter.

Cally heads usually come in at 193g (notoriously light because of their heavy adapter 9-10g with the ferrule) to get to the 200-203 mark. TM heads usually are 193/194 for the M2/M4/M6 series and 196 for the M1/M3/M5. Plus the 6-7g adapter gets you to the 200-203 mark.

At the end of the day most oems use the same overall build length of 45.5 or so. So the heads all have to be around 200 ish to get a normal build swing weight Of D2/D3. The one recent outlier was the Cortex which had a heavier head plus adapter making it more like a D5-D7.

As for Ping. I think it’s refreshing they actually publish the head weights on their site. Only they and PXG I believe do this.

Yes, and I guess its not accounted for when discussing shaft weight. Great, chalk up another no industry standard for analyzation of clubs.

Not to go too far off topic, but I was checking shaft frequency, which for G400 was all over the freaking map, but a bit better here with the 410. The amount of places that use a 7" vs 5" is like 60/40. So that gives to completely different numbers, but fortunately they end up in a similar spot. The G400 stock shaft was so wildly different shaft to shaft that it made my head hurt. The G410 seems to have reigned that in a bit, fortunately.

Good to see Ping cleaning up there house brand shaft. Even though they pride themselves on quality I have to think a stock shaft that costs the oem a buck or two a piece is always going to suffer QC issues. Heck even Callaway had their challenges with the oem stock shafts like the Rip’d NV and Prioject X (white one) with CPM readings all over the map as well as X flex’s measuring more like an L and vice versa.

Guess if people are worried about the Alta there is always the UST made Tour staft, the Tensei Orange and Even Flow Black which are no cost options.

Definitely a solid stick. I’ve hit the F9, Flash, HL3, EXS, M5, M6, Cortex, Launcher and the new Srixon and the 410 has put up the highest ball speed so far.
The sound/feel was much improved over their old stuff too (g400 excluded)

The sound/feel was much improved over their old stuff too (g400 excluded)

Im not a big sound guy but it was pleasant.
Ping drivers always tend to fall shut face wise for me. I usually have to put them in the large minus to get them to look right. But The 410 seemed to sit dead neutral to my eye in neutral setting.

Im not a big sound guy but it was pleasant.
Ping drivers always tend to fall shut face wise for me. I usually have to put them in the large minus to get them to look right. But The 410 seemed to sit dead neutral to my eye in neutral setting.
Yeah I agree it sat nice and square

I hit the Ping 410 in a 10.5, spin was low, 1700 ish in Alta CB 55 R, at 92 mph; gained 2 mph in ballspeed (edit) over G400. This was after an hour long lesson. Bushed.

I thought sound is not as good as G400, but feel off the face was slightly more explosive, less twisting, better looking than G400, and I gained some yards. And that is before it is fit to me...

Last edited:
I hit the Ping 410 in a 10.5, spin was low, 1700 ish in Alta CB 55 R, at 92 mph; gained 2 mph over G400. This was after an hour long lesson. Bushed.

I thought sound is not as good as G400, but feel off the face was slightly more explosive, less twisting, better looking than G400, and I gained some yards. And that is before it is fit to me...

That is really really low spin.

That is really really low spin.

Yes, I thought something was wrong with Trackman ... lol. It might have been the cold weather? I usually get 2300-2500 from the G400 Max or G400 at 9 of loft. Ball still launched high.

FWIW - my G400 was also low spin yesterday - but about 300 rpm higher than 410. Jon (a TPTGolf advisor) thought this might be a lower spinning head than G400. I will try it again on Sunday. He says that the club cannot leave his facility. They start selling around March 7.

Of course, this was after a one hr lesson hitting a lot of balls trying to get my club path -4, so when I sped up it would be 0-2. I've also got to release the darn club.

Will get more reliable data next week. Something might be going on here. So will take it like a grain of salt until I get on Trackman next Sunday.

I hit the Ping 410 in a 10.5, spin was low, 1700 ish in Alta CB 55 R, at 92 mph; gained 2 mph over G400. This was after an hour long lesson. Bushed.

2MPH gain is really solid!

Yes, I thought something was wrong with Trackman ... lol. It might have been the cold weather? I usually get 2300-2500 from the G400 Max or G400 at 9 of loft. Ball still launched high.

