Tour Edge Exotics Pro 721 Preview

Mine is the 16.5deg 3 Wood with he Tensei Orange shaft, heading out first thing in the AM for some range time and I can see me hitting this off the tee ALOT with the course i'm heading to......cannot wait.

Went to the range, and hit quite a few with this. Again, I'm playing the 16.5* with the Tensei Blue shaft in stiff flex. Here are some takeaways:

1. Sound and feel are very good. Solid in both regards Not tingy like the EX10 Beta I'm coming from. I used to enjoy the bit of Titanium sound from the EX10, but I prefer the C721's solid sound and feel.
2. Flight. I went a bit higher loft that my current 15* 3w in hopes to get more height. I was able to accomplish that. Easy to get into the air both off the deck and off the tee. Looking at the face and points of impact, I caught a couple low and they still got up
3. Distance. First one made me go :oops::oops::oops:. Straight boring flight that just kept going. There was a slight head wind that would also go right to left a bit, so I was pleased with the distance I was getting, as the ball cut through the wind. Had a couple roll out to the 250 yard marker.
4. Lost a few left that kept going left due to wind. But overall, I was able to keep in pretty well on the path I was aiming between 2 stakes that marked my "fairway"
5. Did have an issue with one of the weights continually coming loose and rattling around. Took it out and put it back in but kept having the issue. Finally got it to a spot where it quit rattling, but something to keep an eye on.

Any questions please let me know.

Mine is the 16.5deg 3 Wood with he Tensei Orange shaft, heading out first thing in the AM for some range time and I can see me hitting this off the tee ALOT with the course i'm heading to......cannot wait.

Mine will be a little easier to compare as I normally have a PXG 0341 X in the bag 15 deg turned to 16deg. Shafts are diff as the PXG has Pro X Evenflow Blue and both are 65 gm stiff2EC1F9EF-4664-47DC-99F0-6E954FA355E2.jpeg

This one (fairway) is definitely a potential huge conversation club…
From time I’ve spent with it so far it has a lot of promise. Looking forward to more experience with it. It’s going straight in the bag to keep the C721 driver company. For those of you @JB @Jman or others that have experience with the standard 3 wood vs the pro what are your thoughts.

From time I’ve spent with it so far it has a lot of promise. Looking forward to more experience with it. It’s going straight in the bag to keep the C721 driver company. For those of you @JB @Jman or others that have experience with the standard 3 wood vs the pro what are your thoughts.
Pretty different to me, but James can probably expand more. Deeper and lower spin for me, but I really like it. In fact it might be the star of the Pro lineup for those looking for a secondary club off the tee.

Limited time with it so far, but I know @MWard was a fan.

Vastly different. I’ll have to circle back after practice to expand on that though!

In fact it might be the star of the Pro lineup for those looking for a secondary club off the tee.
After my first range session with this, I'm very excited about this possibility. I saw good distance and dispersion, for the most part, hitting off the tee.

Pretty different to me, but James can probably expand more. Deeper and lower spin for me, but I really like it. In fact it might be the star of the Pro lineup for those looking for a secondary club off the tee.

Limited time with it so far, but I know @MWard was a fan.

Gotta say, I was consistent with it. Like… annoying so. Weights moved and all.

021CA6F1-5867-4448-8A6D-5CAB90EE5F1E.jpeg

I won’t get to play it on course for another week. Clubs are tucked away in Motorhome. When I get to Alabama in a week I’ll be on course almost daily. If numbers on course are anything like sim numbers this one is going to be fun.

I love my pro 3w. Hit it off the tee once today and off the deck twice. Both times just high and straight. It’s not far behind my driver in distance either

The 3w is so good I want to try the driver

I actually think the non-pro is the better driver.
I may have to agree with you, but i need more data with just the two drivers outside or a SIM I trust.

I WILL say that the 721 PRO 3 WOOD is Flat out BEAST! I hit my Driver on one hole and it was the 3 wood all day. On one Par 5, I hit 3 wood 3 wood on the green

I hit this 3 wood over 250 on a few holes this morning. Beautiful little draw and a low strolling bullet. I LIKE THIS ONE and the PXG is definitely in time out in the corner of the office......I can see that one being up for sale real soon....as with @gkeller813 my heel weight had to be retightened a few times today.....rattle

Last edited:
I may have to agree with you, but i need more date with just the two drivers outside or a SIM I trust.

I WILL say that the 721 PRO 3 WOOD is Flat out BEAST! I hit my Driver on one hole and it was the 3 wood all day. On one Par 5, I hit 3 wood 3 wood on the green

I hit this 3 wood over 250 on a few holes this morning. Beautiful little draw and a low strolling bullet. I LIKE THIS ONE and the PXG is definitely in time out in the corner of the office......I can see that one being up for sale real soon....
Its definitely a long 3w, especially off the tee.

The fairway in the Pro 721 Series should not be underestimated ...... As i said about the C721 Driver, the Pro 721 3 Would is a beast. At 16.5 degrees I put 3 out there over 250 yesterday and one 267. I could laser the spot to the tee marker from where it stopped. The flight was a soft draw and most of them i hit were not more than 40' off the deck. I did hit one over the trees on a par four dog leg right off the tee, but i was SO PLEASED with this...

Last edited:
Good evening all - some feedback on the Pro 721 Fairway.

