Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all these great players irons coming out, I so want some! I just don't which way to go; MCs, Nike Combos or RXTs.

Callaway RAZR X Tour

Oh okay got it. I have hit those but was not in love with them really liked the nike pro combo's but not sure if to stay with the stock shaft or go with the project x. Any ideas?

Callaway RAZR X Tour

Oh okay got it. I have hit those but was not in love with them really liked the nike pro combo's but not sure if to stay with the stock shaft or go with the project x. Any ideas?

It's not the answer you want to hear, but you should get a fitting if you are going to spend that kind of money. Mizuno shaft optimizer should help you.

With all these great players irons coming out, I so want some! I just don't which way to go; MCs, Nike Combos or RXTs.

Of the 3 I think the RXT's are the easiest to hit. I really liked the feel of the Nike's at the outing, but preferred the MC's(of course I had been gaming them for a while at that point so I am a little biased).

picked up a Cleveland Lightweight Cart Bag for my dad for Father's Day. I liked it so much I told Nerfny that it is what I want for father's day

Nice! I will definitely have to check that one out. The price is really good too.

Now that I am thinking about it, I want a set of Cleveland 588 wedges.

Of the 3 I think the RXT's are the easiest to hit. I really liked the feel of the Nike's at the outing, but preferred the MC's(of course I had been gaming them for a while at that point so I am a little biased).

I have hit those and thought they were good too. I need another demo day!

I need to find a 3W I like.
I've been stressing over 3 woods since the first of the month. I can't pop for a new one (when did they all go up to freakin' $200?!)
I've been killing myself trying to determine which of the older models is best that is still available somewhere for cheap.

I've been stressing over 3 woods since the first of the month. I can't pop for a new one (when did they all go up to freakin' $200?!)
I've been killing myself trying to determine which of the older models is best that is still available somewhere for cheap.

Check it the Taylormade superfast 3w in last years flavor. Very good club.

Tapatalk: better on the iPad

Check it the Taylormade superfast 3w in last years flavor. Very good club.

Tapatalk: better on the iPad

Yes, yes it is. Just got one myself.

Full ponder mode on the Hirzl gloves and a new 3 wood shaft.

Pondering a new flat stick. Went to a store and tried a hole bunch of putters. At the end of the session I pretty much narrowed it down to a seemore or a Wilson putter. The seemore was the best one, no questions asked, but the Wilson stick was almost as good but way better price. The seemore FGP at 200€ and the Wilson 8883 at 70€. Having a really hard time to decide. And could also go with the TM-880 classic, felt as good as the Wilson. Would love to try a TM-880 ghost also before deciding. Harder than I thought...

Tappin' for world peace!

It's not the answer you want to hear, but you should get a fitting if you are going to spend that kind of money. Mizuno shaft optimizer should help you.

I hear you on the fitting. Would you say there is one fitting place better than another, golfsmith, golftec ?

I hear you on the fitting. Would you say there is one fitting place better than another, golfsmith, golftec ?

I'm not really the one to ask as we don't have either of them around here. I'm sure there are some people that can chime in.

Forgiving? Straight? I have 'issues' with hitting off some turf.

Anyone who is interested for a FW look at the R9 line. You can snag some cheap used deals (some of them don't even look used). Great turf interaction and super easy to hit. It's still in my bag and I'd be hard pressed to let it go (and I've hit some newer models at the demo day as well).

Golftec is probably the most thorough but also the priciest. You do get what you pay for. As far as your iron dilemma on those three, I went with the RXT's as I found them the most forgiving out of the three. I really wanted to like the MC's but they were very unforgiving. If you want a players type iron I'd toss in the Mizuno JPX800 Pros and the Wilson FG Tours to that list. Have fun hitting them!

I will take your suggestions into consideration. Thanks.

I called a local place that does club fittings, and they said it was $150 for an iron fitting which he said would be about 2 hours. Do you guys think that sounds about right ?

I called a local place that does club fittings, and they said it was $150 for an iron fitting which he said would be about 2 hours. Do you guys think that sounds about right ?

Would it come off the price of the irons if you purchase through them?

That's way too expensive.

Mizunos shaft optimizer: 5 minutes.

Lie tape: 5 swings.

Face tape: 5 swings.

Fitted.

That's way too expensive.

Mizunos shaft optimizer: 5 minutes.

Lie tape: 5 swings.

Face tape: 5 swings.

Fitted.

Totally agree with Thainer here man.

Would it come off the price of the irons if you purchase through them?

Definitely a key question because if not, that sounds too expensive for such little detail. I'd get more info on what they do for "iron fitting".

Definitely a key question because if not, that sounds too expensive for such little detail. I'd get more info on what they do for "iron fitting".

Thanks for the quick reply guys. So when i spoke to him on the phone early today he said basically he would check out my current clubs then he would set me up on a launch monitor, he would check the results make the adjustments with the different clubs he has. He would go through length, lie angle and shaft analysis. I then emailed him to get the break down on the pricing and he said : (The iron fitting runs $150, which includes wedge analysis. A wood fitting encompasses driver, fairway wds, and hybrids -- also $150. If you are leaning that way, you might consider a full fitting at $275, which also includes putter evaluation, (on it's own -- $75). ) When i asked him if the cost would come off the price of the clubs if i order them he said that the simple answer was "no" , but Any purchase that i may choose to make will be competitively priced and the he may charge for his time, but that no one should have to pay a premium for buying equipment through a fitter. He also guarantee satisfaction for a year if it fail to match, or your game changes significantly within a year, we will re-build the clubs at no cost.
Any thoughts ?

Thanks for the quick reply guys. So when i spoke to him on the phone early today he said basically he would check out my current clubs then he would set me up on a launch monitor, he would check the results make the adjustments with the different clubs he has. He would go through length, lie angle and shaft analysis. I then emailed him to get the break down on the pricing and he said : (The iron fitting runs $150, which includes wedge analysis. A wood fitting encompasses driver, fairway wds, and hybrids -- also $150. If you are leaning that way, you might consider a full fitting at $275, which also includes putter evaluation, (on it's own -- $75). ) When i asked him if the cost would come off the price of the clubs if i order them he said that the simple answer was "no" , but Any purchase that i may choose to make will be competitively priced and the he may charge for his time, but that no one should have to pay a premium for buying equipment through a fitter. He also guarantee satisfaction for a year if it fail to match, or your game changes significantly within a year, we will re-build the clubs at no cost.
Any thoughts ?

Pretty much sounds like what I did at the local golf galaxy (the steps that my buddy Thainer up above pretty much described) and it cost me $0.00 dollars. The only difference is he might go through yardage gaps with the irons through to the wedges and consult for choices but those things you can pretty much figure out on your own if you're resourceful (you found THP so that's gotta be a plus). If there's a Golftec nearby, call them and get pricing and info on what they offer and compare it to this service. Good to shop around especially if it's a significant investment you are making.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back