Bridgestone J40 Driver Sneak Peek

I wonder if they'll keep that middle section empty... Just looks kind of weird there.

I cannot wait to hit it.

That was the part that stuck out to me. I kind of like it. Industrial kind of.

I like it. It looks a lot like the J38. I like the traditional teardrop shape. Clean, simple, looks nice!

That picture makes it glary.

Hanks beat me to the weighting that I noticed as well.

That was the part that stuck out to me. I kind of like it. Industrial kind of.

Great way of putting it.. Industrial... I think weird was more 'different' or 'unique'...

I don't know many companies that aren't a giant advertisement on the bottom of the driver currently.

From a purely cosmetic standpoint, the J38 is far superior. I loved the design on the bottom that sort of evoked the U.K. flag. This one looks pretty plain jane. However, if the performance is there, who cares what the bottom looks like? Interesting that it doesn't appear to have an adjustable hosel.

Like it, but nothing is replacing my K15 @ this point!

It's no R11. Do any pro's game this club?

It's no R11. Do any pro's game this club?

Not yet.
But I dont think too many game the one in my bag either and its the best I have hit so far this year.

looks good from address but that sole is just ugly IMO

Not yet.
But I dont think too many game the one in my bag either and its the best I have hit so far this year.

or the DXi.
or the ML4
or Boccieri Heavy Driver

I'm torn on what to think of it by the pics. Looks not too bad from address, but the sole is odd to me. It's one I think I'd really need to see in person as the picture just doesn't seem to do it justice.

What does it matter what the sole looks like?

I should know better but I'm going to ask.... any plans for ones that play from right side?

What does it matter what the sole looks like?

A little harsh aren't we. We can't hit it yet so he is just giving an opinion on the looks.

A little harsh aren't we. We can't hit it yet so he is just giving an opinion on the looks.

Not harsh in my opinion. Curious why the looks of the sole of the club matter. It's a fair question.

I agree the looks don't matter in the end but this club does have a different sole than most in the marketplace and is worth noting.

I agree the looks don't matter in the end but this club does have a different sole than most in the marketplace and is worth noting.

Matt Kuchar plays a prototype J38. It doesn't have a Bridgestone logo on it. I bet people saw it and kept asking Bridgestone for a driver without a logo. So they just made the Bridgestone logo really hard to see.

I bet people saw it and kept asking Bridgestone for a driver without a logo. So they just made the Bridgestone logo really hard to see.

Not really sure that is how it works. Kuchar has played the Tourstage proto driver, but many times the TourStage equipment looks different than the Bridgestone counterparts.

Not really sure that is how it works. Kuchar has played the Tourstage proto driver, but many times the TourStage equipment looks different than the Bridgestone counterparts.

I know this is from last season. This is what I was basing my statement off of.

eqil01_kuchar_wimb.jpg

I know this is from last season. This is what I was basing my statement off of.

eqil01_kuchar_wimb.jpg

I know what he was playing. My post was in regards to the rest of your post.

Back