Callaway Razr X Tour Irons

true that, I hope this bumpage makes this thread last for over 3 minutes

I was drilling the 8 iron today. Could it be my new favorite RXT?

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I was drilling the 8 iron today. Could it be my new favorite RXT?

you did mash it that one good time. I think my favorite RXT is my 7. thats what I hit on 18 onto the green. It was like butter

you did mash it that one good time. I think my favorite RXT is my 7. thats what I hit on 18 onto the green. It was like butter

But they aren't forged Jeff, how can that be?

TC - I know you mentioned similar forgiveness as the Burner 2, but how do the distances compare between the 2? I think my Burner 2's with the PX shafts are heavy, I wonder how the RXTs would compare.

TC - I know you mentioned similar forgiveness as the Burner 2, but how do the distances compare between the 2? I think my Burner 2's with the PX shafts are heavy, I wonder how the RXTs would compare.

I'm finding very similar distances. I think the 4 and 5 iron of the 2.0's are a bit longer but that's it.

whoa. whoa. whoa. They are cast. Being buttery defies logic....

Great videos guys. One-T, I want to borrow one of the RXTs to hit a few with on Media Day. Awesome looking sticks.

Great videos guys. I was hitting OEM's PW on the range a couple weeks ago and was very impressed with the RXT's. The feel and sound were great and the ball went exactly where I aimed. I definitely want to swing some more when we are all in FL.

Just got back from another very good range session with the RXT's. Hit a few chunky as has been my nemesis lately but I'll get that straightened out. I was working on my routine today more so then anything else. Since it was on the hot side I only hit a small bucket but worked on the routine and played holes in my head. Im so bad with the routine that I routinely forget to do it but when I did the results were awesome. Im becoming a big believer in the routine. The other thing Ive been trying to do is get the distances worked out with the RXT's. Today I hit a couple PW's that I lasered at 155. WTF? Yeah Im not sure what to think about that. Ive been hitting the ball further but thats crazy long for me. Tomorrow Im going back for another range session and more RXT work. Hit them and you will like them too.

Just got back from another very good range session with the RXT's. Hit a few chunky as has been my nemesis lately but I'll get that straightened out. I was working on my routine today more so then anything else. Since it was on the hot side I only hit a small bucket but worked on the routine and played holes in my head. Im so bad with the routine that I routinely forget to do it but when I did the results were awesome. Im becoming a big believer in the routine. The other thing Ive been trying to do is get the distances worked out with the RXT's. Today I hit a couple PW's that I lasered at 155. WTF? Yeah Im not sure what to think about that. Ive been hitting the ball further but thats crazy long for me. Tomorrow Im going back for another range session and more RXT work. Hit them and you will like them too.

Perhaps forgetting your routine is your routine.

Perhaps forgetting your routine is your routine.

lol sorry dude I said that wrong, I meant to say when I remembered to do the routine the shots were crisp and the results good.

And awesome videos by Team Calloaway.

here is a video from TC, sorr for the shaky part where he is hitting, I was holding the camera all WIERD

Jake, notice how divot occurs after ball, that's called ball striking. I'd be more than happy spending some time on the range with you in August.

Thanks for the vids, Calloways. Entertaining as always. What sort of distance are you getting out of that AW, TC? I imagine whatever distance it is could be a very good number for you to play to.

One-T, you belong on Team Hackers with that kind of ball striking.

Thanks for the vids, Calloways. Entertaining as always. What sort of distance are you getting out of that AW, TC? I imagine whatever distance it is could be a very good number for you to play to.

One-T, you belong on Team Hackers with that kind of ball striking.

I love it at 100 yards, am proficient with it from 75 - 125 yards. I love chipping with it too.

I love it at 100 yards, am proficient with it from 75 - 125 yards. I love chipping with it too.

Ive found the same exact thing. That club is money from 100 yards. If I try to stretch it much more then 125 I might end up with a Jake.

I like the versatility. It sounds like a good tool to have in your bag. I wish Jrod didn't have iron poles for iron shafts so I could really get an idea of how these irons would work for me.

Straight.

Ok just catching up and great videos fellas. One-T... that just happened.

chreestopher: nice writeups. Glad you're liking them as much as some folks here are.
j.cp: can't wait to hear more. I know you're gonna dig these irons. From personal experience, if you have enough giddy up, the PX's with the RXT's are a heckuva combo.

Anyone try the RXTs with the M75i shafts? I was going to order the RXs with the stock graphite shafts as they work really, really well for my swing, but I wondered how the Tours were with the graphite.

I don't recall anyone putting a graphite shaft on these. I'm sure someone will chime in if and when that happens.

Love the videos guys!!! Great turf interaction fellas.

