News: Ben Hogan Golf Closing Doors

Dang. Their new stuff is solid equipment and the pricing was solid. Hope it comes back even better.

That's a real shame, I know they had a lot of love here at THP. Hopefully those affected will find a new home sooner rather than later.

So sad..

WOW, I have a set of the PTXPro/ICON irons and they are great, so sad to hear they are going away.

Sad to hear. Hopefully those who lost there jobs can land somewhere else quickly.

The website had that message for at least the last week. I was researching some new irons and wanted to compare what they had. Kept checking back a few times, kept getting the same message.

As a long-time huge BHG equipment fan, this is really sad news. I will continue to play and enjoy their clubs though.

Dang. Was rooting for them

Man…….I’m gonna cherish the memories BH helped provide for me. As well as my PTxPros. A great product. I think this is a company with scar tissue that doesn’t want to break the bank to try to stay afloat. Not indicative of the product quality.

That’s a bummer. I guess I finally need to track down another set of ICON’s just to have, still the most playable blades ever imo.

Oh, sad news. I was looking forward to hearing about what may have been next for BH.

Man this stinks. I was hoping to see a PTx pro refresh coming soon.

That’s a bummer. I guess I finally need to track down another set of ICON’s just to have, still the most playable blades ever imo.

I mean yeah, if I can play them

I did notice last weekend that Wal-Mart is carrying the apparel name at least. I know that is just a drop in the bucket but it still keeps the name out there at least.

Different company owns the apparel business.

Hahahaha, they and the PTx Pro are to this day criminally underrated

one of my favorite HB designs we have seen.

Dang. What a bummer. Really sad to hear this.

I had a driver of theirs for a short time and really enjoyed it. Hopefully they can find ways to re-open.

That's too bad. I'd been playing around with the idea of a blade/combo set for the shorter course I play just to mess around, and had chcked their site a few weeks ago and hit the "technical difficulties" message, which looks like it was a bit more than that.

The equipment is great, shame they couldn't make it. I'd imagine the competition in the DTC space with Sub70, New Level, and now PXG since they lowered their prices was tough. But I did think they differentiated themselves on the design/style side.

Hate it for the employees that were working there. Who knows if we’ll see a resurgence in the future but unfortunate for such a good partner with THP.

Hate to hear that about any company. Not the headline I thought I was going to wake up to this morning.

Bad news for a great brand! Back in the day, I played Hogan Apex Plus irons (bought new in 2005) and have always had a soft spot for the brand.

A couple of weeks back, I was in the process of ordering an Equalizer II 58* wedge and when I got to the shipping part, the price quoted was around $25.00....for one club (and basically what I have had to pay for a one off shipment of a club)! In hopes that they would give me a discount, I sent Customer Service and e-mail suggesting that this shipping pricing made the Company a real outlier to its DTC competitors which either absorb the shipping or charge something really modest. I was not offered a discount and did not proceed with my order.

I’m going to need a moment…..

Back