They look very similar to the P790s to my eye.

Can't see anyone but hardcore Ping enthusiasts buying them at that price though.

to date. I still think the iblade was the best ping release. Obviously have not seen these yet but the iblade was a great club.
20210823_111017.jpg20210823_111136.jpg20210823_111213.jpg

From my time with them I like them better than the iblade by a good bit. All just little personal preferences though. They're bound to get strong feelings from the Ping guys and gals.

Last edited:
One thing PING does right for me is their finish. I love that hydropearl

Good wrote up @Jman ! 'Alumicore' , that was it. I'm excited for you to get your hands on these, because you can feel it.

Price is such a bummer, and I just don't know if I'll ever get used to looking at a ping sole with that heel to toe shape in the bag. So weird to me, but Ping guys love it, and it's definitely unique.

Adding a link to the pre-release thread about these so I can find our discussion about them.

Last edited:
It is a nice looking Ping iron. All prices are going up so not surprised at all really. Not a fan of the metal color/finish, I always like shiny on irons like this.

I feel like I'm saying this a lot lately but those look sweet and oof that price. Big fan of the different loft specs being offered once again.

Perhaps I'm remembering wrong but didn't the original Ben Hogan PTX experiment with an aluminum core of some variety? I loved those.

Love the looks of these, but man that price is steep. I think I paid right around $1300 for my Apex Pros this year and that was with a discount. I just couldn't see myself spending $2k on a set of irons. I would like to hit these though. I have always loved Ping. Loved my Ping Zings!

It is a nice looking Ping iron. All prices are going up so not surprised at all really. Not a fan of the metal color/finish, I always like shiny on irons like this.
You're not surprised by a 67% jump on iBlades if that's the benchmark?

Great article @Jman! I absolutely loved my iblade’s for the 2 1/2 years I played them and I don’t really think I found a set that I have liked as much as those. These will definitely get some of my time and if I like them they will be in the bag for next year. Also excited to try the px ls and see how it compares to the original px

Great article @Jman! I absolutely loved my iblade’s for the 2 1/2 years I played them and I don’t really think I found a set that I have liked as much as those. These will definitely get some of my time and if I like them they will be in the bag for next year. Also excited to try the px ls and see how it compares to the original px
LS is a big boy shaft!!! It's pretty awesome.

I'm a big fan of the look of these and that Hydropearl finish is one of my favorite looks. Getting that much MOI is pretty impressive in that style of club and could make me consider them as my i210 replacement.

That consideration died though when I saw the price. I understand that cost of everything is going up these days but there's no way I could spend that much on a set of irons. I'm curious to see how sales go considering that number.

LS is a big boy shaft!!! It's pretty awesome.
Most likely too much for me but looking forward to hitting a few with it

Regarding the PowerSpec is there any difference in the heads or is it just stronger. I know the T100S has some design changes in it.

By the way the Ping website appears to be overwhelmed. I keep getting timed out when trying to get to it.

Most likely too much for me but looking forward to hitting a few with it
I've had quite a bit of fun with the IO's this year. I think all said I'd be an LS guy for the stiffer tip and launch characteristics, but you'd have to do some convincing to get me into the 6.5's over the 6.0's.

Reactions: MH
I just don't know if I'll ever get used to looking at a ping sole with that heel to toe shape in the bag. So weird to me, but Ping guys love it, and it's definitely unique.

this. personal preference blah blah blah, but it just doesn't work for me, especially when almost every other competitor brand offers a shape that suits my eye. then add the stock price of these, then add the ludicrous shaft upcharge prices, and i'm out.

this. personal preference blah blah blah, but it just doesn't work for me, especially when almost every other competitor brand offers a shape that suits my eye. then add the stock price of these, then add the ludicrous shaft upcharge prices, and i'm out.
I haven't looked as the stock shafts are pretty rock solid. Are the uncharge prices high?

Looking forward to people getting their hands and swings on the fitting heads for these.

They're my preferred visual over the ball, with a more compact appearance. Don't mind a high toe for that, and they look gorgeous from the back. Soles are borderline unnerving for me. :LOL: I don't play PING irons much, so I think I have an excuse on that one. Offset and everything is really nice imo. Balanced.

Really consistent for me in testing, with plenty of spin. 7i's would have come in a close second in the toe to toe to toe for me between T100, i59, and TCB yesterday. Probably partly shaft related though on one of them. The PX LS 6.0 isn't my favorite despite playing it's 5g different cousin, but fine for me and I play it pretty well. I find that stock pairing interesting, because it doesn't feel like the LS has had a great reception overall? Probably just a result of what I haven't read or seen, but haven't noticed much excitement or long term in-play use of them personally. I think it's cool it might put them in more hands, and maybe get them talked about more. I would need to play the 6.5's in them for the feel I want, but probably won't go stock anyway. Maybe. Overall numbers near it's more direct club comps as expected for me, but those clubs are getting pretty spread out on feels. Will likely create a lot of love and hate. Those 3 yesterday back to back was quite the feel range.

I think in the end these will be the excuse to finally put a few blueprints in my bag. I've always baulked at the price of them despite loving them, but the cap is pretty much off the price discussion once you start talking about these. I'm curious to hit them back to back again though and see if I would actually like the look and feel transition.

Reactions: MH
These look nice, but I'm just not a Ping guy at all. And that price is :eek::eek:. Too many other good options out there.

I'm a big fan of the look of these and that Hydropearl finish is one of my favorite looks. Getting that much MOI is pretty impressive in that style of club and could make me consider them as my i210 replacement.

That consideration died though when I saw the price. I understand that cost of everything is going up these days but there's no way I could spend that much on a set of irons. I'm curious to see how sales go considering that number.

Have to imagine the other OEM's are watching it too. Which makes me nervous. All the others have done it with "special" lines, but this seems to be the first standard line at that price other than PXG.

You're not surprised by a 67% jump on iBlades if that's the benchmark?
Since you put it that way, that is considerable increase. I didn't do the math. ;)

Since you put it that way, that is considerable increase. I didn't do the math. ;)
It's kind of weird math because the Blueprints (which I don't understand the pricing of) were a fair bit higher at the time - and I guess these sort of replace both of them.

I really hope 2022 isn't the year of the price jack. PXG is about to be a bargain brand :ROFLMAO:

Great writeup @Jman as always. I too am a PING apologist since playing the i20s, and am always interested when they have a new release. The tech story here is the most interesting part for me. I think these are just a touch out of my ability range, especially in the low irons... But them bringing the MOI inline with the i210s is pretty impressive. Will be interesting to see if any of that trickles down to the next set in that lineup, which is more in my wheelhouse.

Price is... Something.

Back