re-man'd / refurbished golf balls

krispeee

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to see if the community had any experience with re-manufactured/refurbished golf balls in the past.

I just bought some refurbished golf balls for the gf as she's barely starting to get comfortable on the course and I can't get over how cheap they are!

I'd think there would be some performance drawbacks given they're used balls and what not, but how different can they be?

Thoughts/input?

Cheers!

I think there are a few threads out there about this, comparing refurbished and recycled to new, etc, might want to try there

I am all for someone buying and using used golf balls, however refinished golf balls are a different story.
Based on the process that quite a few use, the dimple pattern can be altered in which the ball could be completely different performance wise vs something new that they think they are buying.

In my opinion there are so many quality golf balls out there at many different price ranges right now, there is just no reason to go this route.

Agreed. The TM burner tour ball can be had for $20 and it's a great ball

I always buy my balls online from knetgolf.com and see no difference in performance. Mind you, I only buy the ones listed in mint condition. A lot of the balls that I get look like 1-hit wonders. Like JB said, be weary of refinished. They actually strip the clearcoat and and paint then repaint it. I would rather get my balls had the manufacturer made them. Less chance of loss of performance. Recycled are basically found on the course, washed, and shipped to you. I only play new balls if I win them in a tournament.

Actually, one thing I started doing is taking the amount I figured I saved buying used balls over new and put it aside in a club fund. The only problem is, I am rewarding myself for losing balls :dohanim:

I'll take recycled balls over refurbished any day if Im buying used balls

Lostgolfballs.com

I ordered a couple of 50 ball buckets and am very pleased with them.

I always buy my balls online from knetgolf.com and see no difference in performance. Mind you, I only buy the ones listed in mint condition. A lot of the balls that I get look like 1-hit wonders.

+1 : I get the recycled mint from KNET and they look essentially brand new; I simply could not find anything wrong with them.

I just got a bucket of used Diablo Tours. Love 'em. And surprise, surprise, there I found 4 random i(s) balls mixed in.

+1 : I get the recycled mint from KNET and they look essentially brand new; I simply could not find anything wrong with them.

I gotta try them out, I always end up buying new cause I have reward gift cards or something like that for Dicks and Golf Galaxy, from now on when I gotta pay full price outta pocket, Im gonna try used online instead

Back