100 yards carry is a full 54* wedge for me, and really the only club I would hit from that yardage.

+1.

85 yards is a full 60* for me.

I prefer the full swing on all clubs. It gives me a backstop.

Full swing with a 50 degree wedge for me at 100 yards. About 75 yards full swing with a 56 degree wedge. Below that I'm partial swing as I don't carry anything higher than that 56 degree. I have a pretty good 25 yard gap there, so I will back off that 50 degree wedge but I have a real tough time at those distances doing that.

If conditions are pretty standard, at 100 yards I prefer the 3/4 swing with the 56 degree.

I hit a 56* (at max) 80 yards. So if I'm inside that, Its a 56*. Outside that, its a cut down PW (Strong, 46*)

im pretty new at this entire golf thing, but i find that when i try to half or 3/4 swing that i have a greater rate of errors ( i dont think i hit the same half or 3/4 point in my back swing).
I tend to try to full swing everything, unless bad conditions dictate otherwise then i will try to hit it in low.

I use my 60* from 100 yards in. It's a full shot at 100 then it's just a feel shot inside of that. Those distances are some that I practice more than just about any other and I'm more comfortable when I get inside of 100 than I am anywhere else. There are days when I will spend a couple of hours hitting nothing but 3/4 and 1/2 shots with that club.

I used to hit a full 56* for a 100-110 shot, but have been choking up on my PW and hitting a lot of 3/4 shots. I seem to hit it where I aim most of the time and my distance control is starting to get pretty good doing this. I carry a 60*, but rarely hit a full shot with it. I find it easier to hit 1/4 - 3/4 swings with my 56* for shots inside of 100 yds.

The only wedge I swing full (for the most part) is the PW. The others I use for touch shots or my 'full' wedge swing, which is really more like a 3/4 swing. I have much more control that way.

+1. I don't even think I could tell you what my yardage is for a full swing on GW or SW or LW. I just never take full swings with them even in practice

playing with v grooves i dont really worry about full swing or not, more trajectory control based on the lie and the pin position. this helps a lot to control the spin and distance properly. i like to know the exact distance but depending on the particular shot, i might try to destroy a lob wedge from 90 yards out or hit a low, baby sandwedge. it really helps to be able to play any kind of shot you want from 100 and in

I'm a rather short hitter with the irons... What I consider my full PW swing is right as 100 - 105 yards. My UW is about 90 yards for a full swing, my SW is around 75 yards, and my 60 degree wedge is good for 60 - 65 on a full swing.
I'm not low capper, but I do tend to hit a variety of shots, and not just from inside 100 yards. In my last round I think I hit short approach shots with everything from my 8 iron to my 60 LW.
Also, during my last round I hit a choked down easy 7 iron to 2' on a 130 - 135 yard down hill hole and then used the same 7 iron on a 160 yard hole and was pin high, 20' away. While those holes are longer than 100 yards, I think general idea of being creative with your shot making still applies.

I don't hit many full shots from 100 and in....I tend to "balloon" my lob wedge with a full swing and come up short. I have really been working on 50 yards and in and have gotten deadly with the little low one bounce and stop dead shot.

The work I've done from 50 and in is really what I think has dropped my handicap 6 shots in 5 months.

I've gone full 58 (which to me is about 3/4 since that's how far I want my wedges to go) to 1/2 PW. Just depends on the type of shot I need and the variables surrounding that shot.

Depending on the situation, I might use something less lofted and run it up (or at least keep it low).

I much prefer full swings. 100 yards isn't quite a full swing for me so I'll back off on SW. I hit my 56* SW 110 yards with a full swing.

100-115 is a 3/4-full 56* for me. I have trouble hitting in between 50-80 yards.

Thats cause you're a beast!

100 yards is a full swing 60* for me. I will definitely take the 56/SW out and hit a knockdown or 3/4 shot if need be though. Depends on how I'm feeling that day and what I'm looking at. But those are pretty much my only options.

My SW is that yardage, but I hate the feeling I get standing over that shot. I tend to hit it fat. Lately I have used a 3/4ish PW knock down. Better consistency AND I am getting the distance correct most of the time.

+1. I don't even think I could tell you what my yardage is for a full swing on GW or SW or LW. I just never take full swings with them even in practice

+2, pretty much the same here.

I don't really give the wedge a full swing unless I have too. I feel that I can control the ball better with a half or 3/4 swing.

I'm deadly with my GW around 100 yards. It isn't a full swing like I would take with my other irons, but a good crisp smooth tempo swing. I never feel like I have to power that gap wedge. I would only hit my SW or LW with a full swing if everything is green light: hole placement requires a dead stop/soft landing, the right lie in the fairway (or rough more likely!) and approaching at the proper angle. Otherwise, I'll power down and aim for the middle of the green and take my medicine.

100 yards and in its almost always my 58 unless greens slope where I would use my 52 if around the green.

At 100-110 I use my AW, Under 100 to 85 I will hit my 56*. I will take the full swing at those distances anything under for me is feel.

My full 54* goes 95 yards. I try to avoid laying up to exactly 100 yards for that reason. I would rather give myself a fuller PW around 115 yards or get inside 95 yards. But I'm not afraid to hit full swing with any of my wedges, or to hit them at 3/4 or 1/2 swings. It's the longer irons that give me trouble.

Inside 100 yards I rarely hit a full shot. I hit a lot of 1/2 3/4 shots using different clubs. To me wedges are better used hitting partial shots instead of full swing shots.

Back