Good Good Shakeup: Signs with Callaway

Would anyone think it'd be a cool addition to an experience with Callaway to have an ambassador like these guys show up?

I mean Nebraska is kind of close to Texas, right? Goat Cup special appearance
I prefer THP’ers 😉

From their CEO this really is more of a way to get their clubs out there. They don't just want to stamp badges but have input into how a club is made. They obviously don't want to put the money into creating a whole golf club design company so having this kind of collaboration is the way to go. I think a lot of that is pie in the sky but I dunno.

Grant didn't have to be involved with the Callaway stuff and could of stayed on the channel so the Callaway or Mizuno thing isn't why he left. Grant has said he hates tournaments and really wants to teach so the content that Good Good will be doing will have some marketing I am sure but also probably not what Grant wants to do. I won't put words in his mouth though.

Grant has a gift for instruction

I have watched a few of their videos but not a ton, so dont have the highest awareness of the situation or people. I do hope this works out to be good for both sides though.

Would anyone think it'd be a cool addition to an experience with Callaway to have an ambassador like these guys show up?

I mean Nebraska is kind of close to Texas, right? Goat Cup special appearance
I’ll be honest, I have no idea who these guys are haha

on one hand, yes that would be cool.
On the other, their whole shtick is being the entertainment. I’d hate for them to show up and the experience becomes more about them than the THPers
I think the experience can still be about THPr's in this pretend scenario where something could actually be done with Good Good. I think it would be really neat to see how they do that. Part of the THP experiences is meeting the giants we see for the companies? I want to meet Danny Le who I've heard so much about from this community. It was really cool to see Vosh on a video with Good Good back a couple months cause it was like, "hey that's the guy that goes to the THP Experiences!!"

For me personally it was really cool to play alongside Keenan from True Temper and meet the guy everyone on THP talks about, THE Jason Finley. It was cool to meet JB, and put a name to his face.

I think it would be just as cool to meet and play alongside one of the Good Good guys. I just don't see how any of that takes away from the experience, and if you're telling me there also going to do a bit of filming in that experience that is a cherry on the top.

There is nothing I would love more than to see a Live Update Thread chalk full of comments and then see a video release a few weeks later knowing that was the experience you were a part of, and on top of it...now your just drumming back up conversation that feeds back into THP Live Update thread a few weeks later. Seems like a win win to me.

I think the experience can still be about THPr's in this pretend scenario where something could actually be done with Good Good. I think it would be really neat to see how they do that. Part of the THP experiences is meeting the giants we see for the companies? I want to meet Danny Le who I've heard so much about from this community. It was really cool to see Vosh on a video with Good Good back a couple months cause it was like, "hey that's the guy that goes to the THP Experiences!!"

For me personally it was really cool to play alongside Keenan from True Temper and meet the guy everyone on THP talks about, THE Jason Finley. It was cool to meet JB, and put a name to his face.

I think it would be just as cool to meet and play alongside one of the Good Good guys. I just don't see how any of that takes away from the experience, and if you're telling me there also going to do a bit of filming in that experience that is a cherry on the top.

There is nothing I would love more than to see a Live Update Thread chalk full of comments and then see a video release a few weeks later knowing that was the experience you were a part of, and on top of it...now your just drumming back up conversation that feeds back into THP Live Update thread a few weeks later. Seems like a win win to me.

The event where Sadlowski showed up to TopGolf with THPers comes to mind as probably the closest comparison. It was cool, but still apples to oranges when talking about being on course.

Kenan and Finley, in your example, are amazing people to meet at an experience and play golf with, no doubt. Sadlowski as well. And even Good Good the chance to meet with and pick their brains would be a cool part of an experience. But Keenan/Finley/Sadlowski have a job that is outside of just playing some golf like THPers or GoodGood. They aren’t the content, on the course, whereas GoodGood is.

I would hate for a THPer to go to an event, play multiple rounds of golf where filming is happening, but that THPer is basically an extra or random insert and waiting watching things happen (like waiting for Good Good to fill and hit shots).

I love that the center of attention is on the THPer in these experiences. Grandaddy where you are the ultimate VIP. Morgan Cup where you are treated like a staffer.

That’s GG’s job, their career, is being front and center, it’s about THEM, and that is totally different than anything I know of that has happened in an experience so far. I know an event could be done with Good Good, but I would hope it is made clear that the event is about the THPer following along GG. Because the event wouldn’t be about THP, it would be about GG.

