Tiger and Stevie Split...

Does this mean he's also going to dump Foley and get back with Harmon?

Does this mean he's also going to dump Foley and get back with Harmon?

NO CHANCE. Although he should... Hello 2000!

Tim Rosaforte just reported his #1 thought / rumor is Joe Lacava (Fred Couples long time caddie, now on the bag for Dustin Johnson). Also said Westwood's camp said Billy Foster will not happen.

Well it was good while it lasted anyway. I'm sure both are proud of what happened while they worked with each other. They both sure earned more than their peers. I can understand if SW wants to get more rounds in as he paid his dues out there for TW and now that he's set up an easier job may be in order. This is more surprising than the scandal/divorce to me though.

SW paid his dues with Ray Floyd and Greg Norman prior to Tiger. Two golfers that were on top of their game when SW was on the bag. He probably the best and most seasoned looper on tour. Tough to replace a guy like Steve Williams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He couldn't do any worse.

Agreed.

I have never in all my time around athletes come across a guy that has fans that get so defensive.

Derek Jeter fans are a close 2nd. He's (was) good but by far the god that yankee fans made him out to be. I mean, A-Rod was a better SS.

Tiger wanted to change his caddy. Change is not a bad thing. Good for Tiger. Even better for Steve.

No joke, there is NO way Tiger likes puppies, we all know from his history that he's a major-league cat person.......

Hehhehehehehehe:clapp:

Now that's funny lol

I saw the writing on the wall with this when the "one-time" USA Open deal with SW and AS continued to AT&T and then the British Open.

The most interesting thing in the announcement was the last paragraph....Tiger continues to rest, and no decision has been made when he will play again.

I think that makes the PGA out of reach.

Apparently you cant say anything about Tiger Woods except he likes puppy dogs and ice cream. Anything critical is just not allowed.

That made me chuckle. Hearing defamatory remarks about an athlete whom you are a huge fan of gets very old and that's why a lot of us get defensive. As to the split with Stevie I think its a good thing for both of them. I don't understand the comments about Tiger being hard to work for, Steve and Fluff both seemed to be very happy on his bag.

SW paid his dues with Ray Floyd and Greg Norman prior to Tiger. Two golfers that were on top of their game when SW was on the bag. He probably the best and most seasoned looper on tour. Tough to replace a guy like Steve Williams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For sure, I just don't get it. SW seemed like TW's best bud, to me anyway. TW did seem a little off at Aronamicks press conf though. Maybe he's going crazy like Nicholson in The Shining.

For sure, I just don't get it. SW seemed like TW's best bud, to me anyway. TW did seem a little off at Aronamicks press conf though. Maybe he's going crazy like Nicholson in The Shining.

All rest and no chicks make Tiger a dull boy

What if no one will caddie for Tiger? Be funny if he had to carry his own bag. You think he'd use a Sun Mountain? They're popular with the junior golfers around here.

Kevin

Looking as if this was going to be the topic of the non-existent press conference Tiger was scheduled (not scheduled... Who really knows) to have during Open Championship week.

All rest and no chicks make Tiger a dull boy
No chicks? I thought he was hanging with his ex babysitter? Either way I doubt lack of companionship is the problem.

What if no one will caddie for Tiger? Be funny if he had to carry his own bag. You think he'd use a Sun Mountain? They're popular with the junior golfers around here.

Kevin

It would be cool if he used locals for the rest of the year. If he plays.

But you have to compare it to what one's current job has to offer? Would any joe schmo ditch their 30k desk job to caddy for him? Probably. But would anyone in the top 50 leave their current man for the unknown? Of course some one carrying for #250 on the money list would do it, but Tiger (likley) doesnt want that person. Tiger will hand pick his next loop, and that person is likely on a pretty decent bag already.

Kip Henley, caddie for a top 50 player (Brian Gay) tweeted that 99% of caddies on tour would leave their current jobs to work for Tiger.

Stevie is a hard nut to crack. Someone asked him for his autograph during the practice round at the AT&T National, and he replied, "You don't want my autograph".

Um yes they do, otherwise they along with the 100 others throughout the round wouldn't ask haha.

He learned from the best about signing autographs clearly.

Derek Jeter fans are a close 2nd. He's (was) good but by far the god that yankee fans made him out to be. I mean, A-Rod was a better SS.

Not even close.

That made me chuckle. Hearing defamatory remarks about an athlete whom you are a huge fan of gets very old and that's why a lot of us get defensive.

Speaking of chuckling, that is hysterical.
I stand by my original statement.

I saw this split coming and I'm glad he did it because it tells me that he's serious about changing "who" he is.

In my opinion, Tiger's slump isn't about his knee or his mechanics, it's about who he is (or was) and that he can no longer continue to be that person.
His father basically programmed him to be (as he described him) "a cold-blooded assassin" and Tiger bought into that and took on that persona. But that "get out of my way" attitude finally blew up on him and for him to continue, he needs to lose all of that nonsense and become a real person and not some programmed machine.

In order to do this, he has to break away from the things he used to do and most importantly, the people he used to do them with or more specifically the ones who enabled him and covered for him and Steve Williams is at the top of that list. I think it's very much like someone trying to quit drinking in that one of the very first things they have to do is to part company with their drinking buddies and the people who facilitated their drinking. Steve Williams was no doubt the point man for much of Tiger's shenanigans and may have even arranged things for him from time to time. But he represents probably the biggest connection to Tiger's past life and if Tiger is serious about changing his image, then it was inevitable that Steve had to go.

I think he did it the way he did (by loaning Steve out for a number of tourney's) so that when the announcement came, it wouldn't become a "National Enquirer" headline for its suddenness and people would have time to get used to seeing Williams on the bag for someone else and that would lessen the headline factor.

I think it's a good move and I think it's the most crucial move he's made and I'm happy for him. :thumb:

This wasn;t really all that surprising, what was surprising was Stevie's reaction. He seemed angry at Tiger. I understand him being disappointed that it ended so abruptly, but I thought he would be happy to permanently work with adam scott.

Don't PGA caddies get paid the same as Nationwide, $1500 a weekend and a percentage if cut made 5%, 7% for top 9, or 10% for a win, except top caddies like SW or Fluff, etc?

Don't PGA caddies get paid the same as Nationwide, $1500 a weekend and a percentage if cut made 5%, 7% for top 9, or 10% for a win, except top caddies like SW or Fluff, etc?

While that may be the normal rate, I am sure the top level guys (Bones, SW, Fluff, etc) have different payment schedules / incentives.

Back