TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Iron Forum Testing - Take 2 Signup

What an awesome set to get to demo! I wish was going to be around to enter, but I am headed out of town for 3 weeks. Good luck to all the entries.

Tapatalk makes meetings so much fun.

Wow, great opportunity to test some clubs that I hear are looong!

1. What irons do you currently play? I currently play Bridgestone J36 Combos
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? No I haven't, I tried the CB and liked it, but am still looking for a bit more distance and forgiveness.
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? Who wouldn't? I'm looking for distance and forgiveness in my next set of irons.
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? Approx 140-150 meters
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am a relatively new member to THP and hope I contribute well. I am right in the middle of testing irons to come to a decision on my next set. As yet I've not tried the Burner 2.0s. My plan would be to use them at my local club but also to test them extensively at the local driving range. We are lucky that they have a number if demo clubs there as well. Such as Razr X, Razr X Tour, CG16, CG16 Tour, JPX800s, AP2s among others as well. My plan would be to test them against these clubs as well as my own forged irons. This would actually be a good comparison - I love the forged irons, but really want to move to forgiveness rather than "feel" and this could be a perfect comparison. I am a Facebook member as well as twitter, so will post my review (if chosen of course) on one of those mediums as well as on the main THP site.

Thanks to TaylorMade and THP for this chance to test these irons, and good luck to all who put their names forward. I look forward to reading the reviews and maybe even being chosen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irons currently played: Taylor Made RAC LT2
Have you tried the Burner 2.0's?: Just hit a 6 iron at a TM Demo Day
Do you like explosive distance in your irons?: Yes, I would like to get more distance with my irons and land the ball soft.
How far do you hit your current 7 iron?: 140 yards
Testing plan and activity level on THP: I have been using the RAC's since 2005, and would like to make an upgrade to these irons. I play 2-3 times a week now that my sports broadcasting schedule has slowed down. I visit THP several times a day and post on topics of interest to me. Since I play Taylor Made, I would be honored to be a LEFTY tester of these clubs and will give THP honest opinions on these clubs and will post my findings on Facebook too.

Thanks to Taylor Made and THP for the chance to test these clubs and I can't wait to have a set arrive at my house!

WOW what an awesome opportunity from Taylormade and THP! Five very happy THP'ers getting the opportunity to test a great product,,,, again :thumb:

1. What irons do you currently play? Topflite Tour w/ Fenwick Muscle Graphite shafts
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? No
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? Yes
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? 160-165
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? My testing would include a side by side comparison with my current set, 3-5 daily sessions with the 2.0s each week either at the range or course. Would address charactistics such as feel, control, foregiveness as well distance. Periodic scoring rounds with 2.0s to compare with current set.

1. What irons do you currently play? Wilson Ci7 irons
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? At 43 years old, I'm always looking for more distance
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? 150
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I'm very new to THP having only been on a few weeks. I play with four Taylor Made woods and love them. A Tour Burner driver, '07 Burner 3w, '08 Burner 5w and a '07 Burner rescue. Having Taylor Made irons to go along with my woods would be great. I play regularly, at least one 18 hole round as well as two to three 9 hole rounds per week. My 16 year old son has been playing less than a year and my 15 year old daugther has just taken up the game so we walk in the evenings when the course is less crowded. This would give me ample opportunity to test the irons. I also play in a competitive golf league, www.canongategolfleague.com and would use the irons in league matches.

Wow what an opportunity!!

1. What irons do you currently play? Nickent 4dx CB
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? No, never even owned a Taylormade club.
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? I would have to say YES
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? 160 ish
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I´ll be playing golf on course twice a week or more for the rest of the summer. I´ll make sure to contribute my thoughts and findings with the 2.0´s and I´ll be around to answer questions, probably on a daily basis or at least very frequent.

Thank you Taylormade and THP for a second chance of trying out exciting clubs!

What a great opportunity for some lucky tester.

