What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
84, 9 over and 4 over, Mr inconsistant ... didn't really matter as it was match play and I won 2 up.

filled in for a friend in his golf league tonight. Had a strange round. I hit the ball great off the tee, perhaps the best I have all season(except for 1). On that 1 it is a long par 5 with OB right and left and a narrow fairway. I had a little fade and the wind just gobbled it up. The ball ended up just inside the OB marker which left me a punch out shot. Only problem was, it was under a bush so I took a whack at it with a 3 wood and advanced it about 20 yards. My next shot I had to try to hook one around a tree which didn't happen and it ended up in the water. Took a drop and hit it just left of the green in some thick rough but I was able to get up and down for 7.

I ended up shooting +7 with 5 pars. I took 3 doubles and a lone bogey. It sure was interesting. I putted well with no 3 putts, however I wasn't hitting the ball hard enough on the first putts for the most part. I was leaving myself 3-4 footers(luckily I made them all). After starting off Par-Double-Par-Double-Double, I went Par-Par-Par-Bogey. I was actually pretty pleased that I followed up 3 doubles in 4 holes with 3 pars in a row.

filled in for a friend in his golf league tonight. Had a strange round. I hit the ball great off the tee, perhaps the best I have all season(except for 1). On that 1 it is a long par 5 with OB right and left and a narrow fairway. I had a little fade and the wind just gobbled it up. The ball ended up just inside the OB marker which left me a punch out shot. Only problem was, it was under a bush so I took a whack at it with a 3 wood and advanced it about 20 yards. My next shot I had to try to hook one around a tree which didn't happen and it ended up in the water. Took a drop and hit it just left of the green in some thick rough but I was able to get up and down for 7.

I ended up shooting +7 with 5 pars. I took 3 doubles and a lone bogey. It sure was interesting. I putted well with no 3 putts, however I wasn't hitting the ball hard enough on the first putts for the most part. I was leaving myself 3-4 footers(luckily I made them all). After starting off Par-Double-Par-Double-Double, I went Par-Par-Par-Bogey. I was actually pretty pleased that I followed up 3 doubles in 4 holes with 3 pars in a row.
Happy to hear the flat stick is working and saving you ddec!

Just shot the best round since I started playing again,

41 / 38 for a 79. Well pleased with how I played, had 3 three putts but they were from miles away

I just played within myself and tried to play percentage golf all the time

47/39/43
played 27
the first 9 holes were craptastic
i didnt see the right side of the course at all thanks to a mean hook off the tee and with the long clubs
managed to duff myself under a lil bit of control by the first turn even tho the hook turned into a big draw
i dont know what the heck was going on but everything was just a lil bit off
couldnt dial anything down
i did have 3 ultra pure shots tho
1 was a big drive
1 was a chip in with a 60*
and another was an 8i i layed up with that was perfect
putting just plain sucked

Played a local muni track that just reopened under new (BETTER) ownership. $15 to walk 18!
Par 71 (6559, 71.3/119)

Shot a 43/40
2 birdies (that NEVER happens), 5 pars, 8 bogies, 3 doubles.
5 Fairways, 5 greens, 31 putts (2 three putts). 3 penalty shots (gross).

The course was in the best condition I have ever seen it, aside from very fuzzy/slow greens. I fought my driver the whole day as witnessed by 5 FIR- one of which was actually a ricochet off of a tree and back onto the fairway. I drove the ball VERY well this weekend but it was just ugly today. Ball striking today was unbelievable. I didn't have a lot of chances for GIR because of my driving- but I hit the green 7/9 times I had an iron in my hand, including hitting 2 of 4 par 3's. I was close to the pin on a lot of approaches and had a few REALLY nice saves.

Biggest achievement: Hitting my irons well and leaving myself with runs at one putts. 2 birdies on the back nine didn't hurt things either
Biggest frustration: I lost 3 balls in "plain sight"- area's that I should have been able to find the ball and I get up there it was gone. Some were the result of bad drives and other the ball simply disappeared.

I can't help but think that if I had actually kept the ball in the fairway (and not lost those *#$#&#% balls) I would have finally broken 80. I feel like I wasted a potentially great round.

For 9 holes, 46. Terrible, I know

shot a 44 in league play tonight. the greens that have not gotten much sun were super slow while others were fast, so it was pretty hard to judge speed on most putts.

Played gold tees today and shot 89 (46,43). Seems that when I start hitting my irons well, my fairway woods and driver fail and vice versa. I'm realizing why though and hoping it will all come together soon.

Played gold tees today and shot 89 (46,43). Seems that when I start hitting my irons well, my fairway woods and driver fail and vice versa. I'm realizing why though and hoping it will all come together soon.

If you do have the answer- will you share it with me? I need some major help!

I don't know Gus, 83 is a good score, and KellyBo, sounds like the game is coming together for the outing, I'm sure it will be good in Florida.

For me it is the width of my backswing and when I start coming up on my takeaway. If I drag the club a little longer back with my driver and fairway woods I hit the ball so much better because I have a bigger extension. If I get too quick to raise the club, I tend to hit down and cause the ball to go too high with my driver and woods. Just the opposite with my irons!

