The Longest Fairway Wood?

But in your comparisons, it wasn't the case?

I have not hit the Cleveland Ti, but in the case with the TEE, it was not the case for our testing.

I've likely already posted in here, but it would be extremely hard for me not to vote for my TM 2.0 3wood as the longest off the deck and straightest to boot. Too bad the 2.0 Driver didn't give me similar results off the tee this weekend, lol.

Well I spent some time with a track-man today. I hit my Mashie M1, the FL, Superfast 2.0, and the Adams F11. I hit 20 balls with each.

Didn't see anything exciting from the SF 2.0.
My M1 was the most consistent as far as right/left and the distance was pretty tight.
The F11 was very forgiving and my longest shots were with the Adams, but the distance was inconsistant.
The FL had the best average distance and a steady draw.

Fortunately for my wallet, I decided to stay with the M1. Since it's already paid for, I decided not to commit the capitol to a new club. It would take a tremendous stroke of fortune for me to change out the M1.

JB, have you done anymore testing with the FL? I see the Octane is still in your sig, did it win overall? Or is the testing still on going?

Good review. Just read it for the first time. I've been eye'ing those new 3/5 woods and now I have an excuse to check them out even more. Why does THP keep doing this to me! LOL

JB, have you done anymore testing with the FL? I see the Octane is still in your sig, did it win overall? Or is the testing still on going?

Testing is still going on. However after today's round, that sig may change.

Well I spent some time with a track-man today. I hit my Mashie M1, the FL, Superfast 2.0, and the Adams F11. I hit 20 balls with each.

Didn't see anything exciting from the SF 2.0.
My M1 was the most consistent as far as right/left and the distance was pretty tight.
The F11 was very forgiving and my longest shots were with the Adams, but the distance was inconsistant.

The FL had the best average distance and a steady draw.

Fortunately for my wallet, I decided to stay with the M1. Since it's already paid for, I decided not to commit the capitol to a new club. It would take a tremendous stroke of fortune for me to change out the M1.

Has anyone else that has hit or owned the Cleveland FL fairways to have a draw bias ?

Has anyone else that has hit or owned the Cleveland FL fairways to have a draw bias ?

I have not had this issue at all. None whatsoever.

My friend has the FL fairway and he loves it. He hits it dead straight, but he is also a 8 hcp. I just texted him and he says he doesnt believe it has any draw bias whatsoever

Have others here on THP (besides blugold)) found that the FL does indeed have a draw bias ? In my limited experience yesterday on the course, I found that my normal fade turned into a draw or pull/ draw. For me this is good because I can learn to straighten my fade and get added distance as well. Will need to get more course time to figure out the best aim line for the FL for my flight pattern.

I have not had this issue at all. None whatsoever.

My friend has the FL fairway and he loves it. He hits it dead straight, but he is also a 8 hcp. I just texted him and he says he doesnt believe it has any draw bias whatsoever

Have others here on THP (besides blugold)) found that the FL does indeed have a draw bias ? In my limited experience yesterday on the course, I found that my normal fade turned into a draw or pull/ draw. For me this is good because I can learn to straighten my fade and get added distance as well. Will need to get more course time to figure out the best aim line for the FL for my flight pattern.

Answered above.
As for the pull/draw that you are seeing, I am wondering if that is the case, could the shaft be not the right fit.

Yea, I usually hit my normal fade with these. I use the little dots on the grip to make sure I have the face aligned.

I replaced my Nike MS 3w with the Cleveland FL 3w. The Cleveland is about 10 yards long & seems to have a tighter dispersion rate. I do tend to draw or hook it...but that is my normal swing. I rarely hit a fade with a wood.

I would say the Cleveland is a great fairway wood. Now I am starting to wonder if the Cleveland drivers are just as good :bulgy-eyes:

I've already got a Mashie2. Wondering whether to get the M1 or the FL 3wood. This has maybe already been covered, but I'm looking for a comparison. Blugold has already stated that the distance is close, but I'm wondering how they hit. Is the M1 substantially easier to hit than the FL? What kind of yardage differences are you guys seeing?

I've already got a Mashie2. Wondering whether to get the M1 or the FL 3wood. This has maybe already been covered, but I'm looking for a comparison. Blugold has already stated that the distance is close, but I'm wondering how they hit. Is the M1 substantially easier to hit than the FL? What kind of yardage differences are you guys seeing?

I hit the 3 wood further than the M1. By a good 10-15 yards.

Wow. Okay, that is substantial.

I would say the average would be 10 yards difference for me off the tee with it.

Yeah that's why I got my M2. I figured if I got the M1 I'd still wonder if I was missing some extra yards by not just getting a new 3wood. I'm not a long baller, so every bit counts Glad I split the difference and got the M2 so I have a decent gap from that to my 3wood.
I would say the average would be 10 yards difference for me off the tee with it.

After reading the reviews of the FL 3 wood here, I bought one a couple of weeks ago. I absolutely love it. It replaced a 10yo Sonartec and I can't believe how easy it is to hit both off the tee and the deck. The distance is amazing also. My golf buddies couldn't believe how good I was hitting it.

After such good results with the 3 wood, I bought the 5 wood last week and played with it today. I hit it 3-4 times and had the same great results. Maybe Cleveland irons next:D

I don't think there was a built in bias. I just think I was releasing the club well that day.

As it turns out, the track-man I was using was indoors off of a mat. When I got outside, I had much different results. The M1 off of the deck was a nightmare compared to the FL and the F11. I just could not get the M1 to cooperate. It was between the FL and the F11. Again, outside at a range this time, the F11 had the longest hits. I liked the FL, but I just fell in love with the feel off of the F11. On the course today, the performance justified the F11. As much as I trust a track-man, there is no substitute for actually htting off of bent grass at actual targets. I like the FL a lot, it just wasn't the exact club for me.

Last edited:
Just reading this and might have to try one out. I must say that I took my new TEE CB4 out yesterday and blistered it a couple of times. I have yet to try one of the ultralite heads or shafts, but am curious.

I see you have the Nunchuk shaft. Have you posted your thoughts on this shaft in one of the Nunchuk threads? If not, can you do so? I am really interested in pulling the trigger on one of these.

Done! Check out the thread. Let me know if you have any questions.

I hit the 17° Launcher today on the range. Hadn't spent much time with it due to a review I have going on. Have to say that off the tee this is one awesome fairway. I don't notice quite as much distance off the turf, which kind of goes with what JB experienced. One thing that I love is the sound at impact. I also noticed that it almost appears to be open to me at address when it's square. It's easy to want to close it for some reason.

Back