Trying to Break 80 Club

Did it 3 times at the end of last year, but yet to do it this year. Last week I shot an 83 with 8 penalty strokes due to lost balls off the tee :dohanim: Hopefully I can straighten the drives out and keep hitting everything else the same!

wow thats and impressive score for that many penalty strokes, at least that means the rest of your game is solid, you will be breaking 80 in no time

After coming back from a 2-3 month injury at the end of the winter I'm finally back to playing 2-3+ times a week. My last 4 rounds have been 84, 81, 82, 82. I normally pride myself on my short game, however, the last 2 rounds it hasn't been clicking at all. Which makes me think it won't be long before in comes back and I'll be shooting sub-80 regularly

Great news! I worked with my pro for a while yesterday and he got things clicking again! We steepened my swing so I was hitting more down on the ball and things started improving almost instantly. My traditional miss is a push fade and not a hook and those were my misses as I was working on the swing change at the range. My irons sound so crisp again and I am hitting everything square in the club face. My driver is a lot straighter as well. I have much less of a dramatic sweeping draw now and it is a penetrating straight ball with just a bit of draw. I am so excited!

I've been consistent between 80-85 so far this year, recorded one 92 though (50,42... oops!). It just seems like when I am hot in one area of the game the others are cold... when will I have the round where my whole game is on?!

After taking five years off of golf and this being back for my second year I've finally breaking 80 most rounds. It was a long road and still not back to where I was in the early days but I'm getting there. I guess I'm not like a lot of player, I don't like taking lessons. 90% of the time I can fix the problem myself due to a lot of reading and the other 10% of the time I can usually get it fixed by having a better player watch me and help me out. The few times I have taken a lesson or listened to a coach they have taken out of my routine and can't get comfortable over the ball. I guess it's different strokes for different folks but I still feel learning as much about the golf swing as you can will help you out in the long run. You never know when a problem will occur and you will not have your swing coach with you mid round. Don't get me wrong I think going to a pro/swing coach is the way to go for some people and will help you understand your swing more, that's why they have a class A. The only advice I have with working with a swing coach is to make sure you NEVER work on more than one swing correction/thought at a time. Just my thoughts.

Broke 80 for first time Monday (79) playing a course Or the 1st time and followed that up with a 78 on a different course yesterday.

Broke 80 for first time Monday (79) playing a course Or the 1st time and followed that up with a 78 on a different course yesterday.

Congrats! Feels great to break 80 doesnt it? :D

Congrats! Feels great to break 80 doesnt it? :D

Feels even better to validate it by going back to back. Of course I successfully picked each round apart to see where they could have been lower. Yesterdays was the 4 putts that I left 1" short.

Feels even better to validate it by going back to back. Of course I successfully picked each round apart to see where they could have been lower. Yesterdays was the 4 putts that I left 1" short.

Lol, coulda woulda shoulda. I'm doing the same looking back at my round yesterday. I just hope I can back it up today like you did.

Tap,Tap,Tap

79 (+7) today. First time I've broken 80 on my regular course in a competition. Time to start aiming for 70 now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After my last round of 83 I have been going backwards. Rounds of 84, 87, and 90 have me taking a few days off. I have gone from trying to break 80, to struggling to break 90. Really hoping it is the wet course conditions!

After my last round of 83 I have been going backwards. Rounds of 84, 87, and 90 have me taking a few days off. I have gone from trying to break 80, to struggling to break 90. Really hoping it is the wet course conditions!

What's been the major difference lw? Is one part of your game really letting you down?

My two 9s this weekend were 37-38 for a 75. Things are really working well for me lately, especially with the short game which had really been letting me down. I had to close out my round today with a bunker shot that was in the water if it was long, but I managed to roll it out to about a foot. Just, really working out for me!

A few more rounds in the 80's & I will switch to this thread. breaking 80 is my goal for the summer.

I've broken 80 before. But I keep hovering around that 80, 81,82 mark. So frustrating. Short games let me down lately. If I could make some putts and get up and down more, I would be around the 76,77 range.

I couldn't follow up my under 80 round with more of the same. A much tougher course today and gave it a solid effort, but the front nine kicked my butt. 45/37 for an 82. I just couldn't get anything going until the last couple holes on the front, then caught fire for my low nine of the year.

I couldn't follow up my under 80 round with more of the same. A much tougher course today and gave it a solid effort, but the front nine kicked my butt. 45/37 for an 82. I just couldn't get anything going until the last couple holes on the front, then caught fire for my low nine of the year.

Thata boy on the back! Sometimes it just happens. I have a course that I always torch one side. Just to suck on the other. and it's never the same side. Sometimes I suck on the front, sometimes on the back!

Thata boy on the back! Sometimes it just happens. I have a course that I always torch one side. Just to suck on the other. and it's never the same side. Sometimes I suck on the front, sometimes on the back!

Thanks buddy, it was frustrating on the front. Didn't even plan to play, but a couple buddies stopped by on the way to a nice, tough course out of town. Took me a while to get in the game, lol.

Thanks buddy, it was frustrating on the front. Didn't even plan to play, but a couple buddies stopped by on the way to a nice, tough course out of town. Took me a while to get in the game, lol.

Way to go due! It seems the rounds that are never planned and spur of the moment turn out to be the best ones.

Shot 81 yesterday. Double Bogey on the last hole. :(

Way to go due! It seems the rounds that are never planned and spur of the moment turn out to be the best ones.

Thanks dent, it is kind of funny how that goes at times. I hit the course's hard over the weekend playing 27 on Saturday in some crazy hot, humid conditions and then 36 yesterday after not planning to golf at all. My second round wasn't the best at 42/42 84, but fatigue was setting in, lol.

I want to post in this thread for 2011. I have scored 81 twice the last two weeks. Last June, I broke 80 for the first time. If I can par one or two more holes in a round I'm right there. I hope to get back into the club very soon.

Boom! Yes, had my first sub-80 round of the year yesterday. Shot a 78, really feel like my game is going well at the moment.

Should have really broken 80 on wednesday but finished quad bogey, bogey. Set that right yesterday though!

Congrats Dazink!!! Great round!

I managed to fall right on the button with an 80 yesterday. Really need to focus though. Some really, REALLY foolish shots costing me big time.

I've broken 80 before. But I keep hovering around that 80, 81,82 mark. So frustrating. Short games let me down lately. If I could make some putts and get up and down more, I would be around the 76,77 range.

This is why I went to 30-35 minutes on the range doing full shots and a hour + to my short game every time I play. Then if I get an hour or more extra time I work on my short game. You'll get there just work hard on the short game.

Yesterday I had to work hard on the back side to get my round back. Shot 43F 33B 76T. Lately I've been having a lot of trouble getting two solid sides together for a good round.

Well you know there's always those hole you can point at and say that's why I didn't break 80. I got about 9 of them. Last full 18 I played shot an 84, but it was a 47-37 so needless to say the front wasn't my friend that day. I've hit 79 once and would like to see that 7 show up more as the first number of my final total instead of the total on some holes individually.

Back