101 :beat-up:

Played a local muni track that just reopened under new (BETTER) ownership. $15 to walk 18!
Par 71 (6559, 71.3/119)

Shot a 43/40
2 birdies (that NEVER happens), 5 pars, 8 bogies, 3 doubles.
5 Fairways, 5 greens, 31 putts (2 three putts). 3 penalty shots (gross).

The course was in the best condition I have ever seen it, aside from very fuzzy/slow greens. I fought my driver the whole day as witnessed by 5 FIR- one of which was actually a ricochet off of a tree and back onto the fairway. I drove the ball VERY well this weekend but it was just ugly today. Ball striking today was unbelievable. I didn't have a lot of chances for GIR because of my driving- but I hit the green 7/9 times I had an iron in my hand, including hitting 2 of 4 par 3's. I was close to the pin on a lot of approaches and had a few REALLY nice saves.

Biggest achievement: Hitting my irons well and leaving myself with runs at one putts. 2 birdies on the back nine didn't hurt things either
Biggest frustration: I lost 3 balls in "plain sight"- area's that I should have been able to find the ball and I get up there it was gone. Some were the result of bad drives and other the ball simply disappeared.

I can't help but think that if I had actually kept the ball in the fairway (and not lost those *#$#&#% balls) I would have finally broken 80. I feel like I wasted a potentially great round.

Great round Gus. I'm starting to get some confidence brother!!

For me it is the width of my backswing and when I start coming up on my takeaway. If I drag the club a little longer back with my driver and fairway woods I hit the ball so much better because I have a bigger extension. If I get too quick to raise the club, I tend to hit down and cause the ball to go too high with my driver and woods. Just the opposite with my irons!

KB the game seems like it's coming together. Can't wait to hoist the imaginary 2nd round trophy!

Hahah! Yep!

Yours too Thainer. You are the lead horse on our team so we expect bombs off the tee and laser like iron shots!!

hahaha, hole #9 is a short, narrow Par 4. We had a couple of tee shots in great shape so I thought I'd be super aggressive with the driver. The hole plays about 330 off the tee and there's a house just to the right of the green, you know with a porch looking out over the golf course. I decided to hit one at the house and let my ball cut a little bit. Well, it hit a dead straight rocket, right at the house. The ball never moved, then we heard this huge crashing sound. When we got up there, I hit my ball right through the sliding glass door. On the fly, right through the door. It looked like someone shot the door with a shotgun. ooops!

oh crap!! ive had balls tracking to houses... one of the guys i met at the course was really nice... were chatting over a beer post-round... he says you didnt hit my house did you? i laughed said no! which ones yours... he said first hole, first house, left. I have hooked a few into his yard since then. awfully close house!

snuck in 18 last night in just about 3 hours with my dad. It was the tale of two 9's for me yesterday. Started off terribly with a 48 on the front, couldnt hit anything correctly. Managed to scrape together a decent par on the 9th hole which really kick started my back 9. Managed to par 10-15 before ending up with double, single, triple on the last 3 holes. Went OB on 16 and 18. Not a great finish but i'll take that 42. All and all, a rollercoaster 90. Really encouraged by the 9-15 hole stretch of pars, and definitely could have saved a few more had it not been for the greens still recovering from aeration a few weeks ago.

Looking forward to my lesson tomorrow to straighten some more things out, like my tee shots.

Well I didn't actually play a round today, but I went to the range and had probably the best range day of my life. I have been working on some drills to correct the hook i've been having with my long irons and I think they worked. My ball striking has always been good but I always just hooked the long ones for some reason. I am super stoles to get out and play in league tomorrow, and I even have been considering traveling up to Detroit in a couple weeks to play in one of the Natures Valley ameteur tournaments (similar to the golf channel AMTour). Either way I think I am headed in the right direction this year, I have been hitting the practice greens hard and my short game has already improved a bit, and now my long irons are coming around. I ended last year at a 9.5 GHIN and my goal is to get it down to around 5 this year. I'll let everyone know how my round goes tomorrow!

Well I didn't actually play a round today, but I went to the range and had probably the best range day of my life. I have been working on some drills to correct the hook i've been having with my long irons and I think they worked. My ball striking has always been good but I always just hooked the long ones for some reason. I am super stoles to get out and play in league tomorrow, and I even have been considering traveling up to Detroit in a couple weeks to play in one of the Natures Valley ameteur tournaments (similar to the golf channel AMTour). Either way I think I am headed in the right direction this year, I have been hitting the practice greens hard and my short game has already improved a bit, and now my long irons are coming around. I ended last year at a 9.5 GHIN and my goal is to get it down to around 5 this year. I'll let everyone know how my round goes tomorrow!

Good to hear IN. I'm thinking about playing the Natures Valley event at TPC Tampa Bay myself. Also, there's a thread called The Official Driving Range Session Thread for when you go to the range and I don't play. I don't know how to post the link through Tapatalk or I would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

69, -2. Started great, -4 after 7, then bogeyed 9 and a huuuuge thunderstorm blew in. Sat in the clubhouse for an hour and continued our round. A lot of rain came down so the greens got superslow and broke a lot and very abruptly. Bogeyed 10, 12 and 14 (all par 3s) and missed some good opportunities for birdies. Redeemed my round with a 40-footer for eagle on 17! Really happy with my game in general, been chipping and putting really poorly lately but watched Mickelsons DVD and put in some work and I improved a lot in very short time. Got another week and a half to tune up before the next stretch of tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back