OK! But like I said, the requirements have been loosened! They are are still "kind of stringent" , but "not really!" T\you can make "bourbon" anywhere in the US today! I have to admit that some of them are good!

These have been the laws on the books since 1964. And many of those laws simply codified a practice that has existed since the turn of the 20th century.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK! But like I said, the requirements have been loosened! They are are still "kind of stringent" , but "not really!" T\you can make "bourbon" anywhere in the US today! I have to admit that some of them are good!
I’m not sure I understand. It’s the same requirement. 51% corn, new American oak barrels. Etc, So where have the requirements loosened?

Made old fashioned tonight for the neighborhood dads while we sat around the fire pit.

Attachments

• 20211105_192149.jpg
    20211105_192149.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 20211105_191154.jpg
    20211105_191154.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 15
I’m not sure I understand. It’s the same requirement. 51% corn, new American oak barrels. Etc, So where have the requirements loosened?

True "straight" Bourbon whiskey used to only be allowed to be made in Bourbon County, Kentucky. I would think that this is a significant loosening of the requirements!

True "straight" Bourbon whiskey used to only be allowed to be made in Bourbon County, Kentucky. I would think that this is a significant loosening of the requirements!
I think that's a bit of a tall tale. I did some reading on that. The rule you state would suggest that no bourbon was manufactured after 1919 when no distilleries operated in bourbon county until 2015. Also in about 1964 Congress passed the law defining what was and what was not bourbon..

Straight bourbon just man's it's made according to the rule of bourbon and aged at least 2 years, not where it's made.

So, I'm not trying to be obtuse, can you direct me to this law, I'm curious.

I think that's a bit of a tall tale. I did some reading on that. The rule you state would suggest that no bourbon was manufactured after 1919 when no distilleries operated in bourbon county until 2015. Also in about 1964 Congress passed the law defining what was and what was not bourbon..

Straight bourbon just man's it's made according to the rule of bourbon and aged at least 2 years, not where it's made.

Just take a scroll down to the Number 1 myth.

Thanks - I looked a bit, because this 'law' was completely unknown to me - so yea, just like in many things - there is a lot of misinformation out there.

It's a good night.

IMG_20211110_192835_991.jpg

I read this too many years ago to try to recall it now. But, I remember what I read. And I just Googled bourbon distilleries in Bourbon Co, and came across dozens who exceed that age!

Last edited:
Made old fashioned tonight for the neighborhood dads while we sat around the fire pit.
I spy a cutco knife.

Also, I like a gold old fashioned myself.

Similar with the screwball. It is what it is. Still have a 90% full bottle than never seems likenthe right time to break out.
Sounds like we need to get together.

Wilderness trail single barrel is good!

I spy a cutco knife.

Also, I like a gold old fashioned myself.

It sure is a cutco knife. Still sharp after 14 years. We use them daily. Yep it's definitely a tasty old fashioned for sure!

It sure is a cutco knife. Still sharp after 14 years. We use them daily. Yep it's definitely a tasty old fashioned for sure!
Collage 2021-11-10 22_08_53.jpg
I have a few myself

I read this too many years ago to try to recall it now. But, I remember what I read. And I just Googled bourbon distilleries in Bourbon Co, and came across dozens!
According to Wikipedia from prohibition (1919) until something like 2005 there were supposedly no distilleries operating in bourbon county. If that's even close to correct, then what you read was likely just a wives tale or lore. But, not fact, it's a great story though.

Last edited:
I read this too many years ago to try to recall it now. But, I remember what I read. And I just Googled bourbon distilleries in Bourbon Co, and came across dozens!

It’s a myth. A deeply rooted and often strongly held belief, but a myth nonetheless.

It is not now, nor has it ever been a requirement for bourbon to be distilled in Bourbon County, Kentucky.

Whatever! We can argue about what the rules were or weren't, or we can discuss the current state of Bourbon in this country.

Whatever! We can argue about what the rules were or weren't, or we can discuss the current state of Bourbon in this country.

3b7df15df66fe52369f9e1d3e9d96240.jpg

Cheers!

Just picked this up at lunch, I’ve never heard of them and can’t wait to give it a try

929E02BD-C730-45C6-B5AD-56C0DEC385F5.jpeg

Just picked this up at lunch, I’ve never heard of them and can’t wait to give it a try

View attachment 9043761
I initially got excited and was going to ask you let me know where you picked it up, and then I saw the proof o_O

Not enough hair on my chest to handle that one :ROFLMAO:

I initially got excited and was going to ask you let me know where you picked it up, and then I saw the proof o_O

Not enough hair on my chest to handle that one :ROFLMAO:
I also picked up some Weller Green Label, you’ll like that I think. I’ll put some in a flask for when we go to MOG

Back