1st Round Pairings - The Morgan Cup

Many of the matchups look very interesting, let the smack talk begin!!!

I like all of these matchups, kudos to THP, the captains of our respective teams, and Taylormade and Callaway in coming together and making these matchups happen. I think that there are compelling subplots to all of the matches, and they should all be very competitive. I can't wait to team up with ddec on that Saturday morning and take down coolbreeze and CG13!

Just make sure he does not have any "tea" on Friday night otherwise he is useless. :D

Or even you on the microphone OG! I am sure that JB and GG would like to have all the volunteer help they can get for this event.

Now if you do that TC, you are going to have to get a translator so everyone else will understand just what the heck OG is saying. :banana:

OG, that will be happening. Not sure on the mic, but there will be some fun introductions, that is for sure.

Looking forward to the introductions and the atmosphere around the first tee, I wouldn't expect anything less from this tournament.

JB, quick question: is the way that the matches are listed in the article going to be the order of play on that day, or could the matches switch around? I've got no problem being in the anchor match in the morning, but was just curious if it was set in stone or not.

Some great matchups in there. Love the Calloway feud right off the bat. Best matchup has to go to Bash Bros vs. Dissectors. That match is going to be tight!

Wow, is it ever going to be fun to see how this plays out. I really like the pairings. There are some match ups that I really hadn't thought about in there and I love them. Great job on this.

Have to say a huge thank you to THP, TaylorMade, and Callaway for coming together on the MC. I'm truly excited to see the coverage and will be glued to the PC that weekend.

Esox has to deal with Yoccos all day? This is going to be like Phil and Tiger.

Hahaha I didn't even notice that. That will be team oil and vinegar

And Hawk you are right. I forgot to do that. Thank you a ton THP, TaylorMade, Callaway, and Reunion Resort for making this exciting event a reality. Incredible stuff.

As long as they dont talk football, and at this point there wont be any going on, they should be fine. They will focus on the job at hand.

The matchups look great. AD and I are going to send Esox and 1/2 of the shovel couple packing.

I look forward to being on my boy One-T's team in the scramble, he's amazingly helpful at confirming my lines on putts and that should help keep that DART smokin' hot all day. Playing TC and OEM Kevin will be fun and an honor, I'm looking forward to it!

Which side to cheer on!!!!!! It is going to be tough

Lol. I hardly think Esox resembles Tiger. He is lefty and is very classy. I will be attempting to grow my hair out like Phil so you could be right. I also predict a very Tiger like physique for Esox. He is bringing it!

More like, peas and carrots. Our senses of humor match up well and our shots will give us plenty of options. Esox gives us the fairway and I give us a view of the vegetation.

Hahaha I didn't even notice that. That will be team oil and vinegar

And Hawk you are right. I forgot to do that. Thank you a ton THP, TaylorMade, Callaway, and Reunion Resort for making this exciting event a reality. Incredible stuff.

Lol. You know us too well!

As long as they dont talk football, and at this point there wont be any going on, they should be fine. They will focus on the job at hand.

AD, DD can't wait to meet you all on the course. It will be a fun fight.

Lol. I hardly think Esox resembles Tiger. He is lefty and is very classy. I will be attempting to grow my hair out like Phil so you could be right. I also predict a very Tiger like physique for Esox. He is bringing it!

If he is the lefty wouldn't he be Phil and then you be Tiger?? C'mon dude, get your butt over to a Perkins!!

Finally! Nice to get an idea of who's going up against one another. I love the fact that I get to play against my brother, should be even more fun that way. Some compelling match ups for sure. Love the confidence from the two long knocking Paradisians. They are about to get dissected! I hope they remember how successful the pairing of Dustin Johnson and Phil Mickelson was against Luke Donald and Lee Westwood. It's such an eerily similar match up.

It should be a fun time taking on my brother and my brother from a Fargo mother w/ my main man Kmac at my side. This is going to be a tough match, but I look forward to the challenge.

Are you sure you remember that TC? Mickelson/Johnson never faced Donald/Westwood. :alien: You can't slip that by Mr. Euro Tour hehe

I like the pairings. I think TC is going to be VERY comfortable in his match. He's played with everyone involved in that match.

Like everyone, I'm interested in the Belbin/Biggsy match. I like the idea of playing with Ary. Since he lives about 3.5 hours from me we will try to get together once or twice in the coming weeks.

Great job on the pairings by THP, both Captains and of course :taylormade: and :callaway:

Interesting stuff guys...

Esox gives us the fairway and I give us a view of the vegetation.

Ive heard of the Bat Wing, the Brain, and the Goat, but never the fairway, or the vegetation. Yoccos mustve had a little down time.

Hahaha. Just a tad.
Interesting stuff guys...

Ive heard of the Bat Wing, the Brain, and the Goat, but never the fairway, or the vegetation. Yoccos mustve had a little down time.

No, I'm Phil. lol.

If he is the lefty wouldn't he be Phil and then you be Tiger?? C'mon dude, get your butt over to a Perkins!!

The OEM/LeeC and T/P4B matchup is going to interesting. A lot of people are assuming LeeC will carry the match but OEM has game.

Just no way Ike and P4B lose.

Looking at the matchups again. Each one really does a great job of combining strengths to make a good team. This is going to be so freaking cool.

I've seen your game, you are no Phil! LOL Now maybe if you start playing left handed......

sure he is....he hits some amazing shots and then he hits some shots where you say to yourself "what the heck was that?" haha

Yoccos is a legendary ball striker

sure he is....he hits some amazing shots and then he hits some shots where you say to yourself "what the heck was that?" haha

Well yes, in that sense you are correct. Phil II is born!! (still hits RH though...lol)

Looking forward to the introductions and the atmosphere around the first tee, I wouldn't expect anything less from this tournament.

JB, quick question: is the way that the matches are listed in the article going to be the order of play on that day, or could the matches switch around? I've got no problem being in the anchor match in the morning, but was just curious if it was set in stone or not.

For the morning round, the order listed is the order it will be played.

For the morning round, the order listed is the order it will be played.

smart move putting CG13 in the final group. We wouldn't want to hold up play for everyone:alien:

Yeah dude, you and a few others haven't really seen my game. But I'll put all that to rest come August when Esox and I run roughshot over Ad and DD.

I've seen your game, you are no Phil! LOL Now maybe if you start playing left handed......

Exactly Dean. Deano!

You're right Hawk. Some really exceptional matchups and I look forward to the outcomes along with seeing how they play out. I'm really stoked though to hear what THPers thinks about these.

I'm so excited for this event even from here! THP coverage will be awesome. Really looking forward to the player interviews and hearing the nerves come through before I throw my considerable Euro backing behind one team!

Some nice match ups being thrown out there from the start!

I too am really excited for this especially considering i'm not playing. I will follow intently as I think this is an incredible event for all weekend hackers... Big thanks again to Callaway and TaylorMade and of course THP. JUST AWESOME!

thanks for including the forum names...I was so lost lol

+100 to that my friend...

More like, peas and carrots. Our senses of humor match up well and our shots will give us plenty of options. Esox gives us the fairway and I give us a view of the vegetation.

I fear the general public and our opponents don't understand the Packers fan/Bears fan dynamic. In general it is a fun loving relationship. Now if you were a Vikings fan...

I love the vegetation. I'm a salad eater. Vegetation is my meat and potatoes. Our free wheeling style is going to blow the minds of AD and DD67. They seem a little "tight".

Kevin

Back