So let me understand, JPX 923 irons were released on 9/23?

One more for tonight. This is PW vs PW.
By this point, I was nearly 100 swings in after playing 9 in the morning so things started slowing down a bit as my body was SCREAMING at me. I only made a handful of swings with this club and only 2 were consistent enough to record data on. Still some improvements but not as drastic as earlier in the day.

The data:
Image 9-23-22 at 11.07 PM.jpg

One more for tonight. This is PW vs PW.
By this point, I was nearly 100 swings in after playing 9 in the morning so things started slowing down a bit as my body was SCREAMING at me. I only made a handful of swings with this club and only 2 were consistent enough to record data on. Still some improvements but not as drastic as earlier in the day.

The data:
View attachment 9122850

I'm not sure you'd want more drastic. That's a pretty punchy wedge. This isn't something I pour over with my buddies I guess, surpassingly, so I'll just ask. Do guys with your swing speed usually play off a 110 mph 145y+ P wedge? What's your 7i at with these?

Question: For those of you in the Victory Cup that had a chance to see the Gap Wedge from this set, how did it look? Was it offset? Was it over sized compared to the PW on the HM Pro? Just have concerns about the difference in size through the set. Going from a HMP PW to a larger GW is concerning, but not nearly as concerning as 42.5 down to a Jaws Raw at 48. I imagine there would be a noticeable gap issue.
There is an in hand picture of it literally on the first page 😂

I'm not sure you'd want more drastic. That's a pretty punchy wedge. This isn't something I pour over with my buddies I guess, surpassingly, so I'll just ask. Do guys with your swing speed usually play off a 110 mph 145y+ P wedge? What's your 7i at with these?
No, I don’t want more drastic. I want to fill the 40y gap between PW and 50°. For whatever reason (Nickel Chromoly?) I’m only hitting the t22 50° around 100-110y.

Edit- I thought I posted that in that reply but it doesn’t look like I did. I said it somewhere lol. But no I don’t want or need more drastic with the PW you’re right. If anything I need to dial back with everything. 7i data and video should be coming today if I have the time to put it together.

Last edited:
Do the 923 HMPs feel softer than the 921's? Alway thought the 921's felt a bit harsh...

Like the other guys, I have no idea.

They do feel better than my previous D7 Forged and DBM's.

Question: For those of you in the Victory Cup that had a chance to see the Gap Wedge from this set, how did it look? Was it offset? Was it over sized compared to the PW on the HM Pro? Just have concerns about the difference in size through the set. Going from a HMP PW to a larger GW is concerning, but not nearly as concerning as 42.5 down to a Jaws Raw at 48. I imagine there would be a noticeable gap issue.
Also didn’t see anyone mention it, but an underrated part of the JPX line is the Gap Wedge. I don’t care for the SW or LW, but the package really works well in that 50* spot they have the gap wedge.

I also did not get the GW. After the set PW I went to a 48°, 52° and 56° T-22.

I also did not get the GW. After the set PW I went to a 48°, 52° and 56° T-22.
Curious how are you finding your gapping between PW and 48°. That should be only a 4° stock difference the PW is 44°.

What I’m finding is the PW is much longer than the t22. I think due to the tech.

No, I don’t want more drastic. I want to fill the 40y gap between PW and 50°. For whatever reason (Nickel Chromoly?) I’m only hitting the t22 50° around 100-110y.

Edit- I thought I posted that in that reply but it doesn’t look like I did. I said it somewhere lol. But no I don’t want or need more drastic with the PW you’re right. If anything I need to dial back with everything. 7i data and video should be coming today if I have the time to put it together.
Yeah that's part of why I was asking. Takes a lot of speed to move a normal gap wedge out there 130y+.

Yeah that's part of why I was asking. Takes a lot of speed to move a normal gap wedge out there 130y+.
I’d be happy with around 120ish with a gap wedge. I wonder if I could look into bending the T22’s down a degree? Or, would it just be make more sense to lose something at the top of the bag and add the set gap wedge 🤔

I can’t have a 20-30 yard gap in the scoring zone.

