Introducing King Cobra Wedges

You hated the SB or the SM8's? I haven't heard much feedback similar to what I have mentioned so I'm just curious if I am alone haha
No no, I love the SB! Hate the SM8

The grey snake logo on the back is apparently raw steel because it had some rust this morning. Looks kinda sweet to me so not too concerned but might want to keep them dry if that's not your thing.

The Snake logo appears to be laser etched, which is a cool detail.

Well you guys and your black wedges have given me some serious fomo, 58 WL has been ordered. Now…to decide what has to go

Well you guys and your black wedges have given me some serious fomo, 58 WL has been ordered. Now…to decide what has to go

The black finish just looks so damn good. You should probably drop the gap wedge. I see no issues going from PW to 54, you got that.

Got some time at a short game area today with the SB wedges. really enjoyed them off of the grass. Can’t speak much to how they compare to other wedges, but I like them a lot! I’ve enjoyed the feel and performance. They really do get great spin off the face. I could probably count on one hand how many balls rolled off the green when I hit the green. Curious to see how they perform on the course tomorrow!
Got to spend some time on the course with these today and I had no complaints. Definitely will take some time to dial in distances, but overall, I felt like they performed great. Sole moves through the turf great. Any issues were just from my inexperience with unique lies.

You hated the SB or the SM8's? I haven't heard much feedback similar to what I have mentioned so I'm just curious if I am alone haha

Captain,

You are not alone.

The wedges feel firm to me as well.
But they also have a crisp feel which is new for me.

I like the way they look and they have been performing very well.

Yesterday I was trying to clean the grooves and I realized that it was rust in the grooves.

Not sure how long it will take, but these wedges are about to become Trusty Rusty’s.

They are on the firmer side of the spectrum, firmer than CBX2 and PM Grind which I had in the bag most recently. Playing graphite and chunky grips probably takes some of the harshness out for me. I admit I wasn't blown away with the feel in my first hits off the mat, but off of grass I find them to have a satisfying thwunk, especially on 1/2 and 3/4 shots

Something I've noticed with my 58 Widelow is that on open faced shots I need to open the face less than my intuition would suggest to hit the trajectory and distance I'm intending. Feel like I'm hitting more flop shots short than the PM grind. Not sure if that's a negative yet but definitely something I'm adjusting to.

1883020F-4408-46E9-A39F-DEC89E9E2193.jpeg

20220805_191814.jpgGot out for some short game practice last night. Ive never played any wedges other than chrome but im in love with this black on black set up. I also havent played a 60 in years but thought id give it a try.

After a few shots to get a feel for these i am very impressed. They didnt take long to get comfortable with at all. The sound is nice and muted, not clicky or loud. Feel is firm and crisp, not too soft. Smoother and better feeling/sounding off the clubface than my TM wedges.
A 54 degree wedge has been my favorite wedge for years and with this one i know it will continue to be. Distance control on 15-25 yard chips was so easy. Nice little touch of bite and predictable roll out almost every time. Some times it bit a little harder than expected but thats ok and to be expected with fresh Snakebite grooves. Versatile grind is just that. I was opening/closing the face. Hitting off tight/fluffy/buried lies and all the shots were reacting pretty much how id want them to.
The 60 with widelow grind and full face grooves is a club ive been excited to work with. Have never played full faced grooves and thought i wouldnt like it. I WAS WRONG. When i try to open the face too much my strike pattern is usually toe side and it would effect the shot poorly. Now im not as concerned with that and my confidence is much higher and actually only had a couple toe misses. The ball takes one hop and stops and that was with an AVX which is not known for much bite around the greens. You can play it closed for some more roll out but again predictability was what stood out for me.
These arent hot or dull off the face. You get what you put into the shot so there arent many surprises or "didnt think it would do that" moments other than having a little too much bite which i talked about before. Im very excited to get these on the course and hit some longer chips and pitches, 3/4 and full swings and see how they perform under pressure.

Took these little beauties to the range today just to see how they felt. Sadly the short game area was closed for lessons so I was just hitting out of the bays off mats but they did feel superb. And bite….?

F7956F94-98EE-4217-A846-614909391BAD.jpeg

Yeah…they bite!

And as for the look, well the black finish and black Hi-Rev2.0 shaft just look absolutely stunning, easily the nicest wedge set I’ve ever had in my hands, love them!

Out tomorrow on the course to really see them grip!

First round out with these last night, and very impressive indeed. As others have said, they felt a little firmer than I was expecting them to, not quite clicky but certainly a lot firmer. This is in no way a criticism, and I actually enjoyed the feel. The Wide Low on the 60 really shone off some of the tighter lies that we have here, and there was no issues getting the ball up and over bunkers with a quick stop.

Both my regular playing partners as well were constantly saying how incredible the all black finish looks, and I completely agree with them. How the finish on the face will hold up is something I'm not sure about but I have a feeling that it will wear down to a glorious look!

Used all 3 wedges - 50, 54 (bent to 55) and 60 with the KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 shafts and each one of them had exactly the distances I was expecting on partial shots so was very much a case of hitting the ground running. Will keep reporting back as the rounds progress, but a huge thumbs up from me!

It hasn’t taken much time at all to adjust to my 54* Versatile away from my ZipCore. It has been very trusty for shots from 110 and in.

The feel has been good and I have found it to be forgiving. Spin green side has been adequate.

The thing I’m most impressed with is the accuracy. I have chipped in three times with it already in about 36 holes of golf which is very exciting.

It hasn’t taken much time at all to adjust to my 54* Versatile away from my ZipCore. It has been very trusty for shots from 110 and in.

The feel has been good and I have found it to be forgiving. Spin green side has been adequate.

The thing I’m most impressed with is the accuracy. I have chipped in three times with it already in about 36 holes of golf which is very exciting.
70% fwys, 80% greens and now you don’t even need a putter 😳 Glad I have a front row seat to the show your team is going to put on.

70% fwys, 80% greens and now you don’t even need a putter 😳 Glad I have a front row seat to the show your team is going to put on.

Do not get your hopes up too high, chip ins don’t mean low scores. And I have some work to do in the GIR and FIR department based off my last league match 😬

093B6AEA-9BB1-482E-BA7F-BE5A22B71C7B.jpeg

OK so...if you are considering a SnakeBite wedge... the black is 🔥. The 58 is a nice edition to the bag. Somehow it feels softer/better to me than the chrome an obviously zero glare. The 58 WL with full face grooves is staying in the bag!

OK so...if you are considering a SnakeBite wedge... the black is 🔥. The 58 is a nice edition to the bag. Somehow it feels softer/better to me than the chrome an obviously zero glare. The 58 WL with full face grooves is staying in the bag!

I agree the black is a totally different feel for me as well. Still some of my favorite wedges.

Glad to hear you're liking the black! They really did a good job with those, they look phenomenal. Interesting it feels softer to you. Very curious, but good to know.

Took these little beauties to the range today just to see how they felt. Sadly the short game area was closed for lessons so I was just hitting out of the bays off mats but they did feel superb. And bite….?

View attachment 9110352

Yeah…they bite!

And as for the look, well the black finish and black Hi-Rev2.0 shaft just look absolutely stunning, easily the nicest wedge set I’ve ever had in my hands, love them!

Out tomorrow on the course to really see them grip!
That is some SERIOUS bite!!

Back