1. What irons do you currently play? Callaway X-14 Pros
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? No, but I've seen them in person at Golf Galaxy and Dicks and they look great
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? Definitely. I'm a little short.
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? 150yds
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? First, I'd hit the clubs side by side at the driving range. The driving range I frequent most often has less-than-perfect grass tees, so irons with wider soles would fare better than what I game today. I'd do this comparison for a couple of outings at the range then try to play my normal 9 holes/week and note the accuracy and distance of my shots with the Burner 2.0 irons (distance measured by my Callaway uPro). I'd also note how my average 9-hole scores are affected.

My old irons were TM, but were stolen and finances forced a buy of the cheapest available, and that happened to be Callaway. Miss my TMs and would love to try the new 2.0s.

1. What irons do you currently play? X-20
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? I've tried the 6 iron and PW only in a simulator. They felt great.
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? Like it? Love it!!!
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? ~155
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I will hit 2-3 buckets of balls a week, plus play between 4 and 6 rounds a week. I spend about an hour or two a week reading posts, and will often comment when I have an original thought.

1. What irons do you currently play?
Ping G5's
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons?
While I have enjoyed their looks, I have not had a chance to hit one.
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons?
Explosive distance is not something I would call the G5's. They are about average...I would LOVE to be able to gain some distance on my irons!!
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron?
~~ 146 yards
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
I currently hit about 80 balls at the range once per week, play in a 9 hole league every Thursday, and play 18 holes at local courses once per week. If I were chosen, I would videotape my range sessions showing the difference between my G5's and the Burner 2.0's. I would also keep a running thread of both my range and league sessions. While I am not one of those "50 posts per day" people, I feel that my posts offer value to the forum and promote good discussions.

Thanks again to THP for another great opportunity.

Last edited:
Are you kidding me? another chance at these irons? Color me IN. Thanks Taylor Made and THP for a great opportunity.

1. What irons do you currently play? - Hogan Apex Pro forged (shaft 3)
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? - I have not
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? - I don't know. I've never had the pleasure.
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? 130 - 135
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? -I have taken some lessons recently and have been going to the range almost every day. I plan to continue doing this until I get it right (which won't be soon). I play at least 18 holes each week and usually play twice. My testing/reporting plan will be to go to the range daily and compare my current clubs against the Burners for distance, direction, dispersion and consistency. I have enough experience on my home course with my current clubs to be able to evaluate new clubs for distance against the old, so I would use the Burners exclusively on the course. I also have many friends who use the same range who i would invite to try these clubs and comment.

My reporting would most likely be twice each week. Once mid-week to report on range sessions and the occasional Wednesday round and once on the weekend to discuss my usual Saturday round documenting distance and greens hit and proximity.

Looking forward to the chance to participate.

AMAZING!! THP and TM do it again!!!

1. What irons do you currently play? I currently play Taylormade R7 4-AW, Stiff Shaft. Standard Length and Lie.
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? Yes, I recieved a 6 iron to try out, and I FREAKING loved it!!. It was hard to pass it along to my Step Dad and Brother in Law.
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? Yes I do, the 6-iron gave me another 10 yards on average over my R7 6-iron.
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? 140-145 yards.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? If I was lucky to be picked for such an honor to test these irons for my fellow THPer's, I would put these irons through the ringer. I play every Wed. in a league with some coworkers, and I play 18-36 holes on the weekend. I am also currently taking lessons every two weeks or so, so I am getting to the range another 2-3 nights a week. I could seriously put these irons to the test and give some great feedback.

Thanks again for the opportunity to test a great set of irons from Taylormade.

Wow how incredible! I was just drooling over these when I took my 5 wood to get regripped at Dick's last weekend.

1. What irons do you currently play? Ping G15
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? I have not. The local Dick's charges you $30 to demo any clubs if you leave without buying. Pretty large deterrent unfortunately.
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? Of course! Who wouldn't? Although there are internet golfers everywhere who struggle with hitting it too far, I do not happen to be one of them.
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? Between 165-170.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I log onto THP multiple times per day and that will be no different if I am lucky enough to be chosen to test these irons. I play 1-2 times per week depending on the weather and hit the range 1-2 times as well. I currently play strong lofted irons so I would have the chance to compare those to the 2.0's to see what exactly it is that Taylormade has done other than decrease lofts to make these so effective.

