Golf Rules 101 - Significant Other

long&straight

Blind Shot
Reaction score
Handicap
Always tell the wife that the round will take an hour longer than you think it will. This way when you come home a little earlier you will look like the good guy.

New clubs? I have had these for years!! :D

Any others?

Keep your own checking account.....saves you a TON of pain. Trust me.

Wow, I am gonna have to say that sucks for you guys, because my advice is to just tell the truth. Always works for me.

Wow, I am gonna have to say that sucks for you guys, because my advice is to just tell the truth. Always works for me.

I knew I liked you Yorkem!

The club one was a joke.

I only thought of this because I told the wife 4 hours and it took well over 5 hours and I leave my phone in the car. Not lying to the wife.

agree 100%, luckily I have a very understanding wife that accepts this as my hobby/obsession

My favorite that I have used countless times.

"oh. its a package from THP"

Dude, you own two porsches'

The club one was a joke.

I only thought of this because I told the wife 4 hours and it took well over 5 hours and I leave my phone in the car. Not lying to the wife.

I hear you, but I do not even give a time frame. I just say I am going to play 18, and she just says ok, have fun and I'll see you later.

Agreed, I find it's a lot easier to just be open and upfront with my wife in terms of golf purchases, and as long as I seem to sell a little before I get a little more even if it's out of pocket she seems to be a bit more receptive. As for timing of rounds her father plays golf and has played golf for a long time so she's not surprised when it takes me a while to play! Now if I can just figure out how to bring up the topic of travel items for my next golf trip.

I've used that one myself a few times

I always tell her I'm going to my girlfriend's house.

I think I started this off wrong. I was not intending to be what lies do you tell the wife.

Sorry for the bad topic! HA!

Rule #1 - Marry a woman who loves golf.

Rules #2 - Never ever lie. Ever. ( it is important to remember that, by process of elimination, dishonesty is the second best policy)

That's a wierd name and I'm not sure why you would bring her home?

thats why...I thought...I have never slept with a woman named crabs...Lets do this.

One-T's thoughts about lying....Take this to the bank. This for all of those people who shoot in the 70's, walk, never lose golf balls, game blades, need workability, love forged buttery soft goodness......

"lie til you believe it"

The Mashie M1 was a demo club from THP that I was able to keep...

Back