The Official Tiger Woods Thread

I've had these Golf World magazines since they were issued. Might be worth something some day.

4%2024%2019%20Tiger%20a_zpspymzump6.jpg

4%2024%2019%20Tiger%20b_zpsrb3r0zic.jpg
Please tell me you didn't cut off the address section.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OGputtnfool, no I didn't, just covered the addresses with a piece of paper.

He should pull out the straw hat for the US Open this year.

So, I'm watching Tiger's final round from the Masters. On hole #3, as Tiger's preparing to hit his 2nd shot on #3, the announcer says, "Its only 125 yards, so this'll be a SW or GW."

Am I crazy or is the announcer? Does Tiger carry a GW? I didn't think he did.

So, I'm watching Tiger's final round from the Masters. On hole #3, as Tiger's preparing to hit his 2nd shot on #3, the announcer says, "Its only 125 yards, so this'll be a SW or GW."

Am I crazy or is the announcer? Does Tiger carry a GW? I didn't think he did.

Nope. Just plays a weaker PW and then goes straight to 56. Guess he’s good at distance control. PSSSH.

Nope. Just plays a weaker PW and then goes straight to 56. Guess he’s good at distance control. PSSSH.
That's what I thought, but thought maybe the "new" Tiger had changed his set makeup.

I found his WITB after I posted and confirmed it.

The Official Tiger Woods Thread

question for some of the more seasoned members around here.

when jack won the 86 masters, did it inspire kids?

i was on the practice putting green yesterday, and a dad had his son with him. the kid was probably 4 or 5. the first putt the kid made, he threw his arms in the air and yelled “i’m tiger woods!”

i found it amazing that he is still so influential even to a brand new generation of golfer. i wouldn’t think jack had that kind of staying power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jack’s victory in 1986 did not inspire many kids. Much different time back then......golf was not cool. Kids didn’t take notice of golf until Tiger turned pro in the late 1990’s.

I've had these Golf World magazines since they were issued. Might be worth something some day.

4%2024%2019%20Tiger%20a_zpspymzump6.jpg

4%2024%2019%20Tiger%20b_zpsrb3r0zic.jpg

These are great. Nice keep!

Reminds me of a story from an old friend of mine who owned a moving company: A older man was moving out of his house and had hired my friend's company (small outfit) to pack and move. In the attic there was a collection of well over 1000 old magazines that the man had instructed them to toss. My friend asked if he could keep them, and the man obliged. Over the next year, my friend catalogued them, and sold them one by one on ebay - He made an absolute killing. I had no idea things like that were worth so much!

Giving away a Tiger Woods autograph on the home page right now.

This has caused quite the twitter buzz that Tiger may be hurt. I'm not buying. GolfTV also tweeted video clips of him swinging quite freely and going at a Peloton type bike pretty vigorously that were tweeted after this video was.

Hurt? He looked fine to me.

This has caused quite the twitter buzz that Tiger may be hurt. I'm not buying. GolfTV also tweeted video clips of him swinging quite freely and going at a Peloton type bike pretty vigorously that were tweeted after this video was.

Ha, yeah, I saw that, and it's exactly how I walk post-leg day, so I assume he's fine.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ha, yeah, I saw that, and it's exactly how I walk post-leg day, so I assume he's fine.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I've had a lumbar fusion at the same level he did. I'm not in to weight lifting, but that's similar to how I walk after being in a car for a good while or when I've been sitting for some significant period of time.

8fe3ee97b37ff9fbd44a4b2e7ea5f77e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8fe3ee97b37ff9fbd44a4b2e7ea5f77e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Based on Phil's play in events tiger has been in lately he may agree with Rory's assessment

Had a little limp in his step. I like to think of it as swagger.
Maybe he tweaked his ankle when he was stompin' all over the competition at The Masters.

Maybe he tweaked his ankle when he was stompin' all over the competition at The Masters.

That is a perfectly logical explanation.

Reactions to this will be fun to watch...

Tiger Woods will visit the White House on Monday to attend a ceremony hosted by President Trump, according to published reports.

With all the injuries/surgeries he's been through, I'd be more surprised if the DIDN'T limp somewhat. That stuff takes a toll.

I’m glad he got the medal, he’s far from perfect but he’s come back from an ugly place.

Some salty people in the comments section already, but none can approach that lout Rick Reilly.

Remember when he mattered? Oh wait...
People complain about Chamblee, this guy makes Chamblee look like Edison.

Back