Good Good Shakeup: Signs with Callaway

The women golfers were so much better in the videos than the guys. The 2nd video is so dead pan from the Callaway pros.
it was soooo boring I don't think either group was having fun . not sure why they repeatedly played that same hole. it wasn't fun to watch regardless where tee was..
also HH was the worst. attributing it to shyness or foreign personality.

it was soooo boring I don't think either group was having fun . not sure why they repeatedly played that same hole. it wasn't fun to watch regardless where tee was..
also HH was the worst. attributing it to shyness or foreign personality.
When Franceso had the most personality I think it was a miss. It looked like there were a few things being filmed at the course. It was Kierland so not sure seeing more holes on that course would help. :ROFLMAO:

Happy for Callaway as this will get them views. I have watched a decent amount of good good. I liked them more before the whole "shakeup"... It is a really weird world we live in now that we care what youtube golfers use and do. But hey, it is the world we live in.

When Franceso had the most personality I think it was a miss. It looked like there were a few things being filmed at the course. It was Kierland so not sure seeing more holes on that course would help. :ROFLMAO:
haha I was trying to think who had the most charisma and was like well Francesco smiled... Annika was at least interested same with the other two women.

What does that mean? Francesco Molinari is like an erputing volcano of personality spweing lava onto a stockpile of emotion fireworks.

1200px-Francesco_Molinari.jpeg

haha I was trying to think who had the most charisma and was like well Francesco smiled... Annika was at least interested same with the other two women.
I can't even imagine Annika ever being anything less than gracious and classy.

I can't even imagine Annika ever being anything less than gracious and classy.
that's true! she was full of grace and brought a great story

So i am catchig up on all of this and not sure I quite understand why Good Good is a thing. This isn't a get off my lawn kind of post, I'm just trying to find the attraction to this kind of content. If I was going to dig in and get a better perspective of what they bring to the table, do I go all the way to the beginning or is there a spot to start that would help me understand better?

So i am catchig up on all of this and not sure I quite understand why Good Good is a thing. This isn't a get off my lawn kind of post, I'm just trying to find the attraction to this kind of content. If I was going to dig in and get a better perspective of what they bring to the table, do I go all the way to the beginning or is there a spot to start that would help me understand better?
I just recently found their content after coming across a putting fitting video with Micah Morris one of the original members (recently left to pursue a pro career).

For me, after watching a few videos (I didn't go back, I just started watching from the point when I discovered them) it was more about getting a feel for each of their personalities and enjoying watching them play one another on the course. I enjoy the banter and ribbing they throw at one another. Each bring a different feel to the content.
Garrett - the main guy behing Good Good, seems pretty genuine and is the sort of glue guy that keeps the group on task if that makes sense.
Matt - I know many find him obnoxious, but he reminds me of the typical frat guy personna, kinda loud, but he does fill alot of dead air with his comments, etc
Bubbie - enjoy watching him bomb the ball. Not the best golfer of the bunch, but he's always there to make a putt and Mr Positivity. Always has a positive thing to say. I know he's battled addiction and deals with tourettes syndrome. My son doesn't have full blown tourettes but he suffered from a bad nervous tick for a couple years so Bubbie has a soft spot for me.
Steve - the guy that doesn't seem to care out there. Just grips and rips it, no practice swings just gets up and hits it. Least skilled of the group but provides some good comic relief. I know he's battled some severe back pain following a car accident so he has stated on his channel recently that is why he seems disengaged (due to the pain).
Kwon - newest member, former Korn Ferry Tour guy - the driest personality wise, but probably the most skilled of the current group.

Former members -
Micah - kinda quiet, went about his business, could tell he was taking the golf seriously, was the best golfer out of the group
Grant - very good teacher of the swing, genuine guy and seemed to really enjoy himself out there. Liked his commentary on the course. Was sad to see him go but he cranks out good content on his own channel.

Also being, winter here in OH and no golf, its nice to watch content of beautiful courses and seeing every shot. I feel like the PGA tour coverage bounces around so much from shot to shot that you never get a full flavor for the course. With Good Good, you see every shot so you really get to know the courses they are playing. Also I love playing in scrambles and many of their videos are in a scramble format. I just dig watching people compete against other. Also its cool to get to know some of their guests as they come on the channel. I can see where it wouldn't be for everyone, but I find it enjoyable to watch.

The women golfers were so much better in the videos than the guys. The 2nd video is so dead pan from the Callaway pros.

The women were so much better. I even followed them all after. Although I liked it when Erik can Rooyen came on the 2nd episode.

The videos linked in this thread are the first Good Good content I've ever watched. To me it's about like sitting down and watching a sitcom or two on the TV - idiotic, funny, mindless entertainment for a little while. It's not toxic like most of social media (as long as you don't read the comments), it's just a frivolous and kinda fun way to waste time when I have nothing else going on at the moment.

The videos linked in this thread are the first Good Good content I've ever watched. To me it's about like sitting down and watching a sitcom or two on the TV - idiotic, funny, mindless entertainment for a little while. It's not toxic like most of social media (as long as you don't read the comments), it's just a frivolous and kinda fun way to waste time when I have nothing else going on at the moment.
This is where I have landed. I tried to watch some this morning and nothing jumped out at me that made me want to make this a part of my viewing rotation. If i am bored or just need something on in the background while I work this will do, but nothing jumped out at me as original or must see YouTube content

I'm a Xander fan after today's video

I generally like the Good Good stuff. That said recently their stuff promoting the Callaway gear feels forced. Bubbie, Matt, and Steve on the Good Good extra on their Trackman...meh. It was honestly probably the worst when they started hitting golf balls there because the spin was usually an estimate and it was about 1600 backspin. Pretty sure that's not a playable spin rate for most (maybe all) people

I'm a Xander fan after today's video

Same. Xander seems like a cool guy. Bubbie is a beast off the tee.

The Pardym driver Trackman session was a little cringy. I would have thought they would hit their previous drivers to compare with the Paradym driver. Then talk a little bit about the improvements. I think they will get better with being more natural when just talking about equipment. If not, then Callaway probably starts sending someone to do videos with them like Tayormade does with the Foreplay guys.

Good Good was way more interesting with Grant, as he and Garrett were a great match of personalities and talent level, but they still have some things going for them. They each have their own personality, and many of the challenges they set up are pretty interesting. For parents of young golfers, there is also the bonus that they are G rated. Never any dirty talk, and they don't even allow swearing. Are they as entertaining as other channels (Bob does sports, for example), no. But I wouldn't want my young kids watching Bob does sports.

Good Good was way more interesting with Grant, as he and Garrett were a great match of personalities and talent level, but they still have some things going for them. They each have their own personality, and many of the challenges they set up are pretty interesting. For parents of young golfers, there is also the bonus that they are G rated. Never any dirty talk, and they don't even allow swearing. Are they as entertaining as other channels (Bob does sports, for example), no. But I wouldn't want my young kids watching Bob does sports.
The family-friendly aspect is the primary reason I even know who these guys are. My son enjoys watching them, and I can allow it without having to worry what he's consuming.

Awesome to see the fitters we worked with in 2021.

Set cool. It was like experiencing the ecpc again. Pretty close to showing how our fitting went. Maybe a bit more detail as they were probably way less pressed on time. Lol.

I would love love love to go to the ecpc with no time limit..

Xander is a boss on here...

are you allowed to say Great? or only good

Cant do this shot trasher

Lol having Nick be Steve's fitter was wasted knowledge on him. Glad they at least filmed him though so everyone else can hear what he has to say! One of the smartest dudes ever! Doesn't even make you feel bad when your putting stroke is terrible :LOL:

Back