Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
one day im hitting the ball as flush as possible and the very very next day its duff city blehhh

I hate.....peopl who don't answer e-mails. I understand you may not have time for my project request or time to sit down and talk about a project, but a simple "hey I got your e-mail and will look into it when I get a chance" e-mail would be great.

I'm done with my PIG hole of a home course! Not only does the place :poop: the bed as a golf course, but the customer service took a big dump today as well!

The tee boxes are dirt patches.
The fairways are weed fields.
The greens are a combination of the above!
They don't have NEARLY enough carts to support the course.
And now thy expect me to pay extra for a cart that may or may not make the entire round. And that's IF I AM LUCKY ENOUGH to get a cart!

I'll stop rambling & venting now but suffice it to say I'm beyond pissed! How the hell do you change the deal in the middle of a membership at such a crummy course?

I'm done with my PIG hole of a home course! Not only does the place :poop: the bed as a golf course, but the customer service took a big dump today as well!

And now thy expect me to pay extra for a cart that may or may not make the entire round. And that's IF I AM LUCKY ENOUGH to get a cart!

I'll stop rambling & venting now but suffice it to say I'm beyond pissed! How the hell do you change the deal in the middle of a membership at such a crummy course?

That sucks bro, sometimes the xtra money for another course is worth it

That sounds pretty crappy. I hope the memberships aren't too pricy it doesn't look like your getting your moneys worth

Tap tap taparoo

one day im hitting the ball as flush as possible and the very very next day its duff city blehhh

Mine's usually more of a shot-to-shot thing than a day-to-day thing.

the cart situation sounds like our course but we have brand new carts... just not enough brand new ones
Mine's usually more of a shot-to-shot thing than a day-to-day thing.
today was kinda like that... but more army golf style

today was kinda like that... but more army golf style

Those suck too. Especially when your cart mate is doing the same thing, but you two aren't synched up.

If you are a regular I would tell someone at the course and then peace out. Telling someone at the course and seeing their players go and play somewhere else SHOULD set off some alarms that they need to get their act together.

Those suck too. Especially when your cart mate is doing the same thing, but you two aren't synched up.

its way worse when its cartpath only and you hit away from the path... both of you

it just wasn't my day to go golfing....

1) 1 of the 2 coworkers didn't show so we waited and I ended up calling to find out he was still sleeping.
2) there was 1 group of each 3, 4, and 2 ahead of us at 7am.
3) We jumped to the 3rd hole because we thought could still make it back to the office by 9 and then got yelled at by one of the greens keepers due to us "Messing up his cutting schedule" @$$ We told him not to worry we'll just wait or play through.
4) It started raining and thunder after playing 2 holes.
5) Back at the office and now of course it isn't raining at all.

Crappy way to start the day.

1) 1 of the 2 coworkers didn't show so we waited and I ended up calling to find out he was still sleeping.
3) We jumped to the 3rd hole because we thought could still make it back to the office by 9 and then got yelled at by one of the greens keepers due to us "Messing up his cutting schedule" @$$ We told him not to worry we'll just wait or play through.

Pet Peeve of mine; people who don't show or are extremley late for tee times.

Wow that's really unfortunate. Sounds like the golf gods were upset with you

Tap tap taparoo

Pet Peeve of mine; people who don't show or are extremley late for tee times.

I b!tch3d at him at the office. All he had to do was call and tell me he wasn't coming and I would have been fine with it.

Ooooooooooook. This one will be multi-rantish.

Well, I showed up at the golf course today and it was only 94 and there was only 4 groups on course so I figured I'd walk it out, ended up 102 when I was done, not bad. Anywho, these four groups were on 3, 5, 7, and 10 when I began my round, they were all in carts, I had my trusty Clicgear. I played through 3 of the 4 and was hitting my tee ball on 18 as the other group was finishing. I walked in 2 hours and 20 minutes, I'm THAT much faster than you and I had to ASK to play through all three groups as they just continued to stare at me as I was at the tee box when they were, C'mon.

