jag398

Reaction score
Handicap
I was recently advised to purchase some clubs from these guys and that they offer the best prices around. I found some i15 ping irons for lower than the commonly listed $800 and am wondering whether they are legit or not. I've read so much on the internet these days about how common it is to get counterfeit clubs and am a little cautious about the topic. I've also been told numerous times that PING does not their clubs to be sold at a discount. Does anyone have any experience on the topic?

have bought from them for a long time, they are legit

They are a site sponsor on the other forum, and a lot of ppl therr shop with them

I was recommended by a friend of mine that got $170 off some i15's he just purchased. He gave dd's all his info after being fit by a ping rep and relayed all the info to dd, received the package about a week later from ping with every single customization he wanted. He went to ping.com and registered them and is vouching for them. This isn't a "sounds to good to be true type place," but saving $150 would be nice.

Just to be clear... I'm not attacking DD's, but it'd be nice to get some clarification from a few people that have dealt with them. I haven't given them a call yet, but my buddy insists that I should.

I have bought from them. Nice, fast shipping, the whole nine yards. I didn't buy any clubs from them, but I did buy my Stiff Arms from them. I believe they shipped those free.

would be nice to be able to view some prices for items rather than calling lol

I have bought from them. I ordered a set of tailor-made irons to my specs and they came straight from taylormade right in specs. Great people to deal with. And good prices too but you have to call them to get prices.

Tapatalking from iPhone

would be nice to be able to view some prices for items rather than calling lol

That is there way to get around MAP pricing. Not exactly the most ethical business practice, but good for the consumer.

I got some Ping stuff from them not all that long ago. No sales tax and cheap shipping to Canada was plenty sweet. Good guys there who are willing to help.

I like Patty and Dennis at Blind9 a lot though. I have some weird club requests and they just smile and make it happen. Someone needs to get some drinks for them at the Outing for me.

I like Patty and Dennis at Blind9 a lot though. I have some weird club requests and they just smile and make it happen. Someone needs to get some drinks for them at the Outing for me.

And that is exactly why they are part of THP.

That is there way to get around MAP pricing. Not exactly the most ethical business practice, but good for the consumer.

oh yeah I know, they could at least mix in "some" prices lol

+1 for Patty and Blind 9, I bought my 2.0 SUperfast from here, and theres no looking back

I was recommended by a friend of mine that got $170 off some i15's he just purchased. He gave dd's all his info after being fit by a ping rep and relayed all the info to dd, received the package about a week later from ping with every single customization he wanted. He went to ping.com and registered them and is vouching for them. This isn't a "sounds to good to be true type place," but saving $150 would be nice.

Just to be clear... I'm not attacking DD's, but it'd be nice to get some clarification from a few people that have dealt with them. I haven't given them a call yet, but my buddy insists that I should.

hey bud did you not see the above post about they are legit and i have delt with them many many times lol, you are as safe as you are going to get buying from them. Also give Blind9 a shot, they are a sponsor here and have great prices and are great to deal with, just bought my Zstar Driver from them not to long ago

hey bud did you not see the above post about they are legit and i have delt with them many many times lol, you are as safe as you are going to get buying from them. Also give Blind9 a shot, they are a sponsor here and have great prices and are great to deal with, just bought my Zstar Driver from them not to long ago

Wow, for whatever reason I missed that earlier when I posted. I'm going to give them a call monday and see what prices they got on a few clubs. Sounds like many pleased customers.

Discount Dans is righteous. I have yet to buy anything from Blind 9, but I will when the time comes.

Wow, for whatever reason I missed that earlier when I posted. I'm going to give them a call monday and see what prices they got on a few clubs. Sounds like many pleased customers.

lol i figured you might of missed it, they are great to deal with and im sure you will be very happy with their prices

I ordered quite a bit from DD and they have a tremendous prices and customer service. I have yet to find a better place to purchase clubs from.

DD is for real and awesome.

DD is legit, but be sure to check out Blind9. I refuse to use anyone else for new gear with how theyve taken care of me and other THP'ers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have to call rather than email to get the really good prices I hear about? I emailed and the quote for CG16s was more than global golf and golfballs.com. Ended up going with R9s from golfballs.com for $450!

I've bought a lot of equipment from Discount Dan's, and have found it to be an excellent shop. Very helpful, great service, and great prices. As a Ping dealer, if they are offering lower prices on some Ping stuff you can be assured that somehow they have authorization to do so as I'm sure they wouldn't jeopardize their Ping account. I'm not sure how that would work, but we all have read about dealers losing their accounts when they go under Ping's set prices by a mere few bucks. Top notch outfit, and my go to store. No ax to grind--no affiliation, but if they ever need a sales rep in Michigan (they're located in Oregon), I'll take the job if I get the employee discount!!!!

DD is legit. You can email them to request a quote. In many cases they are much cheaper, sometimes they can be higher depending on the item.
I've ordered from them recently and had no issues.

i've tried to deal with discount dan's twice. I'm a lefty. They once had a wedge listed that I wanted..and i added it to my cart. They actually didn't have it in stock and a week later i called wondering why i hadn't received tracking number ...i cancelled my order as they didn't know how long it'd take to get the left handed version....most items you have to call to order. So next time i was going to buy from them and tried to get them to price match another sight...they wouldn't do it....so for me.....discountdans is no longer on my list of merchants to buy from.
I will say...many many many people love discount dans and rate them highly....based on that I'd still recommend them to someone else...i just won't buy from them personally....i guess i'm hard headed...but i tried 2 times and they couldn't help me twice. deal breaker for me.

i've tried to deal with discount dan's twice. I'm a lefty. They once had a wedge listed that I wanted..and i added it to my cart. They actually didn't have it in stock and a week later i called wondering why i hadn't received tracking number ...i cancelled my order as they didn't know how long it'd take to get the left handed version....most items you have to call to order. So next time i was going to buy from them and tried to get them to price match another sight...they wouldn't do it....so for me.....discountdans is no longer on my list of merchants to buy from.
I will say...many many many people love discount dans and rate them highly....based on that I'd still recommend them to someone else...i just won't buy from them personally....i guess i'm hard headed...but i tried 2 times and they couldn't help me twice. deal breaker for me.

What site were you trying to get them to match? No one is going to match the counterfeit sites i.e. selling Ping Anser irons for $352.68

What site were you trying to get them to match? No one is going to match the counterfeit sites i.e. selling Ping Anser irons for $352.68

Exactly what i was thinking, they will match/beat any LEGIT site pricing

Back