That's really interesting. I've been looking at an electric cart so this will get consideration.

Nice article, always like these "Brand Stories", especially on companies that make cool niche products.

906003896r2d2-c3po-animated-gif-5.gif

That's really interesting. I've been looking at an electric cart so this will get consideration.
If you own a push cart, it is a worthy consideration.

Nice article, always like these "Brand Stories", especially on companies that make cool niche products.

906003896r2d2-c3po-animated-gif-5.gif
Droids make everything more fun.

I was one of the early crowdfunders for the V2 and now own two. Both retrofitted to ClicGear 3.5s. I only needed support early on for a loose wire and their customer service was exceptional. My wife and I both walk our extremely hilly home course in Central VA and the V2s don't even break a sweat. Just under 8 miles and 40+ floors per my Samsung Active watch for 18 holes. I added and use their TFS (Tether Follow Sensor) for my cart with no remote and it's just like a caddie following you with your bag.
Obviously a fan.....

I had version 1 and thought it was amazing. A remote controlled golf cart for what I thought was a very reasonable price. I used it for pretty much every round for 3 years and then moved and joined a course where walking is not really a good option (very hilly course and much distance between greens and tees). But if I was still walking, I’d get version 2 for sure. Great company, great products and great service.

I bought a V2 from the original Indie Gogo campaign. Best golf purchase I have ever made. 2 of my friends already have bought one. I made a video review for people to see it in action.

M

I really enjoyed learning more about Alphard during this write up. We have a brand story coming up tomorrow that will be a lot of fun.

Every time I use it (which is all the time) I get looks and questions. I should be a brand ambassador for them! I've helper sell several and I point them to budget golf!

You conveyed all this journey for Alphard in a way that brought Alex to life. I think we sensed a sense of humor, a LOVE of the electronics and software and a ready quick sense of what works and doesn't - e.g. the way he described hoverboard makers making thousands per day and the challenge of getting into that firehose.
Well done.
I wonder about his father Constantine? his role? his influence? he's been mentioned as a cofounder
Also will the sidekick work with existing models? like the V2?
Thanks for digging into this and sharing it so well

Played today with two golfing buddies that play together a lot. Both had the V2. One a clicgear 8.0 and another I didn't check but was 3 wheel.

The clicgear guy had purchased the two front spin wheel accessory as it drained the battery to quick without it he said. Makes sense.

I picked their brain the whole round and probably thought I was nuts. The lack of gyro keeping it straight was an issue for me before. After I saw them today maneuvering it down the course, it didn't seem that big of deal.

Asked them about the follow or come to me accessory side kick and both told me it wasn't worth the money to pursue for them.

I'll be watching the sales this holiday season, but they both said they got an email about a price increase coming:(.

Played today with two golfing buddies that play together a lot. Both had the V2. One a clicgear 8.0 and another I didn't check but was 3 wheel.

The clicgear guy had purchased the two front spin wheel accessory as it drained the battery to quick without it he said. Makes sense.

I picked their brain the whole round and probably thought I was nuts. The lack of gyro keeping it straight was an issue for me before. After I saw them today maneuvering it down the course, it didn't seem that big of deal.

Asked them about the follow or come to me accessory side kick and both told me it wasn't worth the money to pursue for them.

I'll be watching the sales this holiday season, but they both said they got an email about a price increase coming:(.
It makes sense the increase is coming based on everything else. I know @Jman likes the follow feature, but overall it’s a really solid option.

As a person with an electric caddy that has gyro and one that doesn’t, it adds virtually nothing in my opinion.

It makes sense the increase is coming based on everything else. I know @Jman likes the follow feature, but overall it’s a really solid option.

As a person with an electric caddy that has gyro and one that doesn’t, it adds virtually nothing in my opinion.
I think it’s cool, it’s really well done, but I find the remote in the pocket way easier most days

So many great options out there now and that's great for those of us looking for these! I think the follow or come to me would be great, not necessarily a deal breaker for any of them. Gyro is cool but not a necessity I think now.

I kinda want the all included carts, but this is a solid starter option for those already having a push cart?

Options are great, and sometimes get in the way:D.

Have some time anyway, so the hunt will continue. Just thought it was cool to see two buddies having this one and enjoying the heck out of them.

So many great options out there now and that's great for those of us looking for these! I think the follow or come to me would be great, not necessarily a deal breaker for any of them. Gyro is cool but not a necessity I think now.

I kinda want the all included carts, but this is a solid starter option for those already having a push cart?

Options are great, and sometimes get in the way:D.

Have some time anyway, so the hunt will continue. Just thought it was cool to see two buddies having this one and enjoying the heck out of them.
I use my motocaddy almost exclusively and have a number of carts, but you are right, if you have a push cart this makes a ton of sense

Reactions: J4U
I use my motocaddy almost exclusively and have a number of carts, but you are right, if you have a push cart this makes a ton of sense
The motocaddy is the leader if trigger was to be pulled for a full blown right now. Just waiting to see what they have up their sleeves as you guys made mention earlier this year in that thread/event.

Thanks for the input sir!

Didn't mean to throw in other brands, my bad. Was just impressed with what these were doing today and think it's a great option out there. The two guys are overjoyed with them and rightfully so based on what I was seeing.

Didn't mean to throw in other brands, my bad. Was just impressed with what these were doing today and think it's a great option out there. The two guys are overjoyed with them and rightfully so based on what I was seeing.
They are definitely rock solid and super popular around this area

Reactions: J4U
I bought the V2 and cart together for under $900 and am happy with my purchase. I compared all of the brands and models and the V2 was the best deal for me. The only real downside that I have found so far is I can't make it 2 rounds on a charge.

Finally pulled the trigger on the V2 plus Alphard cart. The wheels are amazing, saves so much energy over an 18. The cart itself is okay, but I think some other brands might still be superior. I was worried about fussing with and carrying the remote the whole time, but turns out I don't mind it at all. (I did preorder the sidekick feature, though,and curious to see it next year!)

Back