I’d be happy with around 120ish with a gap wedge. I wonder if I could look into bending the T22’s down a degree? Or, would it just be make more sense to lose something at the top of the bag and add the set gap wedge 🤔

You could bend to fit the gap.

I like a set gap wedge in a lot of spots like this unless you use it around the greens and prefer a more specialized one for that. Would take a good amount of bending at both ends if those numbers hold true with the current.

Edit: OH, but you have the pretty blues! Forgot about that. I'd probably have put those on a wall try to make that work on the machine.

You could bend to fit the gap.
The only problem with bending them is maybe then it's still not enough because it lacks the same tech that is making my ball speeds and yardages jump. I'm not sure I can or would want to try to bend them as far as they might need to be to achieve that gap. Just not sure.

I like a set gap wedge in a lot of spots like this unless you use it around the greens and prefer a more specialized one for that. Would take a good amount of bending at both ends if those numbers hold true with the current.

Edit: OH, but you have the pretty blues! Forgot about that. I'd probably have put those on a wall try to make that work on the machine.
I'm kinda leaning towards the idea of a set wedge also. Maybe I just lose the 3w for good? It's the definite 'problem club' in my bag and with either the 3 Fli-Hi or 18º Honma 757 (bag battle happening) would I even really miss it?

I've got a whole host of really fortunate problems to address and figure out now. :ROFLMAO:
I love it!!

I gotta try the HL against my retro lofted g425’s. Believe the specs are about even starting with a 28* 6i. HL’s end with a 50* GW. My g425 Uw is 52*. I kinda prefer a 50* GW.

I wasn't really pondering a new set of irons (especially before seeing what Callaway will be offering for next year) but, man considering the price on these, I'm not sure how long I can hold out from going out to get some fitting numbers on these. I really need to see these in hand. Junk in the trunk is something I just can't (visually) do and I have no problems getting the ball in the air so I don't THINK that the HL is necessary but fitting numbers may tell me different. Really wish that these were available with Elevate 95s (love those shafts so much).

I'm a Callaway fanboi to the max when it comes to irons, and I'm certain that they will come out with something amazing, but knowing that their offering is going to be at least $2-400.00 more expensive for my iron set make up has me almost not wanting to wait. Srixon and Mizuno are the two irons sets that have always been on the verge of unseating Callaway as my iron of choice. This release may have just pushed me over the edge. Between this and the Titleist Driver/woods release, could this upcoming season be the first ever without a Callaway club in the bag? 😢

I wasn't really pondering a new set of irons (especially before seeing what Callaway will be offering for next year) but, man considering the price on these, I'm not sure how long I can hold out from going out to get some fitting numbers on these. I really need to see these in hand. Junk in the trunk is something I just can't (visually) do and I have no problems getting the ball in the air so I don't THINK that the HL is necessary but fitting numbers may tell me different. Really wish that these were available with Elevate 95s (love those shafts so much).

I'm a Callaway fanboi to the max when it comes to irons, and I'm certain that they will come out with something amazing, but knowing that their offering is going to be at least $2-400.00 more expensive for my iron set make up has me almost not wanting to wait. Srixon and Mizuno are the two irons sets that have always been on the verge of unseating Callaway as my iron of choice. This release may have just pushed me over the edge. Between this and the Titleist Driver/woods release, could this upcoming season be the first ever without a Callaway club in the bag? 😢

You can get them with Elevates in a number of places - I ordered mine with Elevates from a place - happy to share

I’m showing these are no charge options in R flex

kbs Tour
Kbs Tour Lite
Ns 950 Neo
Modus 105, 115, 120
Px LZ, LS, IO
DG
DG 95, 105, 120
Elevate 95
True Temper X7
Recoil 95
Recoil ESX 469

There is an in hand picture of it literally on the first page 😂
I seen the picture and have tried to follow. 😂😂 I don’t see it in relation to how it looks behind the ball. Hard for me to judge the size of it that way.

Looks like the Mizuno JPX923 HL definitely needs to be on my list if I go for a fitting.

Back