Good Good Shakeup: Signs with Callaway

Ahhh! Okay.

I personally don't know the events that transpired, just know after he left it fizzled out.
Golf companies are lean in mean in marketing. @templeton80 saw the majority of an entire dept at the Grandaddy. Taking the time and resources to record, edit, distribute, etc takes away from other aspects is my guess that are best served.

Wow! Big time news in the YouTube golf department.

Golf companies are lean in mean in marketing. @templeton80 saw the majority of an entire dept at the Grandaddy. Taking the time and resources to record, edit, distribute, etc takes away from other aspects is my guess that are best served.

That makes a lot of sense. I saw some pictures of the Grandaddy team sitting on the podcast couches. I was jelly 🤣

They have to be nimble that is for sure. I could see a dept getting to big too spread out could stall out marketing and in this game there is no time to recover. You have to be 24/7 on your game.

Do you think this will help with any of the Pro players and the PIP or whatever the PGA tries to push for social media?

Absolutely. Wonder how their putter and clothing will work
I obviously have no idea but I can't imagine a world where they would have given up their clothing cash cow for this deal.

I would like to hear @Vosh68 ’s thoughts on this.

The interesting thing was when Michah Morris and Grant Horvat both left the channel, they both seemed to elude to one of the reasons about the direction they were going was sort of against what they stood for. Like it was an ethical/moral dilemma. Maybe they didn't buy in on the Callaway partnership??

weren't those guys already staffers/ambassadors with other oems? how is this any different?

i'm ambivalent about all this. whatever is good for the game is good for me. if this is how a newer generation of golfers is going to be introduced to the game, i think that's great. i'd love to see these guys find a way to implement some etiquette and pace of play into their videos so the newer golfers have a chance to learn.

makes sense since their recent golf Galaxy video they were raving about chromesofts... like over and above normal

makes sense since their recent golf Galaxy video they were raving about chromesofts... like over and above normal
I picked up on that too. Older rogue irons etc when they did the spend $1500 challenge.

weren't those guys already staffers/ambassadors with other oems? how is this any different?

i'm ambivalent about all this. whatever is good for the game is good for me. if this is how a newer generation of golfers is going to be introduced to the game, i think that's great. i'd love to see these guys find a way to implement some etiquette and pace of play into their videos so the newer golfers have a chance to learn.
I think we might be saying the same thing. I didn't phrase my original post that well.

I am fine with them going over to Callaway. Money obviously talked. What I was more curious about was Micah and Grant, upon leaving, both seemed to disfavor the direction Good Good was going. I think Grant even said something about it going against his values. Maybe he didn't want to reneg on his deal with Mizuno and that led to the eventual split. Micah just seemed to want to focus on his path to become a Pro. No harm in either of them splitting, but they both seemed to site this 1/3 announcement as part of the reason they left. I would think the partnership with Callaway was good for the Good Good brand, so them splitting must have been well thought out as I am sure it would have deepened their pocket book.

Why is this thread in the 19th hole and not in the Golf Talk or Equipment section (now with the Cally partnership)?
Seems like it would get more views and discussion in those areas.

Im actually more behind this now, than before. I thought they were going to launch their own branded line of clubs like the putter. Throwing a stamp on a JAWS wedge won't hurt anyone. I won't buy it, but I can get behind that approach better. Everything is "someone X someone" these days.

They are just out the there to move product, so I can see it as a smart move for both sides.

Im actually more behind this now, than before. I thought they were going to launch their own branded line of clubs like the putter. Throwing a stamp on a JAWS wedge won't hurt anyone. I won't buy it, but I can get behind that approach better. Everything is "someone X someone" these days.

They are just out the there to move product, so I can see it as a smart move for both sides.

agree. I wonder if the keep on producing their own apparel or if they move that as well under the Callaway or Travis Matthew name.

Would anyone think it'd be a cool addition to an experience with Callaway to have an ambassador like these guys show up?

I mean Nebraska is kind of close to Texas, right? Goat Cup special appearance

Would anyone think it'd be a cool addition to an experience with Callaway to have an ambassador like these guys show up?

on one hand, yes that would be cool.
On the other, their whole shtick is being the entertainment. I’d hate for them to show up and the experience becomes more about them than the THPers

I don't think it would help the pace of play

on one hand, yes that would be cool.
On the other, their whole shtick is being the entertainment. I’d hate for them to show up and the experience becomes more about them than the THPers
Ah good point, it would turn into a show of sorts if they were to show up.

Maybe the chipping contest at night... beat Garrett at a chipping contest win something ridiculous

I think we might be saying the same thing. I didn't phrase my original post that well.

I am fine with them going over to Callaway. Money obviously talked. What I was more curious about was Micah and Grant, upon leaving, both seemed to disfavor the direction Good Good was going. I think Grant even said something about it going against his values. Maybe he didn't want to reneg on his deal with Mizuno and that led to the eventual split. Micah just seemed to want to focus on his path to become a Pro. No harm in either of them splitting, but they both seemed to site this 1/3 announcement as part of the reason they left. I would think the partnership with Callaway was good for the Good Good brand, so them splitting must have been well thought out as I am sure it would have deepened their pocket book.
From their CEO this really is more of a way to get their clubs out there. They don't just want to stamp badges but have input into how a club is made. They obviously don't want to put the money into creating a whole golf club design company so having this kind of collaboration is the way to go. I think a lot of that is pie in the sky but I dunno.

Grant didn't have to be involved with the Callaway stuff and could of stayed on the channel so the Callaway or Mizuno thing isn't why he left. Grant has said he hates tournaments and really wants to teach so the content that Good Good will be doing will have some marketing I am sure but also probably not what Grant wants to do. I won't put words in his mouth though.

Good catch. They had played them regularly prior to this though.

I want to play golf one day with Fat Perez! Dude is the best.

Channel should really be called "Fat Perez does Sports." Love Bob's personality, but man does FP carry them every time.

Back