Off Course: Bitten By the Golf Bug

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show. Hosted by Dan Edwards, each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today, Mark Malloy joins the show and they discuss what it is like getting bitten by the golf bug.

It wouldn’t be Off Course without some tangents, but Dan and Mark talk about what it is like joining the game of golf. This show has a lot going on and is one you will not want to miss as Mark goes Off Course.

Episode 145 is here and Dan and Mark discuss the following topics.

Tiger and Daly, the disrupters
How Other Sports Translate to Golf
Full Swing Creating New Fans
The Cultural Shift of the Game
And so much more

You can listen to the show right here, Apple Podcasts or of anywhere you do your listening and downloading from. Search for the Hackers Paradise and make sure to subscribe so you never miss an episode. After listening, come back over and drop us a note below on what you agree and/or disagree with from the episode.

Continue reading...

Definitely going to make some time to listen today. Let’s get excited about the golf season!

Excited to listen on the way to work today

Johnson pick 😅

I’m a Mark fan. Great conversation :drinks:

Now that I’m commuting every day, Off Course day is an even better day! Kiddos always ask to hear Uncle Dan when we are driving too!

@Jman You're

It's great to hear your kids want to hear it too!

My son always asks for me to take him to school on Friday so we can listen to THP Radio!

@Jman You're

It's great to hear your kids want to hear it too!

My son always asks for me to take him to school on Friday so we can listen to THP Radio!

Haha, we had the conversation yesterday in the car of how Uncle Dan is their uncle, the eldest chimed in that he’s dad’s family, which is accurate.

Haha, we had the conversation yesterday in the car of how Uncle Dan is their uncle, the eldest chimed in that he’s dad’s family, which is accurate.

That's too cool. We have a uncle Robbie that's the same way. Have a great day today @Jman! Enjoy the commute with the kiddos!

I have an over 2 hour drive this morning for my next site now that it's all drivable.

Can't wait to listen to this one!

Will grab a listen today!

yeah he won't be living that one down ANY time soon, after calling me a homer for picking Burrow hahaha

You are overestimating my maturity with that post :LOL:

It has been incredibly fun following Mark's journey into the game, and the excitement he feels after going to the range with new clubs, hitting that one shot during a session that just sends electricity through his body, and etc.

I'm going to have to get him out to a THP gathering so he can see how awesome you guys are.

Great listen. I have 3 friends that are brother and are Tongan. They started playing last year and they have got bitten bad!! Like real bad. It’s both awesome and hilarious.. these are all 6’6” 250 pound beasts of men that all played college football and thought the game was dumb till they finally tried it.
D1A76B6A-3900-4BC5-8873-CECC039AF510.jpeg

I will add. That for my Tongan friends Tony Finau. Someone that looked like them, talked like them becoming a big deal really helped them decide it was cool enough to really try.

Halfway done after drive into work this am. Second half will be for commute home. Is Mark a THP member?

Halfway done after drive into work this am. Second half will be for commute home. Is Mark a THP member?
Not yet - he's more of a social media kind of guy haha

Should i drag him on here?

Not yet - he's more of a social media kind of guy haha

Should i drag him on here?
He's already down or at least on the edge of the rabbit hole. Its the next logical progression to become a crazie lol. Especially with such a golf nut as a BIL (y)

Great conversation, he definitely seems like he'd fit right in here. He's got the bug now I mean he has the time to the nearest range down to the minute haha, get him out to the O... oh and show him the bourbon thread haha

Fun conversation. Love the "outsider" perspective.

Also back pondering on the Eastside golf site. :love:

Back