EXPERIENCE 2021 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

What ball would the participants and followers use out of the Callaway lineup and why?

Myself it’s the CS Truvis currently and I’m planning on dabbling with the TT here shortly. Prefer the softer feel of the ball as compared to the X or LS at the moment and has a tick less spin off the driver.

I love the TT. It is a great tool on the tee and on the green.
The CSX has been my ball for 2 years.

What ball would the participants and followers use out of the Callaway lineup and why?

I’ve been a HUGE fan of the TT to the point where I actually bought a tool to draw the TT on non-Callaway balls. Going to try out the LS this weekend, but the big thing I look for is avoiding excess spin on my short irons. I’m very steep and the only balls I’ve found that don’t rip down 20 feet with a 7 iron are the left dash, AVX, and TP5x so far. Can’t wait to pick the brains of the Callaway guys on this!

Do you remember the rule 35 boxes with 10 balls?
I do. I loved the Rule 35. In fact my friend Mike Yagley designed that golf ball.
They have come a long way since them haha

I’ve been a HUGE fan of the TT to the point where I actually bought a tool to draw the TT on non-Callaway balls. Going to try out the LS this weekend, but the big thing I look for is avoiding excess spin on my short irons. I’m very steep and the only balls I’ve found that don’t rip down 20 feet with a 7 iron are the left dash, AVX, and TP5x so far. Can’t wait to pick the brains of the Callaway guys on this!

I haven't played the LS yet either because I have loved the CSX. I have a dozen on my desk at home that I hope to try after this weekend.

Myself it’s the CS Truvis currently and I’m planning on dabbling with the TT here shortly. Prefer the softer feel of the ball as compared to the X or LS at the moment and has a tick less spin off the driver.
I started the season playing the CSX but since have been switching between the CS truvis and CSX-LS.

This season I have played Pro V1, CS and Bridgestone Lady. I might try the CSX for the next few rounds.

Hey MattyCap or DimplyCap aka @MattyD-MPLS you better ask them when they are releasing a Ten-S with OG WH face! lol

Question for current participants and hopefuls.

With the announcement of the new super hybrid, and being mindful of the challenges of new to you equipment, what club do you expect to be using off the tee at the hideaway?

are you ripping your newly fitted driver all week?

Strictly irons off the tee?

Fairway woods and the super hybrid? A combo of them all depending on the hole?

One club less the @JasonFinleyCG on every hole just for mental warfare?

Plenty of options on a course that will require a plethora of shots! What say you THP?
They better take that newly fitted driver and hit high nasty bombs off the tee!!!

For the past participants, what cell service is best/worst in that area?

I have ATT and never have had any issues even when visiting family near mountain regions.
I had Verizon and had no issues.

I have used all in the lineup. CS to CSX to CSX-LS and now back to CSX. TT is the poop. Just saying....lol.

I've been able to play with the CSX LS more or less the entire season and it's a great ball. I'll switch out for a round or two with a Tour BX to continue the comparison for me since the Tour BX was my ball of choice last year. The CSX LS will be my ball of choice for the Grandaddy I am pretty sure. Spin with the short irons and full wedge shots is not usually an issue but keeping the spin down on drivers is a good thing for me.

I haven't played the LS yet either because I have loved the CSX. I have a dozen on my desk at home that I hope to try after this weekend.
They are really good, but to me the CSX is just better all the way around.

Try the ERC at some point. I find the spin low enough for me and still good enough around the green. That said, it doesn’t get the distance that CSXLS gets off the tee.

love seeing the team complete! what is everyone doing to prep now that you’re in the home stretch?!
I've had a few sessions working on some of the key fundamentals of foil ripping for those precious breakfast sliders as well as some stiff arm and hurdle jumping drills for The Nest. I feel confident.

I've had a few sessions working on some of the key fundamentals of foil ripping for those precious breakfast sliders as well as some stiff arm and hurdle jumping drills for The Nest. I feel confident.
I want in on that foil ripping training! I'm all in on the sliders :LOL:

303D05F8-C2DB-418B-A953-A4FABC8C7D7A.jpeg
Almost time for a new one with the event getting so close!

Try the ERC at some point. I find the spin low enough for me and still good enough around the green. That said, it doesn’t get the distance that CSXLS gets off the tee.

I will definitely give the ERC a try and see how they compare. I hit a few of the LS on the simulator and liked the numbers I was getting with the driver. Will see how it feels with the irons! Thank you!

Haven’t touched a club since my scramble on 9/4. Haven’t played a real round since 8/29. This is not OK!!

Back