Meet Team Paradise

Hey @Scooby45 :

1. What's your favorite club in the bag currently?
2. Where's your favorite trout fishing location?

@Scooby45 why not Shaggy? Have you ever played in a team event before?

This is great!

@Scooby45 what’s your favorite bourbon?
Favorite is Elijah Craig 18 yr. I would pick that over anything else you put in front me. Part of the reason is because I find it really tasty and part of that is because my now wife bought me my first bottle when I passed my PE test and became a licensed engineer. I feel bourbon is meant to be enjoyed, shared, and used to mark occasions and friends.

Favorite is Elijah Craig 18 yr. I would pick that over anything else you put in front me. Part of the reason is because I find it really tasty and part of that is because my now wife bought me my first bottle when I passed my PE test and became a licensed engineer. I feel bourbon is meant to be enjoyed, shared, and used to mark occasions and friends.
What branch of engineering do you practice? My drafter bought me a bottle of Macallan 18 after I passed the SE in Illinois. That was a special bottle.

Hey @Scooby45 :

1. What's your favorite club in the bag currently?
2. Where's your favorite trout fishing location?
1. Favorite club is the supernova. We just get along really well. Nipping at its heels is probably the RadSpeed 4H. The thing is just a confident pull for me from just about anywhere.

2. This one is tough. It would probably be Noontootla Creek which flows out of the southern Appalachian mountains near Blue Ridge Georgia for several reasons. One, I love area from my days in Atlanta, great hiking, fishing, and apple picking if you are into those things, or if you happened to get engaged there. ;) It flows into the Taccoa River which is where I caught my first trout. (That trout was a stocked fish so it was pretty easy pickings in hindsight. Catching stocked trout is like making par on on that 70 yd hole with a big flat green and smooth run-up. Catching a wild trout is more like making par on say #17 at TPC Vegas) And finally it is just a beautiful trout stream. It's a little hard to get to, small water but good camping spots, but never that crowded. I just love the serenity of the place and the technical challenge it presents a fly fisherman. And while everyone enjoys catching big fish and I've caught my share, pulling a brightly colored native wild trout out from under it's little ledge is something that can't be beat imho.

Honorable Mentions go the south branch of the Au Sable River on the Mason Tract in Michigan, birthplace of Trout Unlimited and Paint Creek, a little trout stream that flows through the northern Detroit suburbs. Lots of good memories with friends fishing those two stretches when I lived in Detroit.

Noontootla Creek:
noonttol.jpg

Two trout I caught there:
IMGP0621.JPG
(it's just a little guy...)
fish (2).jpg

Obligatory Big Fish pic:
big fish.jpg

Last edited:
Are you allowed to be so happy? I believe we were mean mugging.
1 - I'm a pretty happy guy in general and I'm going to the Morgan Cup. Is that not reason to be happy?
2 - Wife was the photographer and she said smiles and no hat as it shaded my face :rolleyes: (should have gotten a neighbor to do it)

Captain's Edit (@jdtox): Gameface will come out when needed.

1. Favorite club is the supernova. We just get along really well. Nipping at its heels is probably the RadSpeed 4H. The thing is just a confident pull for me from just about anywhere.

2. This one is tough. It would probably be Noontootla Creek which flows out of the southern Appalachian mountains near Blue Ridge Georgia for several reasons. One, I love area from my days in Atlanta, great hiking, fishing, and apple picking if you are into those things, or if you happened to get engaged there. It flows into the Taccoa River which is where I caught my first trout. (That trout was a stocked fish so it was pretty easy pickings in hindsight. Catching stocked trout is like making par on on that 70 yd hole with a big flat green and smooth run-up. Catching a wild trout is more like making par on say #17 at TPC Vegas) And finally it is just a beautiful trout stream. It's a little hard to get to, small water but good camping spots, but never that crowded. I just love the serenity of the place and the technical challenge it presents a fly fisherman. And while everyone enjoys catching big fish and I've caught my share, pulling a brightly colored native wild trout out from under it's little ledge is something that can't be beat imho.

Honorable Mentions go the south branch of the Au Sable River on the Mason Tract in Michigan, birthplace of Trout Unlimited and Paint Creek, a little trout stream that flows through the northern Detroit suburbs. Lots of good memories with friends fishing those two stretches when I lived in Detroit.

Noontootla Creek:
View attachment 9027889

View attachment 9027890
View attachment 9027891

Obligatory Big Fish pic:
View attachment 9027892
That's awesome. I've always really enjoying fishing, but would love to get into fly fishing one day. That spot looks like a perfect place to explore, have a walk in the woods, and find hidden fishing spots!

2. This one is tough. It would probably be Noontootla Creek which flows out of the southern Appalachian mountains near Blue Ridge Georgia for several reasons. One, I love area from my days in Atlanta, great hiking, fishing, and apple picking if you are into those things, or if you happened to get engaged there. It flows into the Taccoa River which is where I caught my first trout. (That trout was a stocked fish so it was pretty easy pickings in hindsight. Catching stocked trout is like making par on on that 70 yd hole with a big flat green and smooth run-up. Catching a wild trout is more like making par on say #17 at TPC Vegas) And finally it is just a beautiful trout stream. It's a little hard to get to, small water but good camping spots, but never that crowded. I just love the serenity of the place and the technical challenge it presents a fly fisherman. And while everyone enjoys catching big fish and I've caught my share, pulling a brightly colored native wild trout out from under it's little ledge is something that can't be beat imho.

