Eidolon Wedges - Customer Experience

Good write up.
I will probably order some of these after I get a good fitting, I've had my eye on them for a while now. Interested to see what the new Scor line is all about as well, before pulling the trigger.

I too am interested in the Scor line, but, will wait until I'm looking at new irons next year. Beau was able to somewhat fit me over the phone providing some basic info, and, he said that should it turn out as I need thema djusted, that I just need to ship them back and they will make any adjustment I need for free. I figured I'd play thems tandard for now, then, get them adjusted if I need to when I get new irons next year.

Just wanted to piggy back on your posting...

I bought my Eidolon wedges (49,54,59) about a month ago and had the great pleasure of dealing with Beau. He gave me suggestions on the makeup of my wedges and was very courteous and professional through our phone calls and emails. I finally played a round with them last Friday after hitting them on the range 3-4 times prior. I picked an 18 hole par 3 course so that I could focus on the wedges. These wedges are awesome! On the first hole, the ball must have spun back at least 12 feet. I've never seen my ball ever do that. On the 120-yard 11th hole, I used the 49 degree wedge and came within a foot of a hole-in-one! My ball mark was 3 feet past the hole, but the ball spun back to within a foot. I emailed him a picture of the shot as proof! I can immediately tell that my short game is going to improve tremendously with the assistance of these wedges. I can now attack the pin knowing that my ball will stick and stay on the green.

For those interesting in the new line from Eidolon....Stay tuned to THP for something fun.

For those interesting in the new line from Eidolon....Stay tuned to THP for something fun.

I had pretty much already decided I was ordering these wedges on Friday next week, and then you PULL THIS??? I've been around THP long enough to know that when JB speaks of "something interesting" all ears should perk up!

Edit: Great post OP. I have been interested in Eidolon for a long time. I look at your post as a sign that I should just pull the damn trigger already. I look forward to your impression of the wedges with great anticipation.

I had pretty much already decided I was ordering these wedges on Friday next week, and then you PULL THIS??? I've been around THP long enough to know that when JB speaks of "something interesting" all ears should perk up!

Edit: Great post OP. I have been interested in Eidolon for a long time. I look at your post as a sign that I should just pull the damn trigger already. I look forward to your impression of the wedges with great anticipation.

At the very least, these wedges are equal to the top wedges out there. They perform great so far. I am still not ready to jump the gun on a write up yet as I really want to put them to the test on a few more rounds, however, after saying that. For under $200 to get 3 custom fit wedges that are great clubs is a deal alone. I don't think you will be disappointed. If you do order them call up Beau and talk to him. Tell him Martin sent ya. I know THP is working with them already, but maybe the more we mention THP, the more likely they will start to have a presence here and offer THP opportunities that we normally wouldn't see.

I had a feeling we might hear something like this based on the fact that you posted their press release so quickly.

If you do order them call up Beau and talk to him. Tell him Martin sent ya. I know THP is working with them already, but maybe the more we mention THP, the more likely they will start to have a presence here and offer THP opportunities that we normally wouldn't see.

When I emailed Beau the first time he had mentioned that he had helped quite a few of us THPr's already, so I think he's ready to give us what5ever deal and help he can give. Also, if you call him, make sure you aren't going to be in a hurry. You quickly find that you not only want to talk to him specifically about the wedges, but itself in general. Very easy guy to talk to.

Good to hear! You're right it's easy to talk to Beau and you find yourself wanting to absorb as much as possible from him.

What did you end up doing with them?

I ended up ordering a 52 and a 57 in the prime, with the firm flex, standard lie. Just waiting to see them now. I got confirmation that they are ready and I have a tracking numbr, but apparently UPS hasn't picked them up yet. No the waiting game starts, which always drives me nuts.

I ended up ordering a 52 and a 57 in the prime, with the firm flex, standard lie. Just waiting to see them now. I got confirmation that they are ready and I have a tracking numbr, but apparently UPS hasn't picked them up yet. No the waiting game starts, which always drives me nuts.

Sounds great! Post some pictures of them now and a week later. Curious to see how they change

Nice write-up. I've heard some great things on these wedges, but have yet to hit one. Sounds like their customer service matches a quality product.

Is that little birdie singing? :D

Sounds great! Post some pictures of them now and a week later. Curious to see how they change

Definitely. They should be in tomorrow and hopefully I will be getting out this weekend to get my first round in with them. Not sure I'll have time to get to the range before I take them out.

