Crowne Plaza Invitational @ Colonial [Spoilers]

Sorry - took your lead away. I need a screenshot; probably the first and last time I will ever be in the lead! :D

Sorry - took your lead away. I need a screenshot; probably the first and last time I will ever be in the lead! :D

It just goes to show that you can't put that much weight on the first day (unless one of your guy does a Roy McAvoy and puts up a huge number). I would've never guessed that my biggest disappointment so far would be Kuch. Although lately he's been a little slow out the gates.

Toms just posted a -8 (62). Impressive first round!!!

You know the course is too easy when even Henrik Stenson is -3.

You know the course is too easy when even Henrik Stenson is -3.

Ha - even Tiger could keep it around even for 9 holes!

Rickie Fowler? I picked him, but I really did not expect this.

Rickie Fowler? I picked him, but I really did not expect this.

I did not pick him...and obviously did not expect this. Colonial is one of the few shotmakers courses still on tour so I tended to stay away from the long ball hitters a bit. Good old fashion Texas shootout is in store this weekend!!

The one week I pick Sabbatini he starts out bogeying. GREAT. Toms, Cink, Gay, Day, and Garcia better pick up his slack!

Siting in 18th now without Marino teeing off yet, here's the squad this week:

Jason Day
Zach Johnson
Steve Marino
Stewart Cink
Hunter Mahan
Kevin Na
David Toms
Jason Dufner
Pat Perez
Matt Kuchar

Ugh, Ben Crane. You'd think I would have learned after last week.

AK was looking great at -6 through 12 then goes and bogeys 3 of the last 6. WTH?!?!?!

Wow, I'm in 11th, I can almost taste the Top 10, come on guys keep going low!

Very humid day here in TX with a good change of thunderstorms throughout the day. Will be interesting to see if they produce and have any impact. Weekend forecast looks pretty clear though.

ha, just checked the standings and the good news is I'm not last.....but that's about all I can say about it!

Wow, I SUCK this week! Now my only hope is a no-name like Reavie or Bowditch winning it so nobody gets much money.

I actually picked Rory for the win this week and he is stepping it up today! -5 through 12 so far.

my team is sucking out loud at the moment.

Looks like Glover's beard sat him down and had a word with him this morning. 5 under so far and looking hairy.

Rory tied for the lead...yeah baby!!

I know that Jason Day was picked by many this week. He needs to birdie one of the last 3 holes to make the projected cut at EVEN currently.

Day got his birdie at 16 so see if he can stay there and make the cut. Kenny Perry is now in the same predicament except he has only 2 holes to get 1 back and finish even.

Good news is that the train wreck known as John Daly finished at plus 1 and will likely not make the weekend. Waste of an exemption by Colonial - disappointed they chose to use an exemption on that circus.

Heading out to Colonial now. Taking the rain gear with me. My phone doesn't have a camera. So, I'll apologize in advance for not being able to provide photos.

I know that Jason Day was picked by many this week. He needs to birdie one of the last 3 holes to make the projected cut at EVEN currently.

I've got him, loved watching his group on TV last night, Garcia, Day and Johnson was a good three some!

Wait....who is Steven Bowditch??

Day picked up another bird to finish at -1 heading into the weekend. Scores are being made out there - several guys posting 6 under rounds with ease it looks like.

Must say this is looking like a tough week for fantasy golf. Thought I made good picks and the fact that it looks like all my guys are going to make the cut but yet I am in 60th place would just tell me that most people made better picks than I did. Should be interesting to see what happens over the weekend.

Back