FWIW - my G400 was also low spin yesterday - but about 300 rpm higher than 410. Jon (a TPTGolf advisor) thought this might be a lower spinning head than G400. I will try it again on Sunday. He says that the club cannot leave his facility. They start selling around March 7.

Of course, this was after a one hr lesson hitting a lot of balls trying to get my club path -4, so when I sped up it would be 0-2. I've also got to release the darn club.

Will get more reliable data next week. Something might be going on here. So will take it like a grain of salt until I get on Trackman next Sunday.

you were trying to hit balls with a -4 path and still seeing sub 2k spin? that seems pretty low, and somewhat of a departure from what i came to expect out of the g400 lineup.

you were trying to hit balls with a -4 path and still seeing sub 2k spin? that seems pretty low, and somewhat of a departure from what i came to expect out of the g400 lineup.

The -4 during the lesson was for irons for exaggeration. I can easily have a 5-8 in to out path. We are attempting to decrease that path in irons where it is not above +3-4.

He has me go back to the draw swing for driver, i.e. the +4 type swing. I'll get better data next week. In the morning, I am in a hurry to post before coffee. Will be more careful in future.

I thought something was wrong because I typically have 2350-2500 in backspin and 16 launch in a 9 deg head in G400 with TPT Shaft. In the 410, it was an Alta CB 55 R flex, and it seemed more active (with good feel) at the tip, at 45.75 in (Ping stock length) - spin was sub 2k and launch was 18 with 10.5 loft.

I was pretty gassed when I hit it -- looking forward to hitting it again after honing the swing changes on the range.

Last edited:
I hit the Ping 410 in a 10.5, spin was low, 1700 ish in Alta CB 55 R, at 92 mph; gained 2 mph in ballspeed (edit) over G400. This was after an hour long lesson. Bushed.

Thanks for sharing

I hit the 410 last week with my meager 90 mph swing

12* / Tensei Orange R / weight and loft neutral.
129.5 ball speed
13.9 launch
1960 back spin
446 side spin
Carry 209
Total 220

Also the 10.5 / Alta R / weight and loft neutral
128.0 ball
14.0 launch
1941 backspin
160 side spin
209 carry
238 total.

Next time I’m going to try the 12* head with the Alta shaft.

The fitter loved the numbers the 10.5 combo put out but I had some ultra low spin (1500’s) that went nowhere but low and left. That is my main miss so usually higher loft helps mitigate that.

I felt like I hit the 12* better. So this is why I prefer to see actual ball flight before committing to anything.

Thanks for sharing

I hit the 410 last week with my meager 90 mph swing

12* / Tensei Orange R / weight and loft neutral.
129.5 ball speed
13.9 launch
1960 back spin
446 side spin
Carry 209
Total 220

Also the 10.5 / Alta R / weight and loft neutral
128.0 ball
14.0 launch
1941 backspin
160 side spin
209 carry
238 total.

Next time I’m going to try the 12* head with the Alta shaft.

The fitter loved the numbers the 10.5 combo put out but I had some ultra low spin (1500’s) that went nowhere but low and left. That is my main miss so usually higher loft helps mitigate that.

I felt like I hit the 12* better. So this is why I prefer to see actual ball flight before committing to anything.

Thanks. At least that is telling us it is a low spin head -- I'd think with our swing speed that 2350-2500 would add to carry. I can get launch up but my AOA is fairly high and that lowers spin. I was hitting when gassed and my instructor was packing to get out of town - I checked it out to obtain some general impressions - feel, sound, look at address. Will spend more time with it in March after taking time to ingrain new lessons.

For those not following the Range Days thread, here is a look at what is coming in Episode #1.

i-XG2fCMh-X2.jpg

For those not following the Range Days thread, here is a look at what is coming in Episode #1.

i-XG2fCMh-X2.jpg

This should be a good one.

i-XG2fCMh-X2.jpg

400 LST or Standard 400 being tested ?

Watched a video review of the 410+ vs the G400 lst and seeing the results (and hearing the improved sound) has me excited to try this line out at some point.[/QUOTE

Interesting Mike - I think the G400 was the best sounding head i have heard in a looong time. Funny how 2 people can see it 2 totally different ways!

Last edited:
Back