Cobra KING Tour Irons with MIM Technology

I’ve tried everything. I just can’t make myself take these out of the bag. Some more forgiveness on thin strikes would be welcomed but these are as good as it gets
I'm glad you're still picking these over everything...I just bought them earlier this year from results from a fitting and they're all I can ask of in this iron.

I didn't hit others as well, P770 and Mizuno Pro 223 were the closest, but these won out for my bag

I'm glad you're still picking these over everything...I just bought them earlier this year from results from a fitting and they're all I can ask of in this iron.

I didn't hit others as well, P770 and Mizuno Pro 223 were the closest, but these won out for my bag
There is one upcoming release that will get a chance. The 223s would be considered if I knew I could get them in hand. Just no real issues other than over spinning these. I can work on that.

There is one upcoming release that will get a chance. The 223s would be considered if I knew I could get them in hand. Just no real issues other than over spinning these. I can work on that.
What upcoming release?

Also I'll gladly take spin on my irons, so when these spin up I'm not overly concerned :LOL:

What upcoming release?

Also I'll gladly take spin on my irons, so when these spin up I'm not overly concerned :LOL:
I spin much more outside. I get a steeper AoA The wind is hard on these. Won’t hijack the thread with the other release. These are good. Morgan Cuppers should partake

43% GIR losing 3.5 strokes gained per round on approach. -1.9 for shots from the fairway and 0.7 on par 3s. 35% of all approach shots are short. My putting statistics look a little worse than they really are. Average proximity on greens in regularion is 20-26 feet away and all others 52 feet. Is this a "I want something new: paralysis by analysis" or a real problem I should start considering to lower my scores?

43% GIR losing 3.5 strokes gained per round on approach. -1.9 for shots from the fairway and 0.7 on par 3s. 35% of all approach shots are short. My putting statistics look a little worse than they really are. Average proximity on greens in regularion is 20-26 feet away and all others 52 feet. Is this a "I want something new: paralysis by analysis" or a real problem I should start considering to lower my scores?

When you are trying to hit the green on your approach shot how do you select which club to hit?

When you are trying to hit the green on your approach shot how do you select which club to hit?
By distance and conditions. I play a draw on a stock shot that can lead to a push but that really doesn't happen often. Finding the ball spinning a lot. Much higher shots than planned most days even on draws.

Picked up the 4 iron from cobra golf to finish up the set. Now have the 4-PW and feel comfortable with everything. Now the ponder to change out the SZ 3 wood or not.

Picked up the 4 iron from cobra golf to finish up the set. Now have the 4-PW and feel comfortable with everything. Now the ponder to change out the SZ 3 wood or not.
The difference in forgiveness between the 4 iron and 3 iron is substantial hahaha The pain is real.

That's why I stopped at the 4 haha
If I didn't have the copper i wouldn't have gotten the 3 to match. I'll have this set forever. The 3 iron will likely be in mint condition except the hosel :ROFLMAO:

By distance and conditions. I play a draw on a stock shot that can lead to a push but that really doesn't happen often. Finding the ball spinning a lot. Much higher shots than planned most days even on draws.

How do you determine distance?

What golf ball do you play?

What golf ball are you in right now good sir?

Coming up short on approach shots is frustrating, especially when you hit the ball well.

When I was playing Taylormade PSI irons a few years ago I would get about 2 shots a round that would be fliers that went 15 yards longer than normal. Started to account for them and came up short a lot more often. After the badges on the back of the club started lifting up and the sharp pointy corners bit me in the hand when I reached for a club they got traded in for a set of Titleist AP3 irons. The AP3 irons were much cleaner on the back and that started my transition to minimalist type of irons. I played over 700 rounds of golf with the AP3s including some of my best rounds ever but the lofts were pretty strong and I had yardage gapping issues resulting in 5 wedges in the bag. I would also fight a draw that sometimes became a hook with them.

After having a set of Corey Paul wedges and being very impressed with them I was able to pick up a very slightly used set of their cavity back irons on EBay which were very similar in dimensions to the AP3 irons but with more traditional lofts. The AP3 7 iron had the same loft as the new CP 6 iron and produced the same yardages. Loved them except for the shape of the PW. A few months later I picked up a set of Corey Paul minimalist blade heads, also lightly used from EBay, and paired them with a set of shaft pulls thinking that I would make a combo set. But I fell in love with the blades right away and found them to be just as equally forgiving as the cavity backs but with better looks, feel and turf interaction so I switched out the remaining cavity backs and am playing all blades. Very consistent yardages.

The reason I asked about what ball you were using is that I generally am trying to fight spin and I’ve noticed certain balls spin more than others and those balls give me less distance sometimes because of the extra spin.

I’ve had success with the Bridgestone Tour BRX as a ball that gives me adequate spin around the greens without sacrificing distance, especially with my irons. It may be worth trying in addition to the Tour BX.

In the last two years moved to using the middle to back yardages as my determining factor in club selection regardless of where the pin is on the green since I come up short about 5X more than I go over the green. Also been clubbing up and swinging a little smoother to take spin off. When I swing hard the ball tends to fligh higher and spin a lot more especially with my wedges.

At our course the greens are small, elevated and the area in front of most of the greens is soft so the ball won’t get up if your short. Long is only really bad on a few holes.

Looking forward to getting the Cobra King Tour MIM irons to dial in before the Morgan Cup.

I have tried a ton of irons this year and always go back to these in times where it matters. They feel good, look good and are a super consistent set of irons.

I have tried a ton of irons this year and always go back to these in times where it matters. They feel good, look good and are a super consistent set of irons.
I agree. I am looking for a more distance oriented set as well. I spin these a lot and it hurts my distance. 8k on a 7 iron.

I agree. I am looking for a more distance oriented set as well. I spin these a lot and it hurts my distance. 8k on a 7 iron.
Wow, 8k on a 7i...yea, that's a lot of spin

I get just about 7k on an 8i...with the additional height from previous iron sets I've played makes this set ideal for me

Well I'm no @Jman, but I was getting my 7i carrying 173-177y today with similar spin, but only 47-48° descent angles. For me a 177y 7i is crushed...I don't think that'll be what I'm gunning for on the course...maybe total distance on a dry day, but if I'm carrying about 170y with my 7i that's a solid day
Those are good numbers! And, these are marvelous irons!

Now, do you want me to go actually try and swing hard? 😛

Those are good numbers! And, these are marvelous irons!

Now, do you want me to go actually try and swing hard? 😛
No, I don't...I think I pulled a muscle getting the 177y 7i today :LOL:

I just looked at the numbers again, my spin was a touch higher than yours and my peak height about 10 feet less, but still solid numbers from me today

I’ll enter the swing hard competition lol it’s about all I do well 😂😂

Ball striking right now just isn't up to par for me to be gaming these. I'm going to purchase an extra set to go along with these. Obviously they aren't going anywhere but I'm now looking at some chunky types.

Got to hit the copper version of these last week and they look so good with that finish!

Got to hit the copper version of these last week and they look so good with that finish!
They have worn really nice as well. I’ll get some pictures outside tomorrow

Back