Rant two, this is the biggie for me. I played behind a group of 5 from whole 7 on and they would not let me play through despite staring at me multiple times, I know its because I was a walker. I know this because as I finish up for birdie on 9 they were getting drinks in the clubhouse so I speed up to get to the tee and hope they're waiting on me. Wrong. The see me and promptly pull all FOUR of their carts up as quick as they can and grab clubs. Seeing this is going nowhere I stand back and watch all 5 tee off on the par 3, only one hit the green from 160 and he put it about 10 feet, pretty swing really. Well, he turns and says, "Tell ya what bud, we gotta drive all the way around to the green so while we drive why don't you try your best and we'll see if ya play through or not", this gets a laugh from his buddies. I'm now PISSED. I mean PISSED. So, I promptly wait for them to start driving and get to where they can see, grab my 7i and rip it to two feet with my "Cute" (according to him) yellow golf ball. I promptly walk my cart the back way and beat them to the green and go to putt it out and the 4 not on the green begin their chip/pitch shots while I'm there. I birdie, he three jacks and they STILL weren't going to let me play through until the little kid riding along told his dad he was showing "poor etiquette" and it was hilarious.

Needless to say I finished 13 and they were just teeing off on 11. I hate pricks like that.

I won't lie though, that was THE most fulfilling 7i I've ever hit LOL

Well, I showed up at the golf course today and it was only 94 and there was only 4 groups on course so I figured I'd walk it out, ended up 102 when I was done, not bad. Anywho, these four groups were on 3, 5, 7, and 10 when I began my round, they were all in carts, I had my trusty Clicgear. I played through 3 of the 4 and was hitting my tee ball on 18 as the other group was finishing. I walked in 2 hours and 20 minutes, I'm THAT much faster than you and I had to ASK to play through all three groups as they just continued to stare at me as I was at the tee box when they were, C'mon.

Rant two, this is the biggie for me. I played behind a group of 5 from whole 7 on and they would not let me play through despite staring at me multiple times, I know its because I was a walker. I know this because as I finish up for birdie on 9 they were getting drinks in the clubhouse so I speed up to get to the tee and hope they're waiting on me. Wrong. The see me and promptly pull all FOUR of their carts up as quick as they can and grab clubs. Seeing this is going nowhere I stand back and watch all 5 tee off on the par 3, only one hit the green from 160 and he put it about 10 feet, pretty swing really. Well, he turns and says, "Tell ya what bud, we gotta drive all the way around to the green so while we drive why don't you try your best and we'll see if ya play through or not", this gets a laugh from his buddies. I'm now PISSED. I mean PISSED. So, I promptly wait for them to start driving and get to where they can see, grab my 7i and rip it to two feet with my "Cute" (according to him) yellow golf ball. I promptly walk my cart the back way and beat them to the green and go to putt it out and the 4 not on the green begin their chip/pitch shots while I'm there. I birdie, he three jacks and they STILL weren't going to let me play through until the little kid riding along told his dad he was showing "poor etiquette" and it was hilarious.

Needless to say I finished 13 and they were just teeing off on 11. I hate pricks like that.

Rant #2 is just plain AWESOME!!! The fact that a child told the adults a thing or two about etiquette gives me hope for the future of this game.

Rant #2 is just plain AWESOME!!! The fact that a child told the adults a thing or two about etiquette gives me hope for the future of this game.

Yep, that's what I though too! And I'd be lying if I said I didn't chuckle out loud about it.

I'm not a hostile guy, especially not while playing, but this dude really did set me off.

wow jman sorry to hear about that... sad to say there are dbags everywhere

my rant pales in comparison

i was almost in 2 accidents today due to ppl not watching where theyre going
one was backing out of their driveway right into the busy street
the other was turning from a dead stop right into my lane forcing me to drive onto the median horns blazing!

Why oh WHY does JB persist in dropping "something interesting" posts on equipment that I'm ALREADY interested in?

#2 is awesome. Glad that the DBags didn't completely throw you off. I would have done something where I would yell out, "In your face" then give them the you're #1 signal.

Why oh WHY does JB persist in dropping "something interesting" posts on equipment that I'm ALREADY interested in?

I'd rather that then buy something then him making the announcement. That one really sucks... believe me, I know.

#2 is awesome. Glad that the DBags didn't completely throw you off. I would have done something where I would yell out, "In your face" then give them the you're #1 signal.

I seriously considered going Happy Gilmore...."Somebody's Cloooooooser!"

I seriously considered going Happy Gilmore...."Somebody's Cloooooooser!"

I would have even done the Shooter McGavin celebration

Choke on that baby!

We have these things called spoiler tags if you want to put a result in a what are you watching thread. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back