Noontootla Creek:
View attachment 9027889

View attachment 9027890
View attachment 9027891

Obligatory Big Fish pic:
View attachment 9027892
Trout fishing is huge up where some of my family lives in Michigan. Heck, the town has about a 20' Trout fountain, lol. I'm from a small town called Fife Lake, but I'm talking about Kalkaska. Didn't know there was trout fishing in the Detroit area. My dad lives in St. Claire Shores, so had no clue. haha.

1 - I'm a pretty happy guy in general and I'm going to the Morgan Cup. Is that not reason to be happy?
2 - Wife was the photographer and she said smiles and no hat as it shaded my face :rolleyes: (should have gotten a neighbor to do it)

Captain's Edit (@jdtox): Gameface will come out when needed.
#WillWorkForRum

@Scooby45 if the distance between your house and my house was a golf hole, what's your club strategy?
Do I need to pay for any broken windows or can I assume that's covered and I just need to land a golf ball in your backyard? I need parameters for this great thought exercise.

Do I need to pay for any broken windows or can I assume that's covered and I just need to land a golf ball in your backyard? I need parameters for this great thought exercise.
I mean, you're a good player, don't miss.

Just run and hide after said window is broken, then leave a Costco sized bottle of rum on the porch with some diet coke and a note haha

@Scooby45 - What about your favorite Gin though?

@Scooby45 why not Shaggy? Have you ever played in a team event before?
Scooby over Shaggy as typically dogs > the non-golfing public. I mostly kid. I've been a Scooby-Doo fan since I was little and back when I played a bunch of video games I just always used it for profiles and such and it's just stuck.

Yes, we've been doing a team event for the past several years at our annual golf trip, the Shankapotamus Invitational. Shankapotamus has been going strong for 13 years, with the requisite trophy, jackets, winners towel and occasional other swag such as ballmarkers, hats, and shirts. (thinking about custom western birch tees next year fwiw) It's a great event and decided to honor it with a custom putter cover for the Supernova (Ace of Clubs, I'm impressed, you all should check them out) to go with the custom superstroke grip that honors the Morgan Cup you can find in the main Morgan Cup thread.

It used to always be a two round individual net tournament but we've added a two round event called the Shank Cup split into 4, 9-hole matches over the past several years. The matches are a mix of alt-shot, four-ball, and singles. (We haven't added the shamble aspect but we did that when a few of us got together and it makes the holes much more competitive which adds to the fun). I couldn't find the picture of the year my team won but if you zoom in real close you will see my name engraved ;) (PS I created the trophy at home, I like to tinker with wood working projects at times)

Shank Cup:
chank cup.png

Shankapotamus Trophy:
shank photo.jpg

Shank Headcover:
headcover.png

Last edited:
That's awesome. I've always really enjoying fishing, but would love to get into fly fishing one day. That spot looks like a perfect place to explore, have a walk in the woods, and find hidden fishing spots!
Let's just say there are other spots in close proximity that may or may not flow into the Noontootla that would really be my favorite spot ;)

If you ever want to get into let me know. Ohio has a couple spots we can get out on.

What branch of engineering do you practice? My drafter bought me a bottle of Macallan 18 after I passed the SE in Illinois. That was a special bottle.
Civil Engineering and I practice the transportation sector. I'd say the firm but given I'm spending my morning on the forum.... :censored::ROFLMAO:

What sort of work do you do?

(Listening to conference calls for anyone in HR looking in... ;))

Trout fishing is huge up where some of my family lives in Michigan. Heck, the town has about a 20' Trout fountain, lol. I'm from a small town called Fife Lake, but I'm talking about Kalkaska. Didn't know there was trout fishing in the Detroit area. My dad lives in St. Claire Shores, so had no clue. haha.
There are so good spots near Kalkaska. Paint Creek is probably a 30-40 min drive from St. Claire Shores. I used to do a bit of work out there. I miss living in Michigan at times, to be honest.

I mean, you're a good player, don't miss.
I'm not scared to throw a driver out over the lake on 17 and trust the fade to come back to the fairway but the monetary risk is only around $4 :ROFLMAO:

There are so good spots near Kalkaska. Paint Creek is probably a 30-40 min drive from St. Claire Shores. I used to do a bit of work out there. I miss living in Michigan at times, to be honest.
I miss there too at times, and I've been gone since I was 10. lol

LOL. Awesome. Where can I buy those cards?

@Scooby45 - What about your favorite Gin though?
I'm not as particular about my gin as it is typically mixed with tonic or others in cocktail whereas bourbon I typically go on the rocks.

That said, Hendrick's is always a good one when out and about but there are a handful of smaller ones that I am a big fan of. One is Karrikin Ora, a local distillery here in Cincinnati. Another is Terra Botanical Gin from Indiana, and the other Town Branch Gin. I stumbled across that one when going to Town Branch for their bourbon tasting. The bourbon left me underwhelmed but I loved the gin. The common theme is that I tend to like the ones that are heavy on the botanicals.

Civil Engineering and I practice the transportation sector. I'd say the firm but given I'm spending my morning on the forum.... :censored::ROFLMAO:

What sort of work do you do?

(Listening to conference calls for anyone in HR looking in... ;))
Structural for me. Used to be with HDR, then GPD Group. Now a small shop in Cleveland.

You don't work for HDR do you? ;-)

Back