Still playing with them before doing a write up. But let me put it this way. These wedges stay in my bag

I want to place an order really bad, but I have to wait till I decide which irons to get before ordering wedges. :disapointed:

I want to place an order really bad, but I have to wait till I decide which irons to get before ordering wedges. :disapointed:

But your short game is the most important aspect of golf...why not buy irons that match the wedges :D

I'd love to pull the trigger on a pair of custom wedges from Beau but I'm not able to justify it with my high handicap.

But your short game is the most important aspect of golf...why not buy irons that match the wedges :D

I'd love to pull the trigger on a pair of custom wedges from Beau but I'm not able to justify it with my high handicap.

Not many here have a handicap higher than I. But I knew what I was looking for when it came to the wedges. I play a player's cavity iron and when I order new wedges, I will probably be ordering the same thing, and then having the lofts tweaked so that I don't have any gaps. Of course, Beau has said that if I should need adjustments made after I order new irons, they would be happy to take care of it for me. So, I say go for it if you are on the fence and are in need of new wedges.

I used to play those wedges...both versions..
Cant wait to see what they have in store next....

I am a big fan of my Eidolon wedges! I have no doubts that my 100-yards-and-in game has improved due to these wedges. I have a 52 and a 57 with firm flex shafts, 1º flat in the prime finish. The prime finish is just now starting to show some signs of surface rust after 3 months or so in SoCal. I dig the vintage look.

TEASE!! I've been so busy that I haven't been on THP much lately. Things are lightening up for me though, so I should be more regular on here soon. Very curious to see what THP has to show us regarding Eidolon!

I'm 99% sure that I will be ordering my new wedges on Friday. I need to talk with them @ Eidolon some to get some recommendations on how to best implement them into my set. I'm pretty sure I am getting at least a 3 wedge set, but I may go to the 4 wedge direction. The more I play, I realize just how important the short sticks are. I just want to make sure I'm not screwing myself.

Not many here have a handicap higher than I. But I knew what I was looking for when it came to the wedges. I play a player's cavity iron and when I order new wedges, I will probably be ordering the same thing, and then having the lofts tweaked so that I don't have any gaps. Of course, Beau has said that if I should need adjustments made after I order new irons, they would be happy to take care of it for me. So, I say go for it if you are on the fence and are in need of new wedges.

Patience is a virtue...that I don't often have

I have been gaming the Eidolon wedges for over a year now. I wouldn't use any other wedges.
I have tried Vokey, Ping, etc... nothing performs as well as the Eidolon wedges.

I really like them for the 50 yard an in game. And there is absolutely no problem getting out of the rough with them. Just trust the club and swing, the ball pops right out.

Patience is a virtue...that I don't often have

What is this "Patience" that you speak of? I've been checking the UPS website everyday since monday, and they are to arrive today, but, I'm at the office, and then have plans tonight, movie, when I get home so I probably won't even get the box opened until tomorrow, when I try to head out to the course to either get in a round or some practice.

What is this "Patience" that you speak of? I've been checking the UPS website everyday since monday, and they are to arrive today, but, I'm at the office, and then have plans tonight, movie, when I get home so I probably won't even get the box opened until tomorrow, when I try to head out to the course to either get in a round or some practice.

They package the wedges pretty well and boy do they look pretty out of the box :).

Hope so. I will get some pic up, hopefully tomorrow, after I get them open. I get to go home, eat dinner in a rush and then head out of the house, not to return until aroudn 3 in the morning, so there shan't be any time before tomorrow unforutnately.

So, they came in yesterday, but I was too occupied going to see HP7p2 to get them out for some pics. So before I went to the course to put them use, I took a couple of quick pics:

DSCN4814.jpg

DSCN4815.jpg

DSCN4816.jpg

I warmed up with them on the range and spent just as much time digging ball cover out of the grooves. These things are SWEET! I am not the best wedge player, but I only flubbed a couple of chips all day. They just glide through the rough with ease and they spin the ball out of the rough as well. Just need to get a course that has a good chipping area that I can practice on for a few hours to get them dialed in. I was hitting 3/4 shots form about 70 yards with the 57 and one of them 2 bounced into the fringe and spun back onto the green, and then ripped a hard left, which is what I was fighting all day anyway, the hooks.

I've now got my eyes on a set of Macgregor Pro-c's on the bay, and then my bag will pretty much be complete, until I find a fairway wood that I hit better than my taylormade.

Thanks for the in-hand pics. They look awesome.

Back