Thanks for the feedback Original Equipment Manufacturer Kevin! You'll get that worked out.

I've tried the stock Callaway graphite but only in the X. Sorry can't help.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Love the videos guys!!! Great turf interaction fellas.

Thanks for the feedback Original Equipment Manufacturer Kevin! You'll get that worked out.

I've tried the stock Callaway graphite but only in the X. Sorry can't help.

That's OEM to you Tina.

But you're right. Tomorrow it gets corrected. Then nothing but workability.

I don't like abbreviations but for you I'll do it. Good to hear these are working out for you dude.

Well done fellas! All that video practice has made you two guys naturals.

Glad you are liking your MC irons!

I played a full round tonight with the clubs …. I am sold, satisfied with my purchase and real excited to get everything dialed in.

In the back of my mind I have been getting a little anxious that the clubs had taken 2 two weeks longer to get here than I had anticipated. One, because I enjoy the instant gratification of purchasing new toys and two , the club championship is coming fast and I have to get confident with these new sticks.

Well I can now easily say I am gaining the confidence. I shot a 78 with a bogey, double, bogey finish. The new clubs are going to be filling in nicely.

A quick note about the finish. This was on the notoriously punishing holes of the Hazelwood 9 AKA Hazardwood, Hazardrock , and a few I will spare the women and children from. The two bogeys were 3 putts one due to miss-clubbing on the low side. the double was an alignment timing issue so the newness of the the irons had a small part to play but I will take 90% of the blame.

Ok on to the rest of the round.

New distances - while I think I could get 1.5 clubs longer I think I will play for 1 just to not be jumping on every shot. So this is great , I confidence that I have the longer shots back in the bag that have not been there over that last 2 years.

Confidence at address … they are already feeling familiar and like my clubs

Timing - by this I mean the last fractions of second before contact when you square the club up , I am finding I am just a little slow and I am "fanning" the shot a touch. This I know will take a little bit and I just need to focus on that. It also means I don't need to be ripping at everything. when I just was off a touch things seem to get aligned correctly.

5959969320_d229e5a5eb_z.jpg

this is a good example of the slight timing issue ... while the result is pretty good this was fanned to the right the breeze held it and possibly helped it back.

Trajectory - High and Higher! I think I might need to work on trapping the ball a touch just to get the apex a touch lower.

Sound - when I was 16 there was a guy at our club that tried out for the Tour and played on and off the Canadian Tour hit the ball it had a very distinct sound , he had these cool cast tour blade that I am blanking on the brand but they are not around anymore. when I hit these clubs I am reminded of the sound when he hit the ball it always sounded awesome. I have been really digging the sound of impact with the RXT's

8i I hit this club a fair bit which I anticipate using a lot. Solid! The leading edge feels sharp and digs into the turf the right amount actually almost more than my Titleist blades.

5959970698_9f8bf7e03b_z.jpg

Hit a great shot on the second hole a 145yd 3/4 8i shot into the wind that got me into the round early.

PW Had a bunch of 110 - 120 yard shots that turned out pretty good . One dart like when I was getting let through by a 4some so that was a extra bonus because the pressure and focus was up and the clubs delivered when I need them. I have some timing issues on the others my distance control was pretty good but I was a little wide 20 - 40 ft. this is a great feeling club, strong but precise .

4i,5i,6i - layups while I might not normally use these clubs for the shots I had I was trying to use the new clubs rather than just play my normal game. Love these clubs , they feel real easy to hit so far as long as you put a reasonable swing on them. I already feel confident with them and yet I feel like I have the control I want when I need to manoeuvre myself into positions on the course. Plus it's fun to watch the 4i soar like a hybrid.

AW - this club is starting to settle in a bit and I am finding its comfortable full length which is not as long as I initially thought. I am warming up to this club, not that I was cold to it but it was the one that I thought about most when choosing the setup. I also used it to pitch with on a hole with a very touchy shot and pulled it off well. I defiantly has a different feel than my Cleveland wedge but it wasn't a bad thing. I just about made the chip too boot.

So to wrap up this write up, I can say these are quickly replacing the old clubs and I will never look back. For those of us that pride ourselves on being able to hit even the most unforgiving blades theses are easily worth a test when we are looking to add some technology to our game , and by technology I mean length , forgiveness feel while not loosing accuracy. I immediately have started to hit good to great shots with these clubs and still feel there is more to get from them.

These might be the best overall iron set I have ever hit when you think of distance, forgiveness, feel, accuracy and overall playability. Callaway has designed a great club. ( and yeah I have tried the 2.0's out, just didn't get a feel for the metal trampoline that randomly double bounced my ball past my target )

Back