Finally trying Weller full proof as my club got a bottle.

Man it's good, the caramel/popcorn nose is one of the best. still not worth the secondary market prices.

Agreed! Not many of the bourbons are worth their secondary Market prices.

The owner of the liquor store down from my house went from driving a truck to a Mercedes. He's able to get a lot of nice bourbons there and he charges a ridiculous amount and people buy it. He's now selling Blanton's for $156.99 that's 3x standard retail... sad very very sad.

Agreed! Not many of the bourbons are worth their secondary Market prices.

The owner of the liquor store down from my house went from driving a truck to a Mercedes. He's able to get a lot of nice bourbons there and he charges a ridiculous amount and people buy it. He's now selling Blanton's for $156.99 that's 3x standard retail... sad very very sad.
I would agree, to me, not many out worth the secondary prices out there, but to each their own,

I would agree, to me, not many out worth the secondary prices out there, but to each their own,
That I agree with, the secondary markets give a price that just isn't worth it for a lot of things. Unless it's a special occasion for someone else who has a favorite. There are plenty of great options in all price points, I'll just get something else instead of paying 3x or even 2x retail.

I’m not usually a partaker, but I did have some Weller last night and it was nice.

Myself and the Ben Hogan crew indulged in some local deliciousness from Pegleg Porker. Grabbed a bottle to bring to event.

Which one?
Full proof. The Doc got a bottle about a month ago from a well to do pt as a thank you for delivering their twins. We opened it finally to enjoy around the fire pit. She’s the connoisseur, I’m typically the beer drinker. :LOL:

That I agree with, the secondary markets give a price that just isn't worth it for a lot of things. Unless it's a special occasion for someone else who has a favorite. There are plenty of great options in all price points, I'll just get something else instead of paying 3x or even 2x retail.
Absolutely fair, if it is hands-down somebody’s favorite in a special event it can be worth worth it, if it’s just to put a trophy in the liquor cabinet, You do you but I’ll take that difference and go get a tee time at a really nice course instead

Myself and the Ben Hogan crew indulged in some local deliciousness from Pegleg Porker. Grabbed a bottle to bring to event.

forgot the picture
C8236C83-E151-455C-BFF8-85DF85EAFEA7.jpeg

Last night's starter.. pretty good, not as good as the og WJ
20211030_191301.jpg

I was having a difficult time deciding what I wanted
20211030_185332.jpg

Great pic, rollin!

Sipped some Macallan Double Cask 12 year with some friends and it did not disappoint!

Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve tonight

View attachment 9040379

View attachment 9040381

Good grief! is EVERYTHING! on sale up there?

View attachment 9040379

View attachment 9040381

Well, I have to tell you, that you live in privileged position. I have never seen that whiskey in my life!

Last edited:
When you are trying to finalize the division budget for FY ‘22 sometimes you need the old standby
659A27EA-679F-488A-AAA1-5D0779FAA7EE.jpeg

sherry bombs! picked this up the other week. My friend and I also killed the Oban 14. Need to find another replacement.

IMG_8482.JPG

Cant find that around here either, a;though I have to admit that I have not searched that far! I don't really know why that is, unless I am purposely looking for way NOT to spend more money! I think that might be it!

Checked another local supermarket of the same name that sold the Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream, that had a liquor license. I thought that the chain might have a little pull! Maybe they do, but, it does not extend to this area! Found some new Bourbons that were new to me , but nothing that I was familiar with on these pages!

Here's one thing I do NOT understand! Back in the day, the Fed rules for Bourbon said it had to be distilled from 100% sour mash corn, distilled in Bourbon Co. Kentucky, And bottled there!I Now it seems to be much looser!

Cant find that around here either, a;though I have to admit that I have not searched that far! I don't really know why that is, unless I am purposely looking for way NOT to spend more money! I think that might be it!

Checked another local supermarket of the same name that sold the Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream, that had a liquor license. I thought that the chain might have a little pull! Maybe they do, but, it does not extend to this area! Found some new Bourbons that were new to me , but nothing that I was familiar with on these pages!

Here's one thing I do NOT understand! Back in the day, the Fed rules for Bourbon said it had to be distilled from 100% sour mash corn, distilled in Bourbon Co. Kentucky, And bottled there!I Now it seems to be much looser!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had some Larceny last night - it is vastly superior to the comparable Basil Hayden.

In NJ for my nephews wedding. Broke down and tried screwball. Interesting. But now, enjoying angels envy. Love this stuff.

In NJ for my nephews wedding. Broke down and tried screwball. Interesting. But now, enjoying angels envy. Love this stuff.
Similar with the screwball. It is what it is. Still have a 90% full bottle than never seems likenthe right time to break out.

My daughter said mix it with a chocolate liquor and magic happens Reese peanut butter cup. But, that’s not my thing.

Back