The Official Tiger Woods Thread

5 wood into the green on 3... Can that possibly be correct?

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

Sand Wedge, SW

Lol. On phone. My bad.

I did a double take on it yesterday myself when on my phone.

5 wood into the green on 3... Can that possibly be correct?

n/m I see the correction now.

Interesting infographic from Golf Digest comparing the club selection Tiger used to approach the greens in the final rounds of the 1997 & 2019 Master's.

tigers-clubs-4.jpg
That's crazy but also making so much sense too. consistently/typically 2 club difference.

Has his swing speed dropped off a ton? I believe I saw he wasn't sending every shot at 110%, so that decreased ss needs to be compensated for by clubbing up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That's crazy but also making so much sense too. consistently/typically 2 club difference.

Has his swing speed dropped off a ton? I believe I saw he wasn't sending every shot at 110%, so that decreased ss needs to be compensated for by clubbing up.

Actually, I read that his swing speed is very close to what it was when he was in his prime. Look at the yardage differences from 1997 to now. They're "yuge".

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The course is also 550 yards longer.

Interesting infographic from Golf Digest comparing the club selection Tiger used to approach the greens in the final rounds of the 1997 & 2019 Master's.

tigers-clubs-4.jpg
Did they really shorten #3?

I lost count how many times I’ve watched this. Over/Under set at 20. Over.

[video=youtube_share;pE-aOBGN8UM]https://youtu.be/pE-aOBGN8UM[/video]

Every time I get around someone who follows golf, Tiger is one of the top three conversations.

I love it.

Tee boxes maybe? Dunno.
I guess. That makes the most sense. I guess our just happened that way.

The chart is interesting. Obviously, the course is longer, he’s older and, I think, ondirions were cooler / wetter than his first W. Back then Tiger was so dominant, it was ridiculous. He’s still capable of winning more but it has to happen differently.

The chart is interesting. Obviously, the course is longer, he’s older and, I think, ondirions were cooler / wetter than his first W. Back then Tiger was so dominant, it was ridiculous. He’s still capable of winning more but it has to happen differently.
How so? Differently from 2019?

Also, the loft of the clubs has changed, a 6 iron in 1997 had the same loft as a 7 iron today.

Love that Tiger is back but the back and forth in this thread can give one a massive headache. Grand Slam isn’t just a breakfast served at Denny’s (are they still
Open) I think we could see it this year!!

Just ordered...
14460fa87f0472ea47714feb71ed75c9.jpg

Watching these Tiger Fist pump highlights and all I can think of is how young he looks in most of them!

8acf1978806b0fe261022c30958ccb0e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As the host airport for the US Open, just had another meeting with one of the USGA guys. I asked if there had been an increase in ticket sales since the Masters. He told me ticket sales have been steady for months. After the Masters however, there was a sizable spike in ticket sales. It would appear the Tiger effect is still strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Slam isn’t just a breakfast served at Denny’s (are they still
Open) I think we could see it this year!!

This is the funniest thing I've read on here in a while.

There was an article yesterday about his OWGR. The minimum denominator on that ranking is 40 events and he has only played 26 so his numerator is for 26 events and his denominator is 40. He is the only person in the top 10 for who this is true and if you changed his denominator to 26 he would be clear of DJ at #1 by 2 points. Also every point he earns for the next 14 events goes in his numerator with no denominator increase. For those less versed in math and the OWGR this means it is basically only a matter of months before he sets at #1.

There was an article yesterday about his OWGR. The minimum denominator on that ranking is 40 events and he has only played 26 so his numerator is for 26 events and his denominator is 40. He is the only person in the top 10 for who this is true and if you changed his denominator to 26 he would be clear of DJ at #1 by 2 points. Also every point he earns for the next 14 events goes in his numerator with no denominator increase. For those less versed in math and the OWGR this means it is basically only a matter of months before he sets at #1.

Will he play 14 more events this year?

Back