Thanks to THP and Taylormade for this opportunity!

1. What irons do you currently play? Tommy Armour Evo V-31
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? Yes, the six iron, but I don't think the shaft was right for me.
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? Yes, as long as it's explosive and consistent.
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? 155-160+ yards
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I plan on 2+ rounds per week with at least that many range sessions. I also hit shorter irons off a mat in my backyard to an adjacent lot nearly every day. I would add unboxing pictures and video upon receiving the irons. I would update my findings after every round/range session. My activity level on THP could be described as follows: I add my thoughts when they are worthwhile, but don't add short meaningless posts or post just to run my post count up. I visit the forum multiple times a day and have for the last several months.

Last edited:
1. What irons do you currently play? Nike Slingshot
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? Yes, hit a few shots with it. But was not sold on them.
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? Yes, a bit to macho I guess.
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? 155-160 metres or 169 to 175 yards.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? They will be tested against my old slingshot set, to see the difference in length and forgiveness. And also they will be used mainly on course 3-4 times a week, to see if they make a difference from my old set of irons. I will also try to find out how "workable" they are compared to the Slingshot irons and a set of players irons. As I said I play at least 3-4 times a week and some time on the range in between. ([Sometimes it good to still be studying) I check out this forum every time I log on my computer, it`s actually the first thing I do even before I check my e-mail. I have not been a member to long, but I try to contribute with whatever little knowledge I have about this game. I am currently reviewing the Hirzl Trust Feel glove and really enjoying the experience of taking a more in depth look on the gear I am using on course.

Thanks to THP and Taylor Made for this opportunity, this has to be the single best forum on the entire internet. Both the testing going on and all the people who makes this a truly enjoyable forum to frequent.

oh thank you lord for this chance, I love these irons

1. What irons do you currently play?---Burner XD
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons?--Yes a 7 iron inside Golf Galaxy.
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons?--Yes, hence the reason I have the Xd right now and would love to try the 2.0's
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron?--165-170
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?--Testing plan would be 1-2 range sessions per week along with 1-2 rounds played per week, with a summary of each provided that day via THP or any other media avenue that is needed. I now have a chart of current distances of each club with my Burner XD, and would easily be able to compare to the 2.0's as my testing progresses. Im currently very active on the THP site and would provide a very in depth review of these irons many times per week.

Edited to update 7 iron distance after tracking this past Friday

Last edited:
Wow TM stepping up to the plate again to give a great testing opportunity along with THP!!
1. What irons do you currently play? Nike VR Pro Combos
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? Yes I have and with the right shaft that club is great.
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? I love to have alot of distance with my irons.
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? My current 7 goes 165 on average.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I would plan to use these in conjunction with my current irons to compare and contrast the two. I would give an update at least once a week most weeks two updates.

1. What irons do you currently play? Callaway X-18
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? Yes
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? 150-160
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? My testing would include range, course and yard time since I can't get to the course and range as often as I'd like. I check THP regularly and have posted some, so my activity level would definitely increase on THP to report testing results and answer any questions.

Thank You THP and Taylormade for the opportunity to participate.

not to be a pain, but any idea when the decision will be made, or when signups last til?

By the way, did I mention these clubs are AWESOME!

I am new to THP. I am an avid golfer that plays twice a week at the minimum. How do you become part of the testing group?

I am new to THP. I am an avid golfer that plays twice a week at the minimum. How do you become part of the testing group?

Read the first post my man. Welcome to THP and good luck.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Thanks for the reply. Sorry, as soon as I posted it I reread the first post and saw that. Thanks for the welcome and look forward to the conversation....

1. What irons do you currently play? Ping i3
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? Not yet but have heard great reviews
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? Without a doubt!!!! The longer the better
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? 185
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play at least twice a week and hit the range roughly twice a week, so I will be able to give some good feedback on the clubs. I am new to THP and I plan on updating my findings quick and with some photos.

Thank You THP and Taylormade for the opportunity to participate.

Last edited:
Back