Tour Edge Exotics 722 Drivers

I am hitting the E722 so well right now that I’m not sure when it will come out of the bag. Three rounds in and I have to say I am hitting 85% of fairways right now. I seem to be getting good distance off the tee.

its such an easy club to hit right?

It is honestly baffling. I feel like I just point and shoot. Yesterday I played 36 and looking at my stats I only missed 2 fairways when I pulled driver.
Its so much fun and it really is grab it and swing. Its so forgiving and gets it up there quickly which is great.

It is honestly baffling. I feel like I just point and shoot. Yesterday I played 36 and looking at my stats I only missed 2 fairways when I pulled driver.
Last time out I got a little loose with my swing so I didn't get the same results as I had been with point and shoot, but I was only out of position twice on the tee with the E722. I've been having fun with the driver this year

Its so much fun and it really is grab it and swing. Its so forgiving and gets it up there quickly which is great.
I can’t say the last time I’ve hit the ball as high as I do with the E722. Just delivers a piercing ball flight.

Coming from the EXS220, I wasn't expecting huge gains with the E722 but I have been so tickled with this driver. Gained around 15% in fairways hit and average distance has increased. Last year I averaged 228 off the tee. So far this year it's been 243. This was HUGE as I'm a short knocker compared to most. Stock 7 iron is 140-145. I'm also liking the Ventus Blue stock shaft that is in it. The shaft stays right with me no matter what kind of swing I put on it. 80% seems to be the sweet spot. As long as I turn and get to my left side, the club delivers. I have miine set at 9.5 at 60 degrees. (UO setting with a 9.5 head) This gives me a lower, more piercing ball flight than the EXS which was a 10.5 head paired with a HZRDUS Smoke shaft. The EXS is no slouch but this thing has helped my game improve off the tee.

Coming from the EXS220, I wasn't expecting huge gains with the E722 but I have been so tickled with this driver. Gained around 15% in fairways hit and average distance has increased. Last year I averaged 228 off the tee. So far this year it's been 243. This was HUGE as I'm a short knocker compared to most. Stock 7 iron is 140-145. I'm also liking the Ventus Blue stock shaft that is in it. The shaft stays right with me no matter what kind of swing I put on it. 80% seems to be the sweet spot. As long as I turn and get to my left side, the club delivers. I have miine set at 9.5 at 60 degrees. (UO setting with a 9.5 head) This gives me a lower, more piercing ball flight than the EXS which was a 10.5 head paired with a HZRDUS Smoke shaft. The EXS is no slouch but this thing has helped my game improve off the tee.
Did you use the Speed Tested shaft recommendation?

I can’t say the last time I’ve hit the ball as high as I do with the E722. Just delivers a piercing ball flight.
I wouldn't call my flights piercing. Towering maybe, ballooning for sure. I had to dial mine down to a 7.5° loft and use a Chrome Soft XLS.

Did you use the Speed Tested shaft recommendation?
No, I knew I wanted to try the Ventus so just bought it. I have 4 other driver shafts that work for me so I wasn't worried if it didn't work out but it has been great so far.

I wouldn't call my flights piercing. Towering maybe, ballooning for sure. I had to dial mine down to a 7.5° loft and use a Chrome Soft XLS.
Ive had a few like that but those were hit high on the face.

I am starting to see the good distance numbers off of the E722 come up. More fequently I am seeing total drivers over 290 and more often over 300. It's nice to have the confidence in this club.

Well, I'm no @blugold with the distance on my E722, but spent some time on the sim today with it just to see how my driver swing was after a 2 week hiatus from golf.

I watched a Rick Shiels video on the 3 mistakes with a driver swing and how to fix them...well that was a bad idea...I tried the tips, while I'm sure they're good, they did not help me. I couldn't hit the ball well for anything, I was concerned my driver swing (and outstanding SG stats) we're gone for the summer...

Then I scrapped those tips and just "swung my swing" and piped 3 drives that carried 260 and rolled out to nearly the pin I had set up 275y away. One was 2y short and would have rolled in (if I just hit it harder :LOL:). And when I say 260 carry for 3 drives, it was 259, 260, and 262 to be exact. The one that was 259 almost went in at 273. The one that carried 260 was 4y offline right, and the one that was 262 carry went 277 total and was 15y offline left. I'll take that dispersion any day.

With the TEE the short break I had from golf, doesn't seem to have bothered the performance

I am starting to see the good distance numbers off of the E722 come up. More fequently I am seeing total drivers over 290 and more often over 300. It's nice to have the confidence in this club.
Improving on the ballooning issues at all? Have you seen that in the past with other drivers?

Improving on the ballooning issues at all? Have you seen that in the past with other drivers?
I dialed the loft down to 7.5°. Ballooning is gone. I've never seen ballooning like this before. Distance is not the best I've seen. Forgiveness is off the charts though.

I dialed the loft down to 7.5°. Ballooning is gone. I've never seen ballooning like this before. Distance is not the best I've seen. Forgiveness is off the charts though.
I get funky with my driver sometimes so that forgiveness comment is big.

I get funky with my driver sometimes so that forgiveness comment is big.
I'll second the forgiveness is off the charts, but with my swing, this is one of the longest drivers for me. Only thing that I've swung comparable distance wise is the new Cobra LTDx lineup

Il

I'll second the forgiveness is off the charts, but with my swing, this is one of the longest drivers for me. Only thing that I've swung comparable distance wise is the new Cobra LTDx lineup
That's awesome to hear as people are going off about that one.

That's awesome to hear as people are going off about that one.
Slight tangent but, from a fitting I went to here's where the drivers lined up for me performance wise:
1. Cobra LTDx
2. Ping G425
3. Srixon ZX5
4. Stealth
5. Rogue ST

I'd say the E722 is right with the Ping G425 (both distance and forgiveness), but sounds better. I haven't hit the LTDx side by side with the E722 to see which one would win out between them, but with how poorly I hit the Stealth and Rogue ST (too low spin), the fitter threw those out quickly.

Slight tangent but, from a fitting I went to here's where the drivers lined up for me performance wise:
1. Cobra LTDx
2. Ping G425
3. Srixon ZX5
4. Stealth
5. Rogue ST

I'd say the E722 is right with the Ping G425 (both distance and forgiveness), but sounds better. I haven't hit the LTDx side by side with the E722 to see which one would win out between them, but with how poorly I hit the Stealth and Rogue ST (too low spin), the fitter threw those out quickly.
You didn't hit the E722 in that fitting I take it? Dumb question but just confirming.

You didn't hit the E722 in that fitting I take it? Dumb question but just confirming.
Yes, it was a week before my E722 was being delivered 🙁

I thought the fitter would have the TEE clubs available, but did not. I also tried to delay the fitting a week, but failed on that one too (probably because I had already pushed it back twice, due to weather)

The E722 is so good. Another day of driving the ball well. I need to check my distances to validate a few things. Thinking about dialing the loft down a 1/2* to make it 10*. I cant even remember the last time I’ve been as confident with driver in hand as I am with this one.

The E722 is so good. Another day of driving the ball well. I need to check my distances to validate a few things. Thinking about dialing the loft down a 1/2* to make it 10*. I cant even remember the last time I’ve been as confident with driver in hand as I am with this one.
Dial it down for sure... @blugold has his at 7.5° with no issues...#BrysonLoft

Yeah I typically have played a 9*. I do like the ball flight I am seeing though.
I think this is the only head/profile I can imagine playing a 7.5° It's been a godsend having the ability to dial it down and keep the forgiveness.

Back