LIVE UPDATE THREAD The Project X Experience with Mizuno

We then got into the club building section with Pritchard which was very eye opening to me. There are 10 different stages each set goes through. I'll try to recall them each with pic. The first is the cutting station where each shaft is cut to its specified length via a machine that automatically adjusts to the correct length of the selected shaft.
20211118_094014.jpg

Next up the shaft end is sanded down and the grip applied using a laser system. You'll notice small notches at the top and bottom of your grip that are aligned to the laser line.
20211118_094059.jpg
Then the swing weight is verified and adjusted as needed.
20211118_094305.jpg

Then the adhesive is applied to the shaft end and the head is attached using something called Hardlock(?), unique to Mizuno, in a very specific amount.
20211118_094458.jpg

A mark is then placed on the head and shaft and it's pressure tested to ensure it doesn't move. The machine applies the pressure and then it's check to make sure there's still the one mark.
20211118_094849.jpg

They then laser engrave the order number on each club. This allows for easy replacement and access to the specs on that order.
20211118_095320.jpg

They're then boxed up and head to their excited new owner
20211118_095508.jpg
20211118_095618.jpg

It was very eye opening to me just how many people and checks are involved in the building process.

We then got into the club building section with Pritchard which was very eye opening to me. There are 10 different stages each set goes through. I'll try to recall them each with pic. The first is the cutting station where each shaft is cut to its specified length via a machine that automatically adjusts to the correct length of the selected shaft.
View attachment 9045428

Next up the shaft end is sanded down and the grip applied using a laser system. You'll notice small notches at the top and bottom of your grip that are aligned to the laser line.
View attachment 9045431
View attachment 9045432

Then the adhesive is applied to the shaft end and the head is attached using something called Hardlock(?), unique to Mizuno, in a very specific amount.
View attachment 9045438

A mark is then placed on the head and shaft and it's pressure tested to ensure it doesn't move. The machine applies the pressure and then it's check to make sure there's still the one mark.
View attachment 9045440

They then laser engrave the order number on each club. This allows for easy replacement and access to the specs on that order.
View attachment 9045441

View attachment 9045443
View attachment 9045444

It was very eye opening to me just how many people and checks are involved in the building process.
This may be the best single golf club building post ever! Awesome write up. Killing it big guy.

View attachment 9045428

View attachment 9045431
View attachment 9045432

View attachment 9045438

View attachment 9045440

View attachment 9045441

View attachment 9045443
View attachment 9045444

Dude! Well done on the pics and the info! That's freaking incredible and I feel like I was right there with ya!

Okay.

Hey @thewilderside... How was Mizuno?
Everything you can imagine and more. In addition to the golf equipment they also have all their other lines there as well. It was really impressive how well organized it was as well. Everything had It's specific spot.

Everything you can imagine and more. In addition to the golf equipment they also have all their other lines there as well. It was really impressive how well organized it was as well. Everything had It's specific spot.
Such a surreal experience walking through there today I bet!

Were you as infatuated with the conveyer belt/slide up above as I was when I took the tour a few years ago?

View attachment 9045428

View attachment 9045431
View attachment 9045432

View attachment 9045438

View attachment 9045440

View attachment 9045441

View attachment 9045443
View attachment 9045444

This is so amazingly good. Incredible plant.

View attachment 9045428

View attachment 9045431
View attachment 9045432

View attachment 9045438

View attachment 9045440

View attachment 9045441

View attachment 9045443
View attachment 9045444

Super interesting that they install the grip before head. Any reason why?

Fantastic job @thewilderside!! Big thanks to JB, Vosh & Keenan for such a fun follow.

Were you as infatuated with the conveyer belt/slide up above as I was when I took the tour a few years ago?
Yes and this is a good reminder. We were also all fascinated by the automatic box builder and box strapper 😆 I have a video but I'll have to try to upload from computer lol

View attachment 9045428

View attachment 9045431
View attachment 9045432

View attachment 9045438

View attachment 9045440

View attachment 9045441

View attachment 9045443
View attachment 9045444

This is exactly what I wanted go see. Thanks for sharing!

Yes and this is a good reminder. We were also all fascinated by the automatic box builder and box strapper 😆 I have a video but I'll have to try to upload from computer lol
Video! Yes please!

Sounds like you are having an amazing time!!!! Great pictures!!!! There is a video on youtube of a club build in the Mizuno plant and its quite interesting to watch.

Back