Was able to get out this weekend and play 2.5 rounds with it. To start out, when pulling the club out of the box I have to say that the look is very nice. The matte finish is just pretty. A nice clean smooth look that inspires confidence. The ridgeback isn't as pronounced as it is with the original driver. Seriously a nice clean look. The Diamond Face 2.0 has a great look to it with the grooves highlighted white (at least to my eye). I've paired the Pro 721 15* head with Tensi White stiff shaft and it's a good pairing.

On the course, I've been able to hit it off the tee and off the deck. Both times the ball really jumped off the face and it was easy to get it up in the air. Like super easy. It didn't seem to go as far as my other fairway but that may be the fact that the Pro 721 is lofted at 15* and my Ping G410 LST is turned down to 13.5*. But it is easier to get the ball up in the air and off the ground with the Pro 721.

The sound when hitting the ball reminds me of the old composite metal bats I used growing up. It's a muted "Thwack!". Not anything that turns me off but something that I definitely noticed - as my playing partners noticed it as well. Also - very minor detail - I'm not sure I like the painted white lines on the grooves of the face as they're throwing me off a bit. 1st world problems I know... but I've noticed myself actually thinking about those lines while I'm getting ready to swing... and there's already too much going on in my head in a round that adding something else is just going to create a bigger issue that I can't afford to have.

Other than that - there is nothing but good things to say about this club right now. It's a solid piece of machinery. Well done TE! Well done.

Good evening all - some feedback on the Pro 721 Fairway.

Was able to get out this weekend and play 2.5 rounds with it. To start out, when pulling the club out of the box I have to say that the look is very nice. The matte finish is just pretty. A nice clean smooth look that inspires confidence. The ridgeback isn't as pronounced as it is with the original driver. Seriously a nice clean look. The Diamond Face 2.0 has a great look to it with the grooves highlighted white (at least to my eye). I've paired the Pro 721 15* head with Tensi White stiff shaft and it's a good pairing.

On the course, I've been able to hit it off the tee and off the deck. Both times the ball really jumped off the face and it was easy to get it up in the air. Like super easy. It didn't seem to go as far as my other fairway but that may be the fact that the Pro 721 is lofted at 15* and my Ping G410 LST is turned down to 13.5*. But it is easier to get the ball up in the air and off the ground with the Pro 721.

The sound when hitting the ball reminds me of the old composite metal bats I used growing up. It's a muted "Thwack!". Not anything that turns me off but something that I definitely noticed - as my playing partners noticed it as well. Also - very minor detail - I'm not sure I like the painted white lines on the grooves of the face as they're throwing me off a bit. 1st world problems I know... but I've noticed myself actually thinking about those lines while I'm getting ready to swing... and there's already too much going on in my head in a round that adding something else is just going to create a bigger issue that I can't afford to have.

Other than that - there is nothing but good things to say about this club right now. It's a solid piece of machinery. Well done TE! Well done.
Good to hear. From time I’ve had in sim it seems to be a stud. Can’t wait till it’s official first round on course next weekend. Might squeeze in a range trip in the next day or 2.

pro 10.5 driver review here and a comparison of the former gamer, the c721 9.5.

A bit about me...I play off of a 3.6 currently and the driver is the weakest club in my bag...always. I average 6-7 up AoA and 42% fairways on the season. This driver should not fit me as i need all of the forgiveness i can get. The c721 has the stock (non) ventus red and I play it +1 upright. Both heads weighed exactly 191g. 100mph SS.

First few swings i thought i made a costly mistake as i was missing waaaay out on the toe. ball still went respectably for such terrible misses with very little curvature. then i started migrating towards the center. serious low spin beautiful bombs. i try to switch things up on the range regularly so as to not get too grooved as that doesnt give me accurate feedback. train how ya fight kinda deal. played with a couple settings and +1 in the non upright setting was the sweet spot. heavier weight in the toe. For someone like me who is a dummy with the driver, this felt relatively easy to hit high tiny draws with. Very low spin.

The drawback...it sounds pretty bad. total tin can. slightly more muted in the center, but outer limits are nasty. if you like the c721 sound, which i do, youll likely hate this sound. think g425 and its very similar.

Overall, its in the bag. I really like the looks and have a strong preference toward matte crowns. Shape is really nice. Sits very square. It came with a tensei white 65s that i will test once i change out the regular sized grip to an OS.

Another range session. Got great distance with this club, both off the tee and off the deck. Pulled more than a few left off the tee, but everything off the deck was high and straight. Love the ball flight I'm seeing, especially from the fairway. So easy to launch.

Maybe need to mess with the weights to see if I can help the left pulls, but I'm sure a swing fix would be better. Overall, this club feel powerful when you hit it. I enjoy the sound and feel. Can't wait to get it on the course to see how it performs there.

1st round booked in Gulf Shores for Saturday morning. Will use 721 pro 3 wood as often as possible. Looking forward to real world stats with it. Only seen sim numbers so far. Many more rounds planned while in the area. Should be a solid test for a club that I’m already very comfortable with.

Waiting to go off this morning, a twosome at Lost Dunes was in front of us. He had the fw wood in his bag.

Planning to take this out to the course for 9 holes this afternoon. Going to get some shots in both off the tee, and off the fairway.

Last edited:
Will be playing it again this weekend. From the first 2 rounds - it's a solid stick.

850 tee time in the morning. Craft farms cypress course. See what this thing can do.

Scheduled to hit the house in the AM I am Dying to hit this beast. Of course it looks like the only day of rain for the foreseeable future here, Saturday....yep

Back