Returning a club to GolfSmith

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Question

If you remove the store stickers from a new driver lets say, but you want to return it withing the granted 30 day period, will they take it back? The club still looks like new, no dings, scratches or dents

AND

I do have the receipt.

Question

If you remove the store stickers from a new driver lets say, but you want to return it withing the granted 30 day period, will they take it back? The club still looks like new, no dings, scratches or dents

AND

I do have the receipt.

I believe they have a 90 day playability guarantee. They'll take it back but at a percentage of the price (I want to say it's in the 90-95% range). Think of it as a restocking fee. If you have the receipt, I believe they have it on the back if not just look at their website and it'll lay it out there for you.

Yes, just because you have removed stickers shouldn't change if they will return the club. My Golfsmith always asks at the time of check-out if I want the stickers removed and which ones, they will then do this for me with a little heat from a heat gun to get all the adhesive off.

Question

AND

I do have the receipt.

Would not think the stickers would have anything to do with a return.

Not sure what you spent but just an FYI that the 90 day playability guarantee only applies to driver purchases over $249. I bought a Callaway Diablo Edge before finding this forum and tried to return it next day and was it a no go (paid $149).

I believe they have a 90 day playability guarantee. They'll take it back but at a percentage of the price (I want to say it's in the 90-95% range). Think of it as a restocking fee. If you have the receipt, I believe they have it on the back if not just look at their website and it'll lay it out there for you.

It is 90% however I got other merchandise they gave me 100%.. Good luck

• Admin
OK thanks. I thought maybe it would be an issue.

BTW their new policy is anything over $240 for a driver and its only 30 days and 90%. Used to 90 days.

They have different $$$ limits for different clubs as well.

I paid $249 for my Ping G15 so it qualifies. I don't absolutely love it, but I don't hate either. Just have about 10 days left to decide and was just curious. I thought I read somewhere not to take the stickers off.

That's news to me. I got 90% for years on any clubs within 90 days from the local Golfsmith before they just closed. I go to Golf Mart now which is 100% within 90 days and you can do that twice, which is one reason my bag has changed so much recently...

OK thanks. I thought maybe it would be an issue.

BTW their new policy is anything over $240 for a driver and its only 30 days and 90%. Used to 90 days.

They have different $$$ limits for different clubs as well.

I paid $249 for my Ping G15 so it qualifies. I don't absolutely love it, but I don't hate either. Just have about 10 days left to decide and was just curious. I thought I read somewhere not to take the stickers off.

It is 90% however I got other merchandise they gave me 100%.. Good luck

They will give you 100% if its returned in new condition.

Question

AND

I do have the receipt.

If they have you as a customer in their system you don't even need a receipt. Most times I've gotten 100% within the first 30 days and 90-95% thereafter.

So I have defintely decided to return the driver. This is the statement on their site "Clubs can only be exchanged for new clubs. No cash will be refunded." You can use this on anything right? You don't have to purchase another driver correct?

I am getting fitted at GolfTEC tomorrow morning for irons. I am hoping maybe I can squeeze some info out of them for a driver as well???...If not I intend to purchase a new putter as they only let you return the club 1 time under their playability guarantee and I don't want to screw it up again.

Yes, you get a store credit and can use it on anything.

If they have you as a customer in their system you don't even need a receipt. Most times I've gotten 100% within the first 30 days and 90-95% thereafter.

I originally got the I15 and didn't like it as much as the G15. I hit the I15 5 times with absolutely no marks on the face or anywhere. They only gave me 90% back.

I returned it within 2 days.

That's news to me. I got 90% for years on any clubs within 90 days from the local Golfsmith before they just closed. I go to Golf Mart now which is 100% within 90 days and you can do that twice, which is one reason my bag has changed so much recently...

Golf Mart is amazing. As kellerjam said they give you 100% back in store credit if it's within 90 days. There is also no limit on purchase price.

I've returned stuff to Golfsmith with no problems. No clubs however.

Back