The event where Sadlowski showed up to TopGolf with THPers comes to mind as probably the closest comparison. It was cool, but still apples to oranges when talking about being on course.

Kenan and Finley, in your example, are amazing people to meet at an experience and play golf with, no doubt. Sadlowski as well. And even Good Good the chance to meet with and pick their brains would be a cool part of an experience. But Keenan/Finley/Sadlowski have a job that is outside of just playing some golf like THPers or GoodGood. They aren’t the content, on the course, whereas GoodGood is.

I would hate for a THPer to go to an event, play multiple rounds of golf where filming is happening, but that THPer is basically an extra or random insert and waiting watching things happen (like waiting for Good Good to fill and hit shots).

I love that the center of attention is on the THPer in these experiences. Grandaddy where you are the ultimate VIP. Morgan Cup where you are treated like a staffer.

That’s GG’s job, their career, is being front and center, it’s about THEM, and that is totally different than anything I know of that has happened in an experience so far. I know an event could be done with Good Good, but I would hope it is made clear that the event is about the THPer following along GG. Because the event wouldn’t be about THP, it would be about GG.
I think that's a totally fair and well articulated take. Makes sense. I personally think it would be awesome, but I see how you're differentiating the two. Makes sense.

Here we go. Just starting now

I had a bit of a chat with Bubbie yesterday. He seems like a great dude.

Garrett was hitting stingers as part of the show and you could tell he wasn’t hitting them how he wanted while the camera was rolling. The second they moved on he grabbed the club again and started hitting more haha. Such a golfer move.

3559B04D-C70B-4EAB-A2D7-59AF43409719.jpeg
4985F536-F53D-4047-9973-0D83A983A0A5.jpeg

I had a bit of a chat with Bubbie yesterday. He seems like a great dude.

Garrett was hitting stingers as part of the show and you could tell he wasn’t hitting them how he wanted while the camera was rolling. The second they moved on he grabbed the club again and started hitting more haha. Such a golfer move.

View attachment 9148806
View attachment 9148807
Gosh. I'm so jealous they got to meet you.

I'd definitely love to have a cigar with Bubbie.

As my wife put it, “they seem like fun guys, having a good time.” I completely agree and it’s part of the draw to them. Great move for Callaway but wish Grant was still part of it.

I watched the first episode of the Callaway tour pro golf match they did. The golf was great. They’ll all get a little more comfortable with the interviews. I started following all the pros on IG. Those women are impressive golfers. It got me down a rabbit hole of watching some LPGA videos.

I still have yet to watch these guys, everyone raves about them though. It will give me something to do this off season.

While I enjoy watching good good on YouTube I think it would take away from a THP events. I really enjoyed playing with @DannyLe last year and meeting all my teammates and forming lasting friendships. While if I went to an event based around a content creator I am not sure I would get that.

While I enjoy watching good good on YouTube I think it would take away from a THP events. I really enjoyed playing with @DannyLe last year and meeting all my teammates and forming lasting friendships. While if I went to an event based around a content creator I am not sure I would get that.

I think it’s just like meeting the staff of the different OEMs and golfing with them. You’re still interacting with THPers and the staff or in this case Good Good personalities. Still time to rub elbows with everyone. My guess is that any event with them would include some golf groups of THPers and them. Lots of opportunities to still make friends.

Part 2

Just wrapping up this episode right now. Definitely not my favorite content from them. I really miss the Garrett and Grant content. Don't mind the Luke vs Grant/Garrett matches either.

this was a big nothing burger from the Collab... not up to their standard. Too forced and GG guys didn't seem like themselves.

The women golfers were so much better in the videos than the guys. The 2nd video is so dead pan from the Callaway pros.

Here we go. Just starting now

I watched Part I and Part II last night, that's the first Good Good I've ever watched. Surprised nobody has yet posted a "Trigger Warning" for joggers, untucked shirts and backwards ball caps! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: (Doesn't bother me, but some people are a bit....tender....about it)

I watched Part I and Part II last night, that's the first Good Good I've ever watched. Surprised nobody has yet posted a "Trigger Warning" for joggers, untucked shirts and backwards ball caps! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: (Doesn't bother me, but some people are a bit....tender....about it)
Good Good Golf the home of ankles on the course. Honestly them wearing them so often has made my viewpoint on joggers shift. Now I just don't care.

Good Good Golf the home of ankles on the course. Honestly them wearing them so often has made my viewpoint on joggers shift. Now I just don't care.
Erik Van Rooyen must have felt right at home playing with them! :LOL:

Back