What is the Best Srixon Golf Ball?

QStar Tour is a good bit softer than ZStar.

Not sure I agree with Srixon that ZStar XV feels "soft". I'd rate that one "firm". Whatever.

1642531319208.png

1642531402520.png

1642531498709.png

1642531532384.png

Q Star Tour has me feeling a certain sort of way.

Trying to wrap my head around committing to something like Divide would be challenging, but a cheaper urethane option that performs better? Uhhhh yeah.

Q Star Tour has me feeling a certain sort of way.

Trying to wrap my head around committing to something like Divide would be challenging, but a cheaper urethane option that performs better? Uhhhh yeah.
Have you putted with it? After playing Z Star snd XV awhile it feels really soft almost spungy off the putter. Softer than Chromesoft.
If takes adjustment for me due to that “spring”.

Have you putted with it? After playing Z Star snd XV awhile it feels really soft almost spungy off the putter. Softer than Chromesoft.
If takes adjustment for me due to that “spring”.
I love the sound of a 70ish compression ball off the putter - it's probably why I like milled putters with very fine milling so much.

Last edited:
I love the sound of a 70ish compression ball off the putter - it's probably why I like milled putters with very fine milling so much.
Its always an interesting thing.
If sound of a putter is such a crucial element, an insert can control the sound significantly better than that of a milled putter.

Its always an interesting thing.
If sound of a putter is such a crucial element, an insert can control the sound significantly better than that of a milled putter.
heck yeah! And inserts vs milling vs milling depth that pretty much cover the spectrum regardless of what ball is down on the ground.

Will definitely watch this tonight....always like to see @Canadan in the Tech Studio.

Is the Z Star Diamond comparable to the new Chrome Soft LS X?

Thinking I might have to seriously reconsider the QST and stop thinking of it as a discount ball or tier 2...

Thinking I might have to seriously reconsider the QST and stop thinking of it as a discount ball or tier 2...

It really isn't - I've enjoyed playing it immensely. Great performance all around, and with my swing speed/skill I'm not going to spin a premium ball so that extra $15-$20 per dozen is wasted. And that's not saying the QST doesn't bite - I've had plenty of short irons and wedges stop within a few feet of it's pitch mark. It's just a solidly priced and solidly performing ball.

It really isn't - I've enjoyed playing it immensely. Great performance all around, and with my swing speed/skill I'm not going to spin a premium ball so that extra $15-$20 per dozen is wasted. And that's not saying the QST doesn't bite - I've had plenty of short irons and wedges stop within a few feet of it's pitch mark. It's just a solidly priced and solidly performing ball.
yeah I originally played Trispeed tour due to a great deal, but felt kinda rough, then moved to Z star because I thought I needed that tour specs. I played and shot well with QST and for some reason the "alure" of the Z was always greater than QST, but it flat out performs.

I guess as much as people flock to certain brands because the tour has them I did the same for QST and for that I am sorry!

I have played many rounds with the Q-Star Tour and found it to be a very good ball. I may play it again this year. But, I don't think I can play the Q-Star Tour Divide. I played a similar ball years ago and the two colors on the same ball drove me nuts. I have enough issues to deal with. :ROFLMAO:

That was a fantastic video. I've played a bunch of golf with both ZStar and XV, usually leaning toward XV. I am looking forward to trying the Diamond this year, it looks like it has a lot of potential.

I fully expected that result from the Q-Star Tour. I had been gaming the Z-Star, but in the latter par of last season I played the Q-Star Tour. I noticed it was a little clickier off the club face, but I didn't notice loss of any feel with my putter. It still held greens very well. I noticed no loss of performance. I'll be playing predominantly the Q-Star Tour this year.

Screenshot_20220118-093005_YouTube.jpg

I'd love to see the club data screen on that set. The dispersion chart upper right implies some of the results that seem a little different than Srixon's advertising and other testing that's been done so far on the diamond. Maybe a little different delivery numbers with those.

View attachment 9060878

I'd love to see the club data screen on that set. The dispersion chart upper right implies some of the results that seem a little different than Srixon's advertising and other testing that's been done so far on the diamond. Maybe a little different delivery numbers with those.
I hit a lot of shots, dumped the outliers, and it was all done within the same 15-20 minute window. Actually, I started with Q Star Tour AND wrapped up with it.

Really, it's just intended to be a baseline for anyone chasing their 2022 ball, kind of like me. I'm sure at some point we can do a ball Q&A live hitting session or something during the year.

I must have weird hands as I have always found my Q-Star Tours to be super clicky.
Bored during a phone call today wearing my noise cancelling headphones I was doing some 10ft putts and 10ft chips with a Kirkland v2.0, a ProV1 and my Q Star Divides and without any auditory input, the ProV1 felt the softest of them all.
Take the headphones off, and the sound of the Q-Star makes it seem the softest but to my hands with no noise to correlate to impact that is not the case.
I found it actually made the biggest difference as to where I hit on the putter face. Given my putter has quite a soft insert, if I was a bit shallow or deep on the face and towards the metal edge is where I got the most feedback.

Confirmed I am still weird.

I enjoy both the Z star and XV but would roll with the Qstar tour, have played that ball before and checks all the boxes and the price point is better.

@Canadan you are kinda making me upset at this very moment.

Back