Forum Testing - Nike VR Pro Combo Irons

I can't wait for you all to get these so you can start posing your unboxing pics/videos, and first range session thoughts!

You and me both! My 52 degree wedge will be here Thursday and be in my bag on Saturday when I play so I will at least begin to get a feel for this club.

I agree with that also. Good to test the stock grip and offer feedback accordingly.

Simply can't get this testing out of my mind and how it will impact my bag. Given that I recently went the hybrid route and only carrying the 6-GW in my current iron set, this is going to shake up my bag quite a bit. The Mashie M5 will be sitting in the garage so that I can bag all of the long irons in this set.

Another something to look forward to - just ordered the VR Pro 52 degree wedge to match this set and should have it by Wednesday!!

I'm excited to hear how the long irons work our vs. the hybrids. Obviously there will be a difference, but just how much of a difference will be the thing. With the cavities in the long irons, will be great to hear about how well they match up vs. hybrids.

That's awesome that you bought a 52* cook! Did you get the chrome or the black finish? I really don't think you'll be disappointed at all.

I went with the satin chrome finish for sake of matching but was tempted to go with black because the only other iron in my bag will be the black Mizuno MP-10 60 degree wedge.

I'm excited to hear how the long irons work our vs. the hybrids. Obviously there will be a difference, but just how much of a difference will be the thing. With the cavities in the long irons, will be great to hear about how well they match up vs. hybrids.

No doubt...have been using that M5 from anywhere in the 170 - 195 range (can hop on it when I have to, but luckily not too often). M3 will stay in the bag along with the 3 wood but I will be hitting 3, 4, and 5 irons off the deck which I have not done in a bit. Also looking forward to seeing how the 3i performs off the tee for the long par 5's and short par 4's where I am just playing to a number.

I'm very keen to try out the 3 and 4 iron especially, as I've not had a lot of experience with any sort of cavity irons. Let's see just how they stack up against the fg59s in all categories.

Where is my stuff?

J/K of course.
This is what I sent for specs. Have my fingers crossed and waiting kinda patiently:
Shaft: FST KBS Tour Black Nickel
Flex: Regular
Length: Standard
Lie: +1 upright
Grip: Golfpride New Decade Multicompound (Red and Black)

Every time I see one of the testers post in here, I think they have gotten their clubs. I get so excited, thinking pictures are posted.

Every time I see one of the testers post in here, I think they have gotten their clubs. I get so excited, thinking pictures are posted.

Same here and I'm one of the testers. Haha. I'm not worried at all about when they'll be here. No reason to get myself all worked up waiting for something. As soon as Nike builds them, I'm sure they'll get them out quickly.

Same here and I'm one of the testers. Haha. I'm not worried at all about when they'll be here. No reason to get myself all worked up waiting for something. As soon as Nike builds them, I'm sure they'll get them out quickly.

like waiting for Christmas morning I bet!

All irons should be shipping in 5 days or so from the Nike warehouse. THey are being built to specs right now. A couple of notes.

Jeff Conner - Note
**We only bend in whole degree increments – this set will be built at +1* upright

Chunkylover Note
**We do not build to swing weights.

The Paulo Note
**Order shipping to THP HQ and THP can ship to tester. Warehouse cannot ship overseas. (expect a small delay in yours)

Lead tape here I come lol

All irons should be shipping in 5 days or so from the Nike warehouse. THey are being built to specs right now. A couple of notes.

Jeff Conner - Note
**We only bend in whole degree increments – this set will be built at +1* upright

Chunkylover Note
**We do not build to swing weights.

The Paulo Note
**Order shipping to THP HQ and THP can ship to tester. Warehouse cannot ship overseas. (expect a small delay in yours)

Is it common not to do this JB? I thought it was a standard practice. Please educate me...haha

Thank you for the update JB; very much appreciated!

Is it common not to do this JB? I thought it was a standard practice. Please educate me...haha

It is common, it was a particular scenario here that they are not able to build to a requested swing weight.

It is common, it was a particular scenario here that they are not able to build to a requested swing weight.

Gotcha. Is this because he is a little person...hehehe

Gotcha. Is this because he is a little person...hehehe

True, Yorkem's friend is quite vertically challenged.
I mean look at his self portrait.
But the other side is he is overthinking it and he knows it.
Once he hits these and he will fall in love with them. Then since we all know little Yorkem's friend here, he will hit one bad shot and assume its a swing weight thing.
I mean I have seen the guy putt with his SeeMore. He does it quite well. Then one bad round and its in his head.
Little Yorkem's friend is too good a golfer to be this mental....eheheheheheheh

True, Yorkem's friend is quite vertically challenged.
I mean look at his self portrait.
But the other side is he is overthinking it and he knows it.
Once he hits these and he will fall in love with them. Then since we all know little Yorkem's friend here, he will hit one bad shot and assume its a swing weight thing.
I mean I have seen the guy putt with his SeeMore. He does it quite well. Then one bad round and its in his head.
Little Yorkem's friend is too good a golfer to be this mental....eheheheheheheh

Unfortunately, this is very true. He is a great ball striker, but he does let his head get in the way from time to time.

Man that dude sounds like an idiot

Man that dude sounds like an idiot

Nah. He's a good dude (boy). We just need a new tag line.
Something like Little Mental Boy or Little Mental Wenis Boy or something to that affect...hehe

Well I have to admit that last one made me laugh. Unfortunately my mom in law was reading over my shoulder

Nah. He's a good dude (boy). We just need a new tag line.
Something like Little Mental Boy or Little Mental Wenis Boy or something to that affect...hehe

oh boy I think its officially a thread hijacking!

Okay, back on topic....
People should start seeing their irons early next week. With paulo following shortly depending how long it takes to get from Windermere to Lee Westwood's house (assuming he is still stalking him).

Back